Camp Wannalottaplat

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

How is Period Cube?  I nearly bought it in the Golden Week sale, but decided to wait.

It's got a decent enough concept, but really fails in implementing things well.  It's got some nice art and good music, but really most of the romances feel rushed and a lot just fails.  Also on top of that, two of the routes are just downright creepy.  Only three of the routes were actually decent and the romances just felt forced and rushed even in those.  In good news, it's short.

So my recommendation would be play Radius, Astrum and Hiroya's routes.  Libera and Demento's are up to your interest in the characters.  Both routes are pretty meh, but I didn't really like the characters.  The last two, just skip through them.  Once you finished the three that I mentioned, you'll probably get why I'm recommending to avoid the other two routes.

• Like 2

I went to a weekend camp in high school when I was a Freshman, and went to bible camp when I was I kid. Good times! I started Odin Sphere, and I'm lovin' it so far. I'm glad someone here recommended to play it for the Learn Something category.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@SquidBaronet, Ni No Kuni 2 could be used for a lot of categories:
Make Friends, Hang Out At The Lake (lots of water levels, and you build boats), Go Hiking (lots of outdoors exploring), Shoot Something (Two of your characters are bow users and two are gun users), Make Something (lots of weapons/armor crafting and cooking in this game), Put On a Show (you have to collect songbooks that can be "performed", and there's also a scene where you are explicitly putting on a performance to get someone's attention), Be A Hermit (the skirmishes are a mini-game)

Wow, that could be a lot of stuff! But I already put it in the Make Friends category. Thought about adding another game since the time limit is now three months instead of two but I don't want to overburden myself and end up half-@$$ing everything.

Planning on getting back into Disgaea 5 since there's now a legit speedrun strat for it utilizing Usalia, which is awesome as I really love her character a lot, and they showed on RPG Limit Break how you can get the Damage-o-Holic trophy easily which is nice because that was one of the two trophies that killed my interest for the game in my last account.

58 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

It's got a decent enough concept, but really fails in implementing things well.  It's got some nice art and good music, but really most of the romances feel rushed and a lot just fails.  Also on top of that, two of the routes are just downright creepy.  Only three of the routes were actually decent and the romances just felt forced and rushed even in those.  In good news, it's short.

So my recommendation would be play Radius, Astrum and Hiroya's routes.  Libera and Demento's are up to your interest in the characters.  Both routes are pretty meh, but I didn't really like the characters.  The last two, just skip through them.  Once you finished the three that I mentioned, you'll probably get why I'm recommending to avoid the other two routes.

Sounds a bit like Amnesia: Memories - I remember one route in particular that was really creepy.

4 hours ago, ItsMeZack16 said:

I've been working on the fallout 4 plat. It is actually quite boring... xD

I just been trying to get thru it and I dunno if I genuine don't like the style of the game anymore or what

But I get so bored and not interested and end up changing games 30 minutes in 

Edited by malachi1987

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Sounds a bit like Amnesia: Memories - I remember one route in particular that was really creepy.

Yeah, the game has a lot in common with Amnesia: Memories in fact, but Amnesia has better romances all around.  Radius is a bit like Ikki, Astrum is a bit like Kent and Hiroya is a bit like Shin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eigen-space said:

@Dessane, regarding Danganronpa 1-2 Reload.... I can't really tell if it's something you'd like based on your profile lol. Just know that the game is pretty easy to speed run with a guide, so even if you don't like it, you won't suffer much (though I'm not actually sure I've met someone who dislikes the series). I'm pretty lukewarm toward it, though.... I came into it thinking it would be like the Zero Escape games (which are pretty much my favorite games) as they are typically mentioned with each other... but they're only sort of similar, so I was disappointed. Whereas the Zero Escape games actually make you think with their puzzles, Danganronpa tends to hold your hand the entire way through the puzzles-- it's very difficult to get the puzzles wrong if you have even a little bit of problem solving skills. The characters also tend to be very trope-y, but you do get some surprises every now and then... however, overall, it's a bit predictable when it's supposed to be a "mystery" game.

Also, know that 1-2 Reload is both the first and second game in the series, so you're essentially playing two full-length games for a single platinum. 

Cheers for the rundown :) I'll probably end up getting it sometime soon but who knows with me :P

8 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I never actually went to summer camp.  I grew up in the UK and summer camp wasn't really a thing.

As for Ni No Kuni 2, it could work as Make Friends or Go Hiking, as I imagine like the first game you are outside walking for a lot of the game.

Yeah summer camp was not a thing where I grew up. We just went surfing every day instead. Much better in my opinion

• Like 1

Before @Toogie53 updates this, I want to change the ones I want to add, just in case (I don't think I would plat Fallout 4, I can't even finish the main scenario)

Lake: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (The game even starts with a Shipwreck, and you fish A LOT)

Sport: Disc Jam

Show: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (At the end of the game you must put a show in the festival, it's a stretch but...)

Get Tested: Dark Souls

Be a Hermit: Persona 5 (one of the social links is The Hermit)

Survive: Far Cry Primal

Is summer camp like they show in the movies where you stay at the camp all summer actually a thing? (Sorry, that sentence is a mess) I went to several "summer camps", but they were only ever a week long. I also did summer "day camps" where my mom dropped me off at a program/activity for an hour or two every day.

I always wanted to go away to camp for the whole summer.

I've always wondered what summer camp is actually like as well. Literally all my knowledge (or imaginary knowledge) on it comes from Adamm's Family Values xD

I don't think summer camps even exist in the UK? Or at least, no-one I've ever known has been to one. Pretty sure a lot of parents would like it if they existed, so they could get peace for a while :P

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Is summer camp like they show in the movies where you stay at the camp all summer actually a thing? (Sorry, that sentence is a mess) I went to several "summer camps", but they were only ever a week long. I also did summer "day camps" where my mom dropped me off at a program/activity for an hour or two every day.

I always wanted to go away to camp for the whole summer.

I think most range between two weeks or so. I did a few of those as a scout and even spent additional time after I volunteered to be a counselor after my two weeks were up once. That was a blast. I have done the day camp thing too and I hated those.

They do have summer camps in many places in the US still. One of my daughters did one in hawaii for military children, our next door neighbors were there too so she had a great time.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

I never went to summer camp but I did go to bible camp once or twice as a kid. Honestly don't know why I did (not religious) but I do remember having fun making things and earning stickers to trade for prizes. I still have my stuffed white tiger I saved up for. :P 

I too went to bible camp...a few times..my parents were religious. I am not anymore. 

We would sometimes go tent camping as family also. That was kinda fun.

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I too went to bible camp...a few times..my parents were religious. I am not anymore. 

We would sometimes go tent camping as family also. That was kinda fun.

I mostly went tent camping (or had a cottage rental) as a kid when I went with my younger cousins, uncles and my dad. Hate tent camping now but if there's a place to rent, I'm always down. I like to fish. For me, that's the best part! :) 

58 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

I mostly went tent camping (or had a cottage rental) as a kid when I went with my younger cousins, uncles and my dad. Hate tent camping now but if there's a place to rent, I'm always down. I like to fish. For me, that's the best part! :) 

I also love to fish. I still like the ruggednes of tent camping, but I now prefer a cabin or RV. My wife and I have already talked about selling our house when we retire, and permanently living in a RV so we can go anywhere we want!

Edited by ShogunCroCop

Well, it seems my little story sparked a lot of discussion over actual summer camps. My parents sent me to a few camps, including one run by YMCA, back when I was a kid. That was when I was an only child, before my sisters were born. :D

6 hours ago, felidraziken said:

Lake: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (The game even starts with a Shipwreck, and you fish A LOT)

You know, felidraziken, you've convinced me to give this game a go... and that means I am reformatting my Vita as the game is $10 cheaper on the PS Vita than it is on PS4. :P That game was the first game they ran at RPG Limit Break 2018. Link to the run video here. Run starts at 32:51 if the video link puts you at 0:00.

12 minutes ago, SquidBaronet said:

Well, it seems my little story sparked a lot of discussion over actual summer camps. My parents sent me to a few camps, including one run by YMCA, back when I was a kid. That was when I was an only child, before my sisters were born. :D

You know, felidraziken, you've convinced me to give this game a go... and that means I am reformatting my Vita as the game is $10 cheaper on the PS Vita than it is on PS4. :P That game was the first game they ran at RPG Limit Break 2018. Link to the run video here. Run starts at 32:51 if the video link puts you at 0:00.

IMO, Dana is better on PS4 because the added missions, but well, i recommend it in both consoles!

32 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I also love to fish. I still like th eurggednes of tent camping, but I now prefer a cabin or RV. My wife and I have already talked about selling our house when we retire, and permanently living in a RV so we can go anywhere we want!

Fishing is relaxing. I remember showing my dad up about 7 years ago when we went on a trip together. Good times. :D 

That's not a bad idea. Just remember your games and stuff and don't forget about us here! :P 

20 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Fishing is relaxing. I remember showing my dad up about 7 years ago when we went on a trip together. Good times. :D 

That's not a bad idea. Just remember your games and stuff and don't forget about us here! :P 

Well considering that is 20 years down the road, I don't think it'll be a problem ?

Also, while I enjoy fishing, I have actually never caught a fish a day in my life.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Well considering that is 20 years down the road, I don't think it'll be a problem 1f61b.png

Also, while I enjoy fishing, I have actually never caught a fish a day in my life.

Say what?! That blows my mind! Them fishes are mean to you. Next time you go fishing, you tell them I said get on the bloody hook! Lol.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 4:15 AM, Kristycism said:

Here's the icon and link to make your life easier (now that you've taught me how to link an image, wooo!! Thanks for that!) - I think you can just copy and paste it and the link will copy too? It worked when I copied and pasted from the master post to check:

Sb105e6.png

This did work. But I hate how all the KH games in the collections have the same logo, so I went and found their original logos and use that picture instead. 

2 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Well considering that is 20 years down the road, I don't think it'll be a problem 1f61b.png

I've been skunked a few times and not gotten a fish. However, I've also had fishing trips where we were reeling them in constantly. 

Edited by Toogie53

I think you will need to fix my list - you've linked the PS3 version of Naruto UNS 3 (PSNP ID 1863), but I will play the PS4 version (PSNP ID 6363) - I'd completed the PS3 version in 2014... ? (sorry for I haven't been clear when I'd posted my list... ?)