Camp Wannalottaplat

30 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

We are filling up quick but there's still room for you. Go ahead and figure your games out. And you don't need approval for your games. If you think it works, then that's good enough for me. In my opinion, I think Kingdom Hearts does work. Like you said, on that first island you get stuff like, playing on the beach, building a raft with your buddies, long late night talks with a girl you're crushing on, etc. Sounds like stuff that I did during summer vacation growing up. 

Yay! Then let's see what I can get out in my backlog to play.

• Go Hiking - Demetrios
  • Put on a Show - Hatsune Miku Project Diva f
  • Tell a Ghost Story - Murdered: Soul Suspect
  • Get Tested - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
  • Be a Hermit - Eventide 2
  • BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - Kingdom Hearts II

That would make six games. I already started two of them, namely Hatsune Miku and KH Birth by Sleep. I'm confident in platting Project Diva, Demetrios and Eventide 2, so that I get to the 3 games required for this event. The other ones are challenges to myself. Murdered is pretty simple. BBS is more about wether or not I manage to finish 10 plats beforehand as I want to make this one a milestone. Same with KH2. But I want to at least finish one story playthrough of KH2 within this event

• Like 3

Here's my picks for Summer Camp...

S4687a4.png

Make Friends: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands

Started this game 2 weeks ago and been having a riot playing co-op with @Toogie53 when we get a chance. I hadn't played co-op since Left 4 Dead on my x360 5+ years ago and forgot how much fun it can be. Hope to get it buttoned up this summer. There are a ton of collectables but should be easily doable.

Sc2d69f.png  or  Sac3b87.png

Shoot Something: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition or Rise of the Tomb Raider

Not sure which one I will do yet. I am at the end boss on TR:DE but lost focus and stopped playing months back cause I realized I missed a Crew conversation or two (which would require another complete playthrough) Plan on going back and doing that just needed a break. On the other hand I have also been wanting to start on RotTR as it looks to be as good or better than the original.

Either one there will be a lot of arrows flying.

S359338.png

Hang out at the Lake : Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Officially its the oldest game on my profile and its time to put some hours into it. I think the plat is still obtainable so I will be working towards that. DLCs may get thrown in depending on how much Im enjoying the game. Game fits the water theme good as theres a trophy for swimming 1 nmi and lots of boating around on ships.

Bonus:

Sf37f6a.png

Summer Vacation: Night In The Woods

Being that the main character drops out of College at the start of the game Id say shes on a permanent Summer Vacation and Im looking forward to exploring what this game is all about. Should be an interesting trip from what little I have heard about this game.

Edited by donut_plz
  • Like 1

So I have some ideas for more than just three categories but for now I’ll just put the first three I know I want to do and if I finish those plus my bonus game maybe I’ll come back and fit in some stragglers.

but for now

Hang out at the lake: what is the ocean but the lake of the world? I think I could get some good summer sailing practice in Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas.

Go hiking: sounds like a call to adventure. I bet taking a little string boy out into nature to find what’s out there sounds like a great hike in Unravel.

Shoot something: Archery is an important skill for all campers. I’ll go get some practice in 10,000 B.C. with Far Cry Primal.

Bonus game: I mean the theme of this whole thing is summer camp. So for my summer vacation I might as well go to a summer camp, a psychic summer camp. I’m playing Psychonauts.

So that’s my for sure list. But if I run through that too fast I have some ideas from my backlog that can fit in some other categories.

Also how do I put that badge I got from you for Halloween in my signature? I’m real dumb when it comes to web stuff.

• Like 4

Man, I hate the outsides. I didn't want to go to this stupid camp... Kidding aside, with the additional month that you gave us, I shall be going for a full clear once again. Starting list is as follows:

L7a99f7.png 

Make Friends - Senran Kagura: Estival Versus

The game is comprised of multiple groups of kunoichi friends all fighting in a big tournament. Also, tons of beach-side fun in swimsuits.

L1a5925.png

Hang Out at the Lake - Riptide GP2

All the water activities mentioned in the intro are too tame; we need something with MORE ADRENALINE!

L2e8542.png

Play a Sport - 3 on 3 NHL Arcade

I don't care if it's completely the wrong season; it's one of the rare sports games I own that are able to be completed.

L3fa2bf.png

Go Hiking - Firewatch

Pretty straightforward; you are a park ranger and are hiking through the woods.

L441bda.png

Shoot Something - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

I feel that a cyber-bow still counts as a bow? (I almost wanted to put this as a joke in the friends challenge just for the ending song.)

La05aab.png

Make Something - Tearaway: Unfolded

This game is literally what a construction project at a summer camp could look like.

L50c47f.png

Learn Something - Assassin's Creed II (PS4)

Learning about a different culture IN an historical setting? Double clear

L7d0d20.png

Put On A Show - Get Up And Dance

I feel that on stage dancing could count as a good show.

Lb728bd.png

Tell A Ghost Story - Resident Evil 5

While not that scary, I actively despise horror games and movies, so I'll make due with this.

L067bc0.png

Get Tested - Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time

This game's second playthrough is labelled as Challenge Mode which was one of the requirements for this challenge.

Lb8753b.png

Be A Hermit - Deponia

Classic Adventure game with puzzles throughout. 

Lc40a1d.png

Survive - Minecraft (PS4)

One of the best and biggest open-world survival crafting games out there.

L727275.png

Bonus Category - Psychonauts

Yo Dawg, I heard you like camps. So we put a camp in your camp so you can camp while you camp.

Edited by ArtikSkarab
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Shoot Something - One of the good things about camp is you can do stuff that's kind of dangerous

30449370760_bb1a9e4c5a_b.jpg

Ugh, why didn't I plat this game for the event instead of months ago? xD:(

J/K, I don't think Ratchet can handle a bow. ;)

I'll see if I can find some games to fit this event for either this account or my new account.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

:yay: Camp

Alright here are my 3 for now

Make Friends 

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

I did Persona 5 for the Love event so I see no reason why I shouldn't tackle another huge RPG :P This game is obviously all abut making friends and relationships...well I don't actually know if this game does that but every other Kingdom Heart game I have played has been abut making friends so why not ^_^

Go Hiking

Flower

OK in fairness there is no "feet' in this game...but you are Wind going through pastures of flowers and forests? I think this should count

Make Something

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland

I will learn all abut gardening and farming from this game. Productive skills to know :)

Summer Vacation

Journey

What a vacation it will be :). I heard that it is still possible to 100% this game so I want to do that before it goes completely dead.

• Like 4

Oh, I love summer camp! Me and my buddy Squid Baron would go sneak into the summer camps at night and torment the girl campers with...

Okay, I'm just kidding. Squid Baron is a fictional character and I hated summer camp because when I was a kid, I went to this camp where they ended with this event called "The Great Escape" where we were treated as prisoners in a concentration camp and had to complete mini-games to escape. It was so traumatic. The ones I went to as a teen didn't really help me either. :(

But I would like to participate in this event, if you don't mind. I'll use this account because I want to try new games or work on games I loved but felt frustrated by as a means to motivate myself to try, try again. If you approve, I'll give my list ASAP.

*sees Kent10201 in the thread and backs away slowly :o*

Edited by SquidBaronet

I will, at the very least, make an oath to hit 75 platinums on this account

Will this let you tolerate me, Kent? I don't want to get into a debate on this thread but I do want to let you know that I did put a lot of time into this account and do plan on atoning for my behaviors. I'll take the 12-step Nintendo Switch Program to curing OCTS(Obsessive-Compulse Trophy Syndrome). That's all I will say on the subject.

Edited by CJ_Mystery