Camp Wannalottaplat

39 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

So what is everyones plan for the next two weeks to pregame the camp? I see some are starting thier KH playthroughs, since those will take some time.

For me, I think I will focus on Yonder for my 10th plat. I really like the image and its called A Walk in the Park. How summery is that to start off with. Also for my vita the lego game since it is a library game. If I need a break I can try to finish the multiplayer for Far Cry. 

I'm trying to wrap up my game for MOnthly Madness, Nom Nom Galaxy, it's fun but I just havent had the drive to play games this month so just been plugging away little bits as I feel like it. Once that's done I think I'll start one of the games for this to start prepping it, either KH2 or Don't Starve probably

6 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@Edunstar84, you could always try for Tales of Symphonia for the bonus. One of the towns they visit is an amusement park/resort.

I also see that you have Atelier Ayesha and Rorona on your profile... don't see any other Atelier title on your backlog, but Totori would work (they have a hot springs scene and a fishing festival) as well as Sophie (you go to the lake with certain characters as well as attend a concert) and Firis (there's a festival, a puppet show, and hot springs... and one of the endings of the game is opening up a school so you could actually say that the entire game is a "summer break" before school starts ;) ).

I guess you haven't seen my reviews of all 4 Ateliers, especially Ayesha Plus.....I hate them and will never touch the games again :P 

Just now, Edunstar84 said:

I guess you haven't seen my reviews of all 4 Ateliers, especially Ayesha Plus.....I hate them and will never touch the games again :P 

Link? I'm actually curious because I like them a lot haha

1 hour ago, SquidBaronet said:

Anyone doing FFXIII: Lightning Returns? Come on, do it. They're speed-running that game on RPG Limit Break 2018 right now. Meow meow choco-chow. ?

It's been in my backlog for a while... I always forget about it... which one do you think it would count toward? I honestly have no idea.

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

So what is everyones plan for the next two weeks to pregame the camp? I see some are starting thier KH playthroughs, since those will take some time.

For me, I think I will focus on Yonder for my 10th plat. I really like the image and its called A Walk in the Park. How summery is that to start off with. Also for my vita the lego game since it is a library game. If I need a break I can try to finish the multiplayer for Far Cry. 

I should start on some of the longer games, but most of them are PS4 games, and I would like to play at least 1 PS3 game before the event starts. Not sure which one yet.

2 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Link? I'm actually curious because I like them a lot haha

I think I blocked it out of my memory, but I think my feeling can be summed up here.

@Edunstar84, they tuned down the need for complete understanding of the alchemy system, removed the time restraints, and made the games overall easier imo for Sophie and Firis... which is why I don't like them as much as the Arland and Dusk trilogy. I think you might like them based on what you pointed out in that thread :P 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Smh, anyone who knows me knows I love Beyond Two Souls. :P

Hmm I didn't know that :hmm: .

6 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Hope you don't mind @Toogie53 but since so many people are doing KH games I'm going to shamelessly self plug my Let's Play Kingdom Hearts event. You can also get emblems for completing the games.

You should add a note that emblems are currently on hold for now.

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I know where the joke came from, and I still think you're crazy :P  

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

All the best people are crazy. I mean your name is Mama Backlog Monster. Just look at you.

There's nothing wrong with being crazy, as long as it's the good kind of crazy.

3 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Play your event and fall under my category of not having the bulls and start a new game most likely

• Like 1

@kingofbattle8174I'll finish Killzone 2 next. Got all misc trophies within the last days. Only Elite Difficulty Playthrough needed for Plat + 100% :)

After that probably continuing on Far Cry Primal which fits several categories for Summer Camp but i don't want to hold it until June :D

@donut_plzI don't own any Kingdom Hearts and even if i would, i doubt i could finish it within this event :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

29 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

Hell I own all of the kh but don't know when or where to start the long grind. Hope to atleast get some done before 3 though.

I recommend to start with the first game and play them in this order: KH1 -> CoM -> 358/2 Days -> KH2 -> BBS -> Re:Coded -> DDD -> 0.2 -> KHX.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I might platinum Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth this week, so it will probably be no longer available for this event. The medal farming is going quicker than I thought, only 3 medals left out of 500! Plus, the Colloseum battles are a piece of cake, now that I have a destructive team!

I also started FF7 which I didn't include in the event, but might progress a little with this one this month. I'm going to try not to start a new game for now. I'll try to platinum/100% Hue, Tearaway and Croixleur Sigma. I'll also progress with Deadpool, Worms Battlegrounds, Sound Shapes and Spy Chameleon. I believe that if I don't start a new game so soon, I might complete most of the games I have on my profile until the end of June/July.

7 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

So what is everyones plan for the next two weeks to pregame the camp?

I'll finish A Hat in Time, because it is my only unrelated and not buggy (thx Owlboy) game at the moment I think. And I'll probably prepare my Fallout 4 playthrough. I just need 2 whole endings and the bobble-heads, so everything preceding that isn't new to me and preparing some of it would cut quite some time.

7 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I'll probably go for the Hitman Absolution plat next. That game has been in my backlog for a while and now that the online servers are going to be closed, I finally have my reason to play it. 

16 minutes ago, Izul said:

I'll probably go for the Hitman Absolution plat next. That game has been in my backlog for a while and now that the online servers are going to be closed, I finally have my reason to play it. 

I still need to do the online for that game. But turning on my ps3 sadly is a chore lol

Love the idea of the event @Toogie53 and I want to join so Count me in! For me summer is always Vita time of the year. J (Mostly because my fiancé kills me if I heat up the living room with my PS4, but it´s also a good time to see what´s new on the Vita or play something that I left undone last year!) I added for all categories some games I think that fits into them. I´m not sure if I will reach the goal to complete 3 categories because summer time is also time for friends, sun, swimming and barbeque but it doesn´t hurt to enter this contest and try J. But it´s always better to have some games you can switch to if you want to play something different.

• Make Friends - The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

What better way to make friends then in school? Since I´m playing it right now and I´m not too far into the game I choose this game

• Hang out at the Lake - The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2

There is a fishing trophy so I guess there are some lakes in it J )

• Play a Sport -  J-Stars Victory VS+

A little bit far from “sport” but fighting is also a sport an since you can have up to two teammates I think you can also say it´s organized :D

• Go Hiking - Adventure of Mana

After finishing Secret of Mana on my holiday I think this game deserves some time too.

• Shoot Something - Titan Souls

Sadly nothing else comes to my mind with an bow :o So not sure I can manage the platinum but I can try

• Make Something - Stardew Valley

Glad this released in May for Vita since it was awesome on PS4

• Learn Something - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

The game leads you through different times in the history of the Cooper family so for me it would be story of the different historical events of the Cooper family.

• Put on a Show - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

I think Sly is the best thief in his universe so I guess he shows off his talent this way and put on quite some show for everyone around him? Does it count in this category? :D

• Tell a Ghost Story  Yomawari: Night Alone

Started the game but never get into it so maybe this time it deserves a second chance J

• Get Tested - Salt and Sanctuary 

Bought it out of curiosity but never touched it after that. Also something I can try out for Summer

• Be a Hermit - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

Since im only left with all the minigame stuff in this part I would add it to this category

• Survive - Lone Survivor: The Director´s Cut 

Have this game for a long time but never played it

• BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation  Y´s VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

I would say this is a roadtrip to discover a whole new world and all of it´s locations with a trophy regarding map completion!

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Inuty said:
  • Get Tested - Salt and Sanctuary 

Bought it out of curiosity but never touched it after that. Also something I can try out for Summer

• BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation  Y´s VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

I would say this is a roadtrip to discover a whole new world and all of it´s locations with a trophy regarding map completion!

If you like any of the Souls games, you'll like Salt & Sanctuary. They're very similar, except S&S is 2D.

Ys VIII also takes place on a tropical island, so that fits with summer vacation theme. You can also fish and explore underwater.

3 minutes ago, Fidel said:

Yes. The last 3 are in that collection. But 3 of them are movies, and shouldn't take nearly as long to get through. 

Thx for explaining. And yeah Movies shouldn't be long... Imagine a 10 hours long one :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

7 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Thx for explaining. And yeah Movies shouldn't be long... Imagine a 10 hours long one :D

Lol. All 3 combined don't even take 10 hours to watch, so no worries there. The first two are about 3 hours each, and the last one is a lot shorter.