Camp Wannalottaplat

2 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

I doubt it was @Ethan that posted that gif, I am surprised he even recognises the word platinum it has been so long for him. Far more likely his cat. Although to be honest it is getting harder to tell the difference between them in party chat. I think even that cat is disgusted with the lack of plats.

@eigen-space, @AlchemistWer thanks for the Atelier info, much appreciated. One final questions (for now) is there a checklist or tracker in game of what has to be completed to achieve the endings you mention or do you have to just know. 

Your first time with Atelier? Np, let me explain a little bit more, if you don't understand something let me know here or if you want you can send me a message.

Atelier is all about character interaction and endings, forget about fight with big bosses or grind your level to 99 - no - If you want try for this event Atelier Firis or Lyde and Suelle keep in mind couple of point: First Lydie and Suelle is the last game inside Mystery trilogy, Atelier count with 3 trilogy on PS3 and PS4, Arland (Rorona, Totori and Meruru) , Dusk (Ayesha, Escha and Shallie) and finally Mystery (Sophie, Firis and Lydie and Suelle) how you can see Firis is the second game and Lydie and suelle the last one inside the Mystery trilogy. You can play both or just one without touch Sophie you only will lost information about characters because for example in Lydie and Suelle appear character from Firis (include Firis) and Sophie (include Sophie) and also Lydie and Suelle close some mini-plot in the previous games.

Now about your question... yes and no. Yes because in Lydie and Suelle for example you can see which ambition quest you finished and which you must finish but the quest will give you information but no how or where completed it, for example: Ambition quest 1: "Create something with a boom!" something with boom mean explotion, explotion mean bomb so go and make a bomb with alchemy. Also Lydie and Suelle count with a "board quest" you need do 50 or maybe less board quest but differents, but you don't know which you already completed at least you writte in your notebook or a piece of paper.

Endings: Keep in mind Lydie and Suelle just count with 5 endings, instead Rorona for example where you must see more than 9 endings! but 1 is genereic so you only need see 4, the good new is you can see all without do another playthrough or load different saves, if you reach each requirement you can see the ending but you don't have a option to see which ending you already saw or which requirement you already did because the game don't tell you, you can intuit it but without a guide with each step is a little bit hard if is your first time with Atelier.

I would like create a guide but my english how you can see is not the appropriate to do that, I don't know if now on gamefaq or another website already have the information about how do all in Lydie and Suelle without preocupation, I was one of the first in archivement the platinum (sixth) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Deadpool fits for the Extra Game Category? Can you explain why pls @Caju_94

IMO it fits. There is a late level with lots of carnival references. You start by buying a ticket, then riding a mine wagon. After that, you have some carnival mini-games you have to complete in order to progress. Not to mention that in other levels there are slot machines you have to use which are "carnivalesque".  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

IMO it fits. There is a late level with lots of carnival references. You start by buying a ticket, then riding a mine wagon. After that, you have some carnival mini-games you have to complete in order to progress. Not to mention that in other levels there are slot machines you have to use which are "carnivalesque".  

Cool. Thx for the info. Then i will choose this as Bonus Game :D

• Like 1

Hey all. Sorry for not doing updates on Saturday like I said. I've been rearranging furniture and cleaning up my place this weekend. I havent set my computer back up yet because I'm hoping to put it into a different room. So, I will do all of these updates at work tomorrow. 

• Like 1

@Dessane, regarding Danganronpa 1-2 Reload.... I can't really tell if it's something you'd like based on your profile lol. Just know that the game is pretty easy to speed run with a guide, so even if you don't like it, you won't suffer much (though I'm not actually sure I've met someone who dislikes the series). I'm pretty lukewarm toward it, though.... I came into it thinking it would be like the Zero Escape games (which are pretty much my favorite games) as they are typically mentioned with each other... but they're only sort of similar, so I was disappointed. Whereas the Zero Escape games actually make you think with their puzzles, Danganronpa tends to hold your hand the entire way through the puzzles-- it's very difficult to get the puzzles wrong if you have even a little bit of problem solving skills. The characters also tend to be very trope-y, but you do get some surprises every now and then... however, overall, it's a bit predictable when it's supposed to be a "mystery" game.

Also, know that 1-2 Reload is both the first and second game in the series, so you're essentially playing two full-length games for a single platinum. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Your first time with Atelier? Np, let me explain a little bit more, if you don't understand something let me know here or if you want you can send me a message.

I might send you a message, AlchemistWer. I have been interested in Atelier enough to try to buy a physical copy(but ended up spending my money elsewhere) and would have tried the games but most of the recent ones are $60 and I know Rorona has a deadline like Persona 3, 4 and 5 where you have to complete the game's main quest before the deadline or you get the bad ending and I didn't really like that. If you could send me a PM recommendation, I might considering putting one of those games into my list for the "Make Something" category because alchemy is just that and I need a juicy umami game because the ones on my list are mostly ones I could do in a day of non-stop gaming. :D

8 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

I might send you a message, AlchemistWer. I have been interested in Atelier enough to try to buy a physical copy(but ended up spending my money elsewhere) and would have tried the games but most of the recent ones are $60 and I know Rorona has a deadline like Persona 3, 4 and 5 where you have to complete the game's main quest before the deadline or you get the bad ending and I didn't really like that. If you could send me a PM recommendation, I might considering putting one of those games into my list for the "Make Something" category because alchemy is just that and I need a juicy umami game because the ones on my list are mostly ones I could do in a day of non-stop gaming. :D

If you don't like deadlines, you should stick to the Mysterious Trilogy on the PS4-- Sophie, Firis, and Lydie & Suelle. They all got rid of the time limits, apart from a very generous time limit for the beginning of the game in Firis. The Arland (Rorona, Totoria, Meruru) and Dusk (Ayesha, Escha & Logy, Shallie) all have very strict timelines, but imo it's what makes them better, in addition to the stories/characters being better overall in Arland... though I am thoroughly amused with Lydie & Suelle so far.

44 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

Haha sure, I will try to help you with that information, but like eigen-space said, the Mysterious trilogy is the best bet if you don't like deadline, but I think we can do something with the other games. ?

Actually, I want to state that I want to blame summer camp for my love of video games. When I was ten, back when that tiny primitive Macitonish computer was the biggest name is computer games and the NES was just becoming popular, I went(was forced) into summer camp and on day two they forced us to hike through the woods while it was raining and we wore rainbreakers. The guy behind me, a little perv who kept me up at night whispering dirty jokes to his bunkmate, actually dictated a walkthrough for Space Quest I for the Mac. I said I liked the story and he offered to ship me a floppy with a copy of the game. Turns out it was corrupted and couldn't be played on my school Mac. But that got me hooked and I started into computer gaming, which led to video gaming when my dad bought a NES for my little sister, who never touched it. I ended up loving Mario and Zelda and the rest is history.

So Hal, if you are out there working some dead-end job, know that you are to blame for me being an umemployed slob living off of Social Security and spending every waking minute of his life watching playing games and watching videos of games being played. :P

Just wanted to tell this little summer camp story because I know we all went to summer camp at some point.

Also, not as ambitious as all of you guys - wanted to update the list but the only idea I have is adding Oceanhorn for "Hang Out At The Lake/Sea" and I am NOT going to torture myself on catching that stupid Ghost Fish yet again. ??

I'd love to add Ni no Kuni 2 to the list as an excuse to finally crack it open and put it in the PS4 but I don't see what category would work for it.

Edited by SquidBaronet

7 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

Just wanted to tell this little summer camp story because I know we all went to summer camp at some point.

Also, not as ambitious as all of you guys - wanted to update the list but the only idea I have is adding Oceanhorn for "Hang Out At The Lake/Sea" and I am NOT going to torture myself on catching that stupid Ghost Fish yet again. ??

I'd love to add Ni no Kuni 2 to the list as an excuse to finally crack it open and put it in the PS4 but I don't see what category would work for it.

I never actually went to summer camp.  I grew up in the UK and summer camp wasn't really a thing.

As for Ni No Kuni 2, it could work as Make Friends or Go Hiking, as I imagine like the first game you are outside walking for a lot of the game.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I never actually went to summer camp.  I grew up in the UK and summer camp wasn't really a thing.

As for Ni No Kuni 2, it could work as Make Friends or Go Hiking, as I imagine like the first game you are outside walking for a lot of the game.

Well, your goal is to rally every kingdom in Ni no Kuni to form a peace alliance so you can get their aid to oust all those damn dirty rats that took over your kingdom so I guess I could put it in the Make Friends category. Okay, done deal. I'll put that on the list and get an updated list very soon.

(To Meso and Kent: I did make an error assuming everyone went to summer camp as a kid. I just assumed most people on the forums had been in summer camp as a kid. I apologize for that blatant error. :o)

It's pretty uncommon for people to have gone to camp where I live. I honestly can't think of anyone I know who has. I've just seen it depicted on TV and in the movies etc. I was a boy Scout so we went camping and stuff, but rarely for more than a week at a time and not with counselors etc. 

• Like 1

@SquidBaronet, Ni No Kuni 2 could be used for a lot of categories:
Make Friends, Hang Out At The Lake (lots of water levels, and you build boats), Go Hiking (lots of outdoors exploring), Shoot Something (Two of your characters are bow users and two are gun users), Make Something (lots of weapons/armor crafting and cooking in this game), Put On a Show (you have to collect songbooks that can be "performed", and there's also a scene where you are explicitly putting on a performance to get someone's attention), Be A Hermit (the skirmishes are a mini-game)

I'm basically doing summer camp now. Except I'm more of an instructor, and I get to boss kids around. It's pretty much the best job ever.

So, yeah. I know I've been recommending a lot of games lately, but I'd also like to throw Pic-a-Pix Color out there, which is something I began this weekend while having a family get together. It's not really a party game, but it's pretty hilarious to play with a group of people. The basic idea is you have a grid (anywhere from 5x5 to 20x20) and you have to color it in according to the numbers in each column or row. Doing it correctly makes a picture. The thing is, the picture is often terrible (in part, because it's so pixelated), so the hilarity comes in trying to figure out what you're making before you've solved the puzzle. It's just good, clean family fun.

Well, unless you're my sister, who thinks every drawing is a "fuckin' clown" or a "fuckin' duck." (She was actually right once.)

Oh, and I decided to make the following changes to my list. I already started the games in green, so those are "locked in." The only game I dropped is Abzu, so now I have 10 games with a platinum and three without, which is what I wanted. I also haven't decided between Nioh and Dark Souls Remastered. (The odds of me changing this list again is pretty high, so feel free to update my list now or not.)

CASSYLIST 2.0

• Make Friends - The Last Day of June
  • Hang out at the Lake - God of War (2018)
  • Play a Sport - Pyre
  • Go Hiking - Firewatch
  • Shoot Something - The Swords of Ditto
  • Make Something - Pic-a-Pix Color
  • Learn Something - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Put on a Show - Foul Play
  • Tell a Ghost Story - Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
  • Get Tested - Nioh OR Dark Souls Remastered
  • Be a Hermit - Mahjong
  • Survive - Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
  • BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cassylvania said:

So, yeah. I know I've been recommending a lot of games lately, but I'd also like to throw Pic-a-Pix Color out there, which is something I began this weekend while having a family get together. It's not really a party game, but it's pretty hilarious to play with a group of people. The basic idea is you have a grid (anywhere from 5x5 to 20x20) and you have to color it in according to the numbers in each column or row. Doing it correctly makes a picture. The thing is, the picture is often terrible (in part, because it's so pixelated), so the hilarity comes in trying to figure out what you're making before you've solved the puzzle. It's just good, clean family fun.

Well, unless you're my sister, who thinks every drawing is a "fuckin' clown" or a "fuckin' duck." (She was actually right once.)

CASSYLIST 2.0

• Make Friends - The Last Day of June
  • Hang out at the Lake - God of War (2018)
  • Play a Sport - Pyre
  • Go Hiking - Firewatch
  • Shoot Something - The Swords of Ditto
  • Make Something - Pic-a-Pix Color
  • Learn Something - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Put on a Show - Foul Play
  • Tell a Ghost Story - Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
  • Get Tested - Nioh OR Dark Souls Remastered
  • Be a Hermit - Mahjong
  • Survive - Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
  • BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition

I'm watching a stream of Pic-a-Pix as I type this and I want it so bad. I love games like this a lot so being able to have one with a platinum will be pretty cool. 

That's a really nice list. If you can't choose between Dark Souls and Nioh just do both and drop something else. xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kent said:

I'm watching a stream of Pic-a-Pix as I type this and I want it so bad. I love games like this a lot so being able to have one with a platinum will be pretty cool. 

That's a really nice list. If you can't choose between Dark Souls and Nioh just do both and drop something else. xD

It's surprisingly good. I think I got it for around $5 on the last sale, and it's at least worth that. There are 150 puzzles, and we were able to get through about 120 of them without a guide in about 6-8 hours.

I'm not particularly good at the game, but you can brute force some of the puzzles if you're having a tough time. The Mount Fuji puzzle, for example, is so awful that I couldn't even tell it was supposed to be a mountain by I was finished. I just kept having to try different combinations until the numbers worked out right.

I considered doing both Dark Souls and Nioh. I already own them both, so time would be the only thing holding me back. Maybe we'll see how far I get with the rest of these games...

I didn't expect to be three games in before June.

I didn't go to summer camp either.  I was in girl scouts, so I have been camping.  The trips I went on were only for a few days.

But progress wise I have almost two games ready to go for the 1st.  Surprisingly I am close to the plat in Tokyo Xanadu and may have it ready for the 1st..  Period Cube won't be an issue to have ready in time since I have just one route left and I can finish that one tonight and pop most of the remaining trophies.

Edited by ladynadiad

43 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I didn't go to summer camp either.  I was in girl scouts, so I have been camping.  The trips I went on were only for a few days.

But progress wise I have almost two games ready to go for the 1st.  Surprisingly I am close to the plat in Tokyo Xanadu and may have it ready for the 1st..  Period Cube won't be an issue to have ready in time since I have just one route left and I can finish that one tonight and pop most of the remaining trophies.

How is Period Cube?  I nearly bought it in the Golden Week sale, but decided to wait.

I never went to summer camp but I did go to bible camp once or twice as a kid. Honestly don't know why I did (not religious) but I do remember having fun making things and earning stickers to trade for prizes. I still have my stuffed white tiger I saved up for. :P 

• Like 2