Camp Wannalottaplat

I like that the goals for your event are totally reachable in the timeframe of the event.  I Never participate at a Event because i thought i would not reach the goals in time. So its nice to see that your rules are reasonable :) i put a lot of games in my list which needs a lot of time to Platinum. But 3 Games in nearly 3 Months are doable without any stress and this is what gaming is about 

5 hours ago, Inuty said:

I like that the goals for your event are totally reachable in the timeframe of the event.  I Never participate at a Event because i thought i would not reach the goals in time. So its nice to see that your rules are reasonable :) i put a lot of games in my list which needs a lot of time to Platinum. But 3 Games in nearly 3 Months are doable without any stress and this is what gaming is about 

Thanks. Its been a work in progress and I've had a lot of feedback from people that have participated. So its being shaped by many hands. A lot of that feedback is that it is nice to have some more casual events going on. My first event was actually really hard. It was 13 games in 2.5 months haha. A few people, including myself, pulled it off but I was really burnt out at the end two others said the same. So I made the next one have just three so we could recover and it just felt a lot better anyway. The bonus category idea came along with that,  and later this current model where you had choices between many categories but still only asked for 3 completions. I think its my favorite way. Its the best of both worlds. Still reasonable and it gives less casual guys the ability to challenge themselves and have big lists if they want it. 

5 hours ago, TristanBrown17 said:

If you could put me down for camper. I gotta look through my backlog and pick some games out sometime this weekend :)

No problem. I will add you to the list soon. But you are in. 

29 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Started playing Blue Reflection in order to prep it for the Make Friends category. And it's fantastic. I'm in chapter 4 of 12 and this game is just amazing. The art is stunning, the music is one of those "subtle but WOW" types, and the story is proving to be awesome. It's also very magical-girl-esque, which you don't see much of in the video game world.

If anyone is stuck on a game for Make Friends or Make Something, check this out; the entire game focuses on building relationships with your classmates by empathizing with their strong emotions, and it also has an element where you craft items. It could also probably count for Put On A Show because the main character is in charge of prepping her class's activities for the school's festival.

Just noticed that @cjshaitan also recommended it a couple posts above mine ;) 

I think I might change my "Put on a Show" choice for Blue Reflection.  I did wonder whether it would count, and with hearing all these good reviews about it makes me want to bump it up my backlog a bit more.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Started playing Blue Reflection in order to prep it for the Make Friends category. And it's fantastic. I'm in chapter 4 of 12 and this game is just amazing. The art is stunning, the music is one of those "subtle but WOW" types, and the story is proving to be awesome. It's also very magical-girl-esque, which you don't see much of in the video game world.

If anyone is stuck on a game for Make Friends or Make Something, check this out; the entire game focuses on building relationships with your classmates by empathizing with their strong emotions, and it also has an element where you craft items. It could also probably count for Put On A Show because the main character is in charge of prepping her class's activities for the school's festival.

I got the plat in it and you could probably also justify it for Meet a Hermit, Go Hiking, Play a Sport, and Hang out at the Lake.   Make Friends is the best one, but it has a lot it fits well into.

I can also vouch for the fact that it's a very reasonable plat.  You'll want to check out the trophy guide for tips and points of no return, but as long as you keep those tips in mind and don't avoid fighting too much, it's not a hard plat at all.

Okay, so I know I submitted a list earlier but I am going to give a summary of the finalized list if that's alright with you, Toogie.

1. Go Hiking: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (I have a great video guide for getting all of the trophies)
  2. Get Tested: Teslagrad (while you don't have to defeat the final boss, you do have to go through a ton of tough electromagnetic puzzles)
  3. Survive: Dragon Quest Builders (I changed it because the goal of the each chapter is to rebuild the city from ruin and you have to gather materials to rebuild houses and feed yourself while fighting off monsters attacking the towns)
  4. Bonus Game: Summer Vacation: Reverie (In the past I have usually gone to the beach with my family, so why not explore an island in the country where GamersJoint, the newshound of Kingdom Hearts news, lives? Yes, that guy lives in New Zealand. :P)

While there are other games I could play for the event, I decided to keep it simple so I could focus on games I need to complete during the summer. (Also, I promised my mom I'd go see the Black Panther movie with her next week so that's time out of gaming for me.) Other than Reverie, which I had to buy(for $14.05), I already have everything else. (I bought DQB during the Golden Week PSN sale so I got it for $35. The other games I have on other accounts.) If anyone thinks I should add more games to kill the time since this event is longer than usual, let me know.

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SquidBaronet said:

If anyone thinks I should add more games to kill the time since this event is longer than usual, let me know.

The primary objective is to complete 3 games. So nobody but you should decide if you want to do more games than you mentioned :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Glad you are enjoying it. I think perhaps the only downside is you ended up way overleveled by mid way through the story making the combat just filler. Still the combat really only feels like a side thing to everything else anyway. Would definitely recommend keeping a save of each of the free times from chapter 6 onwards. It seems like you can get well ahead of the guide in the crafting too which makes it a bit more relaxing approaching end game,

55 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Glad you are enjoying it. I think perhaps the only downside is you ended up way overleveled by mid way through the story making the combat just filler. Still the combat really only feels like a side thing to everything else anyway. Would definitely recommend keeping a save of each of the free times from chapter 6 onwards. It seems like you can get well ahead of the guide in the crafting too which makes it a bit more relaxing approaching end game,

I've been playing the game on hard the entire time. I got stomped quite frequently at the beginning, but it's seeming like it's getting a bit easier now (I'm in the free time right after Ako's scenario, chpt 4). I've always been the kind to do everything that's available to me as soon as possible in my JRPGs, so this is no different... anything that I can craft, any fragments that I can upgrade, any missions I can go on... I've been completing it all. The only thing I haven't done is spam hanging out with characters as I know that can super over-level you...

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 1:15 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

@Toogie53 i looked through the list of games you prepared on the first post already and all but one worked for me... from Malachi1987's list the 2nd game (NBA?) showed an error page... besides that cool that you do this (image + link) again :)

Finally fixed this. Sorry, I like to do the updates when I'm bored at work. It's too hard to edit on my phone, which I use to read this forum at home. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Finally fixed this. Sorry, I like to do the updates when I'm bored at work. It's too hard to edit on my phone, which I use to read this forum at home. 

You don't have to apologize to me ? and yeah even though i read a lot of content via mobile too some things like tagging someone or choosing emojis in a message a way harder on mobile than on pc :( something i don't understand is i can't delete any tagged name on my mobile really weird... really stupid if i tag someone i didn't mean to :D ... mh is should mention this to @Sly Ripper

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I do have a computer at home too, but its kind of a pain in the ass. I use it to make badges and whatnot, but I only occassionally use it. Mostly because that's the place my kids use the most. The monitor is shared between our extra PS4 and the PC. Whenever I go to use it, I end up spending 15 minutes having to wipe everything down and untangle the mouse cord etc. before I can stand to sit there for more than a few minutes. I'm not OCD or anything. My kids are just gross. ?

• Like 1

So, I ended up feeling like I needed to break this up a little bit and sub-divide the campers to make it easier for people to find themselves etc. So I did end up making "cabins" for the event. Thanks to @Edunstar84 for planting that idea. I'm not really putting any structure around what being in a cabin together means, but I will post the cabin's overall completion average for the games they've selected. If you want to be more or less supportive of people based on cabin number that is your own call.

EDIT: I didn't end up doing any shuffling anyone around. You are all assigned based on when you signed up. I am going to put myself in the last cabin. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

@Toogie53 I assume that you're still working on adding everyone's lists to the first post, as I expanded on mine later in the thread.  Is there anything that we can all do to make it easier for you?  Like a uniform posting format?

I like the idea of the cabins too, although I think @Kent10201 needs to be swapped to Cabin #4 as he gets separation anxiety if he's away from his Internet Mom (and brother :ninja: ) for too long :giggle:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

@Toogie53 I assume that you're still working on adding everyone's lists to the first post, as I expanded on mine later in the thread.  Is there anything that we can all do to make it easier for you?  Like a uniform posting format?

I like the idea of the cabins too, although I think @Kent10201 needs to be swapped to Cabin #4 as he gets separation anxiety if he's away from his Internet Mom (and brother :ninja: ) for too long :giggle:

Nope sorry too late, no swaps allowed?.

Also I nominate myself for Cabin Motivator.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 3

Just now, Mesopithecus said:

No. It's not difficult for me to keep it up once I do the initial set up. And since I have several days until this even starts, I'm ahead of the game. It's not very hard for me to even do the inital one. I just need to reread the forum posts and find when people added lists. I'm on page 6 right now. I think @Jens was the last person I updated before I started to realize it was hard to find specific peopl and then broke them up into groups of 10.  ?

4 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Sorry I'm allergic to seafood. I'd like to stay where I am. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I hope everyone in Cabin #4 likes cookies, as I baked a whole load of them for Cabin Motivation

I stole your recipe before we got on the bus.  :awesome:

Cookies for Cabin #1 aka The OGs of Toogie events as well! :yay:

• Like 2

I will allow swapping of cabins, provided it is a trade and you found somebody willing to swap with you. I would want to keep them even at 10 people each. Also, part of the point for people signing up quickly was to get their names towards the top.

Oh. You can name your cabin, if want like a team name. Cabin #1 could be the early birds or something. 

Edited by Toogie53