Camp Wannalottaplat

Make something

• Borderlands the pre sequel (June 3rd)
    Crafting gear in the grinder

Hermit

• Borderlands 2 ☐ (not yet completed)
    Herbert the hermit

Get tested

• Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (not yet completed)
    Future Tense, challenge map
    (Releases on June 29th)

Vacation

• Killing Floor 2 ✅ (June 12th)
    Amusement park, with playable arcades

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Learn something 

• Battlefield 1 (May 30th)
    Quite a bit to learn from the game
Edited by SnowFleurz

12 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

The only disturbing thing about this statement is your love for Beyond Two Souls

Well I am waiting at the bus stop clinging to my little rucksack, eyes watering, legs shivering the cold sweeping down as night approaches. Mum and Dad have driven off and the shadows are reaching out to engulf me. Please @Toogie53 don't forget about me I so wish a seat on the bus. Don't leave another little guy out in the cold, it is scary out here waiting, let me join the cool kids at camp ......l

Adding you now. 

12 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

So what is everyones plan for the next two weeks to pregame the camp? I see some are starting thier KH playthroughs, since those will take some time.

For me, I think I will focus on Yonder for my 10th plat. I really like the image and its called A Walk in the Park. How summery is that to start off with. Also for my vita the lego game since it is a library game. If I need a break I can try to finish the multiplayer for Far Cry. 

I'm working on Battlefield Hardline and still co-oping Ghost Recon Wildlands with @donut_plz. I'll probably finish Hardline this weekend since I don't plan to do the MP trophies. So after that, I might try to get an EZPZ game out of the way or get another trophy or two out of Overwatch. 

• Like 2

So I think I finally got my games for this:

Play a Sport: MLB The Show 18

Shoot Something: Assassin's Creed Origins

Make Something: Prey

BONUS: Summer Vacation: Lego Jurassic World

And just for fun, I want to add another game, in the event I have 100% any of these before the camp starts.And if I don't, it'll be fun just to see if I can go above and beyond the requirements:

Hang Out at the Lake: Battleship

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 1:26 PM, Niamh5445 said:

This sounds like a lot of fun for the summer, i'd like to sign up if you still have space. I'm still looking at my backlog so i'll update this post later with an offical list. Thanks! 

Making Friends: Borderlands 2 (PS4)

Borderlands 2 is a really good game to play with your friends. I played my first playthrough with 2 friends and will be getting them to help finish the platinum.  

Putting on a Show: Saints Row 3

I am trying to platinum Saints Row 3 as i have 100% for Saints Row 4 and Gat Out of Hell it would be nice to have the Saints Row 3 Plat as well so seeing the comment that the Saints Row mini games would count here is a good way to tie the two together.  

Go Hiking: God of War

All of the trailers show that there is a very large amount of walking in God of War which is great for this category. 

Bonus: Far Cry 3

The games starts by going on a vacation which ties into this category quite nicely. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Niamh5445 said:

Making Friends: Borderlands 2 (PS4)

Borderlands 2 is a really good game to play with your friends. I played my first playthrough with 2 friends and will be getting them to help finish the platinum.  

Putting on a Show: Saints Row 3

I am trying to platinum Saints Row 3 as i have 100% for Saints Row 4 and Gat Out of Hell it would be nice to have the Saints Row 3 Plat as well so seeing the comment that the Saints Row mini games would count here is a good way to tie the two together.  

Go Hiking: God of War

All of the trailers show that there is a very large amount of walking in God of War which is great for this category. 

Bonus: Far Cry 3

The games starts by going on a vacation which ties into this category quite nicely. 

Nice choices all around.  I think this list looks pretty fun. 

• Like 1

Back after finishing the Spring Fling event (finally) last night, here's my list for this event.

Put on a Show - MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (Vita) - The characters in-game are shooting a movie on campus involving a zombie invasion. Perfect choice for this one.

Get Tested - Gravity Rush 2 - Like its predecessor, Gravity Rush 2 has a number of challenge missions scattered throughout the game that are required for the platinum. Some of the ones in the Vita version were difficult (less so in the PS4 remastered version). I'm hoping for a challenge from these.

Be a Hermit - Yakuza Kiwami - This fulfills both of the two suggestions for this - there's a hermit who's a major character introduced within the storyline, and being a Yakuza game it's filled to the brim with all sorts of minigames to waste time fill out the completion list with.

BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - Persona 4 Golden - Pretty self-explanatory, the characters have their own summer vacation cutscenes, including a trip to the beach and performing a concert.

In case you need these, here are the beginning %s:

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies - 17%

Gravity Rush 2 - 21%

Yakuza Kiwami - 58%

Persona 4 Golden - 55%

I actually picked out a game for every category in the opening post. If it comes to a point where I think I'll finish the entire list or if I need a substitution like last event, I'll throw one of those games in. I do have more time this time around with less tax work like the beginning of April, so hopefully no substitutions will be needed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

2 bad we have to wait another 2 weeks 

Hah! I know. Sorry for the delay. When I first started doing these events, I needed a couple weeks just to get a handful of people to actually join up. Now that clearly isn't a problem; but, I've come to enjoy the break between the events. I like the anticipation and it helps me be excited for the next round. The rules allow you to begin working on games whenever you want. Just don't pop the final trophy until June and you should be good. :)

Just now, Toogie53 said:

Hah! I know. Sorry for the delay. When I first started doing these events, I needed a couple weeks just to get a handful of people to actually join up. Now that clearly isn't a problem; but, I've come to enjoy the break between the events. I like the anticipation and it helps me be excited for the next round. The rules allow you to begin working on games whenever you want. Just don't pop the final trophy until June and you should be good. :)

Rules... there are rules?

18 minutes ago, Jesaya815 said:

Toogie's going to need a vacation after he created like a hundred badges and the event is officially over :D .

Once he's done with the badges design he only need to add the nicknames to each one, but yeah there'll be a lot of those badges around the forum ? 

• Like 1

I really like the idea for this event! Now that I'm nearly finished with my final exams I'll have much more time for gaming so count me in. Also, I'm a first timer in this event (as it appears to be a series) so I hope I'll be off to a good start :D
I want to participate so that I have a motivation to finish some titles from my backlog. It should help me with my 2018 goals.

Here are my picks:

• Make Friends - Watch Dogs 2 - Every Ded Sec member is practically your friend, right? They act as if they were. Also, they have a mutual goal to bring down the Big Brother of Chicago and have to work together. I say it fits :)

Ld181ad.png

• Hang out at the Lake - SOMA - There's a lot of water in this game. I think that's sufficient as I'm not sure I have any other lakeish game I'd like to finish. It's safe to say that when it comes to that category I did not have a great POOL of choices :D I'll go hide now...

Lad8fb9.png

• Play a Sport - Rayman Legends - There's football. Yep, that's all.

Ldaa4fc.png

• Go Hiking - Rime - This should be relaxing, right? A good hike never killed anybody.

L0024ed.png

• Shoot Something - Battlefield 1 - I want to get 100% in this game. If anybody has any doubts whether this game fits this category.... isn't the title enough?

L3851fb.png

• Make Something - LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - I will be making so many creations out of Lego bricks in this game it's ridiculous. I'm all for that tho :D

La9a0e9.png

• Learn Something - Assassin's Creed Rogue - There's some history I guess. The Templars, right? They did exist... I guess.

Ld3a753.png

• Put on a Show - Foul Play - You remember that time you went to a theater to see a play and instead cheered for a bald guy with a monocle beating Persians with a cane? Me neither...

Le0a303.png

• Tell a Ghost Story - Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - This game fits the category. Enough said... It's kinda vacationy too, right? With the trip to Louisiana?

L0cfa4a.png

• Get Tested - Spy Chameleon - This game has a really bad reputation on this site. I hope I don't get discouraged when playing this garbage.

Lbb4510.png

• Be a Hermit - The Mysteries of Little Riddle - I just want to finish that. A game that is a series of timed mini games. Don't ask why I even started this...

L1274fe.png

• Survive - Little Nightmares - Sure, I don't collect resources in this game, but it's really intense when it comes to escaping all those horrid nightmare creatures. 

L761f4e.png

• Bonus Category: Summer Vacation - Dead Island: Riptide - I know, I know, Riptide doesn't fit the category as well as the original does. But I have the original done already and want to get this one out of the way. 

L9c7378.png

I guess that's my list. I decided to go for so many categories because I have so many games to finish :P 

I'll also be playing other games on the side, but I would really like to complete a game from every category. It'll probably be dependent on what PS Plus or Store Sales bring us...

Good luck to everyone! 

Edited by RockyJokerPL
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, RockyJokerPL said:
  • Hang out at the Lake - SOMA - There's a lot of water in this game. I think that's sufficient as I'm not sure I have any other lakeish game I'd like to finish. It's safe to say that when it comes to that category I did not have a great POOL of choices :D I'll go hide now...

giphy.gif

LOL. I'll get you added. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, XX_FTW said:

This is such a cool idea. I want in. *goes off to check backlog ...more on that later lol. 

19 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

And XX_FTW was never seen again.. 

Alas! I've returned from a perilous journey to the depths of the dungeon of Backlogia with three offerings to the gods of Platina.

Make Something - Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)

Go Hiking - Tearaway (PSV)

Learn Something - God of War (PS4)

I might add in some smaller games to fill out some more camp activities but we'll talk about that as it happens. If that's the case, I'll probably move GoW to the bonus.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RockyJokerPL said:
  • Get Tested - Spy Chameleon - This game has a really bad reputation on this site. I hope I don't get discouraged when playing this garbage.

An actual representation of Rocky's decision-making skills:

Funniest-Fail-GIFs-6.gif

As for me, I'm debating between getting my account to 100% and setting myself up for an epic 5k trophy milestone. Either way, I'm probably going to need to start something new, because I'm not sure I can wait until June.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

An actual representation of Rocky's decision-making skills:

Funniest-Fail-GIFs-6.gif

As for me, I'm debating between getting my account to 100% and setting myself up for an epic 5k trophy milestone. Either way, I'm probably going to need to start something new, because I'm not sure I can wait until June.

You have a super impressive account;  I think Stardew Valley and No Man's Sky are the two games that will stop me from ever getting 100% - Stardew because I need to get good enough at Journey of the Prairie King, and No Man's Sky because it gives me terrible motion sickness and headaches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

You have a super impressive account;  I think Stardew Valley and No Man's Sky are the two games that will stop me from ever getting 100% - Stardew because I need to get good enough at Journey of the Prairie King, and No Man's Sky because it gives me terrible motion sickness and headaches.

Funny you should say that. I was just thinking I might begin Stardew Valley, so I don't have to worry about 100% any time soon. I've played it a little on the PC, but yeah, that arcade game is what's holding me back. Well, that and I don't really need another 100+ hour game.

NMS isn't worth it, even without the headaches. My only saving grace was that it was extremely easy to farm warp cell components while watching movies. I think, since you already have the plat, you could do the same. (Assuming they didn't patch out the trick where you can buy low and sell high from the merchants.)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Arctic Cress said:

I think you skipped adding me, though I didn't say I was signing up in my post. My mistake.

Yep! I did. My bad. I'll put you in. 

23 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

NMS isn't worth it, even without the headaches. My only saving grace was that it was extremely easy to farm warp cell components while watching movies. I think, since you already have the plat, you could do the same. (Assuming they didn't patch out the trick where you can buy low and sell high from the merchants.)

Agreed. I hated almost every minute of that platinum. No way I'd go back for 100%. I guess that's the nice part of not having a pristine profile. The pressure to stay 100% is already dead and gone.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2