Camp Wannalottaplat

I feel like I need some serious help guys! >.< 

The other day, I spent hours writing down my backlog of games on PS3 and PS4. Low and behold, I have over 180 listed.. (crazy right?). Some I'm not even going to bother finishing because I don't care enough BUT I can never choose something to play. I'd start my event games, only each game I've chosen can easily be done in two days. SO, as I'm sitting here typing this out (and cooking because it's freaking humid today), I've been debating how and if I should make a forum post with my entire list of backlogged games I plan to finish. Any sort of input would reallllllllly help me at this point of no return. Or someone can ship me a clone to help. ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xMissFantasy said:

The other day, I spent hours writing down my backlog of games on PS3 and PS4. Low and behold, I have over 180 listed.. (crazy right?). Some I'm not even going to bother finishing because I don't care enough BUT I can never choose something to play. I'd start my event games, only each game I've chosen can easily be done in two days. SO, as I'm sitting here typing this out (and cooking because it's freaking humid today), I've been debating how and if I should make a forum post with my entire list of backlogged games I plan to finish. Any sort of input would reallllllllly help me at this point of no return. Or someone can ship me a clone to help. 1f602.png

That's intriguing, as my backlog is well over 30 games (granted, it's nowhere near 180). I buy games with the intention of playing them and then never get around to it. Maybe if you want to post your backlog games that you intend to finish, maybe you can make it a passive comp, much lie this, for others to list their backlog games, and maybe the ones who finish most in a certain amount of time (a month, week, etc), gets a badge or something.

I also know there are plenty of posts already in existence for whittling down backlogs. It might be beneficial to do a forum wide search for some of those posts. In the past, I have listed my backlog on the About Me portion of my profile, but I always lost track, so I wouldn't recommend that.

Of course, there are always better ideas out there, but these are the ones I personally have found to be most effective for me.

3 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

That's intriguing, as my backlog is well over 30 games (granted, it's nowhere near 180). I buy games with the intention of playing them and then never get around to it. Maybe if you want to post your backlog games that you intend to finish, maybe you can make it a passive comp, much lie this, for others to list their backlog games, and maybe the ones who finish most in a certain amount of time (a month, week, etc), gets a badge or something.

I also know there are plenty of posts already in existence for whittling down backlogs. It might be beneficial to do a forum wide search for some of those posts. In the past, I have listed my backlog on the About Me portion of my profile, but I always lost track, so I wouldn't recommend that.

Of course, there are always better ideas out there, but these are the ones I personally have found to be most effective for me.

I don't want to make it any kind of competition. I just need some kind of motivation to basically force me to get to these games and play and/or finish them. For example, I've been sitting here for over an hour debating if I want to start Darksiders or Lichdom while I get my boyfriend set up to help me with an online portion of a completely different game. Darksiders is roughly a 20-35 hour game while Lichdom can easily be 75-100; and that's only two of about 34 listed in one folder on my PS4 lol..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

The other day, I spent hours writing down my backlog of games on PS3 and PS4. Low and behold, I have over 180 listed.. (crazy right?). Some I'm not even going to bother finishing because I don't care enough BUT I can never choose something to play. I'd start my event games, only each game I've chosen can easily be done in two days. SO, as I'm sitting here typing this out (and cooking because it's freaking humid today), I've been debating how and if I should make a forum post with my entire list of backlogged games I plan to finish. Any sort of input would reallllllllly help me at this point of no return. Or someone can ship me a clone to help. 1f602.png

Start a thread like a few of us have to track backlog and progress. Id be happy to follow along and give you pokes to Git er Done! (and vice versa) ??

37 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

The other day, I spent hours writing down my backlog of games on PS3 and PS4. Low and behold, I have over 180 listed.. (crazy right?). Some I'm not even going to bother finishing because I don't care enough BUT I can never choose something to play. I'd start my event games, only each game I've chosen can easily be done in two days. SO, as I'm sitting here typing this out (and cooking because it's freaking humid today), I've been debating how and if I should make a forum post with my entire list of backlogged games I plan to finish. Any sort of input would reallllllllly help me at this point of no return. Or someone can ship me a clone to help. ?

Hey if there are multiple games that you need coop or mp, I'm sure someone will help out.

In any case, my backlog is currently 711 games...

But as @donut_plz mentioned, there is a checklist page on the site where you can keep track and get advice too.

Edited by Psy-Tychist

1 minute ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Hey if there are multiple games that you need coop or mp, I'm sure someone will help out.

In any case, my backlog is currently 711 games...

Holy hell dude >.> and I thought I was bad. :P That's my definition of insanity!

3 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

@donut_plz That's exactly what I'm attempting to do right now. 1f602.png Gonna take a LONG while for me though haha.

haha yeah I know, mine is much longer already since my last update. If you need help with anything too I dont mind helping where I can.

1 minute ago, donut_plz said:

haha yeah I know, mine is much longer already since my last update. If you need help with anything too I dont mind helping where I can.

Noted! And I'll do my best to help as well, with what ever knowledge I do know. Pretty sure we all wish that we never got our backlogs so huge. :P 

5 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Noted! And I'll do my best to help as well, with what ever knowledge I do know. Pretty sure we all wish that we never got our backlogs so huge. :P 

Ive tried changing the way I buy games now. No more impulse buying games because they are on a good sale. I buy games on sale(or not) now only if I will likely get to it within the next month. So far its helped somewhat anyways. :lol:

4 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Ive tried changing the way I buy games now. No more impulse buying games because they are on a good sale. I buy games on sale(or not) now only if I will likely get to it within the next month. So far its helped somewhat anyways. :lol:

As much self control as I do have, if I see something for a decent price, I grab it lol. Sometimes it's regrettable but for new games, I wait till there's a nice big price drop (unless it's one I know I'm getting my money's worth for). I don't get why we have to spend $90 on a new game up here though. It's ridiculous! 

Wow @Psy-Tychist that's a huge backlog :D for how many systems do you have that many games? Besides your number i'm happy i've got just 30 untouched PS4 games and very few more for PS3 and PC :D ...

@xMissFantasy there are many possibilities how to choose the next game if your unsure... maybe go for different letters of the alphabet...since i know of the Platinum A-Z Club 2.0 i chose some games to get an platinum A-Z list for combined PS3, PS4 and Vita... now i have a new and harder goal: an UR Plat A-Z List (i'm halfway through)...

For the future i chose rather easier games and i'll probably switch between titles already in my trophy log to play again and some new games on the trophy list for this UR A-Z collection :) ...

If you really can't make a decision, maybe choose to roll a dice, pick one game with closed eyes or use a random result generator? :D

3 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

As much self control as I do have, if I see something for a decent price, I grab it lol. Sometimes it's regrettable but for new games, I wait till there's a nice big price drop (unless it's one I know I'm getting my money's worth for). I don't get why we have to spend $90 on a new game up here though. It's ridiculous! 

It is ridiculous. I wont pay full price here either (with very few exceptions).

@Leon Castle Have you played all of the KH games before? Because if not I highly suggest you don't start with BBS. It'll spoil a bunch of storylines that are introduced in the other games. The recommended order is KH1>CoM>KH2>358/2>BBS>Coded>DDD>0.2 BBS>Back Cover. Also your list is really nice. You've got a lot of games that I've played and really enjoyed or really want to play. 

My backlog is over 200.......I know I have a problem. 

Edited by Kent
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

I don't want to make it any kind of competition. I just need some kind of motivation to basically force me to get to these games and play and/or finish them. For example, I've been sitting here for over an hour debating if I want to start Darksiders or Lichdom while I get my boyfriend set up to help me with an online portion of a completely different game. Darksiders is roughly a 20-35 hour game while Lichdom can easily be 75-100; and that's only two of about 34 listed in one folder on my PS4 lol..

Oh I see...I misunderstood...yeah the aforementioned tracking posts should help.

@Evil_Joker88 I posted on that page a while back but I find it wasn't helping much. So, I'm just making a backlog forum post because I feel like that will help. I have also flipped a coin and did number generator's before and that wasn't helping that much either lol. There are always a few games I want to play at once but I try to pick one and stick to it till it's finished or I need a fresh game to play.

1 hour ago, xMissFantasy said:

I know the feeling and it sucks :( I probably spend more time deciding between which of my 100's of games in the backlog I should play next than playing games themselves and then just end up messing on something like Rocket league for an hour instead and it can sometimes go weeks without even starting anything. It's a very bad habit I need to get myself out of and just actually play something.

Edited by Obscure_Ale

15 minutes ago, Obscure_Ale said:

I know the feeling and it sucks :( I probably spend more time deciding between which of my 100's of games in the backlog I should play next than playing games themselves and then just end up messing on something like Rocket league for an hour instead and it can sometimes go weeks without even starting anything. It's a very bad habit I need to get myself out of and just actually play something.

I do that too. Can't decide? Let's just play something I've already finished or jump on an MMO! Lol.

17 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

I do that too. Can't decide? Let's just play something I've already finished or jump on an MMO! Lol.

hah yeah! Nothing like sinking  100 or so hours into an online game whilst new games are building up on the shelf :D

@xMissFantasy, I've got ~150 games in my backlog between PS+ and random sales. I just list everything on my forum profile... I made a list like @donut_plz suggested once upon a time, but didn't keep up with it. 

There's also this event (I'm not participating but have thought about it) that casually depletes your backlog by having you not add games to your backlog until you complete multiple games. If things like this will deter you from getting new games, it could be worth it:

I've kept my backlog from growing by limiting buying games unless they're both 50% off and under $15 (unless it's a game that I'm pre-ordering because I REALLY want it). For narrowing my already-purchased games... I'll typically look at estimated time to complete and play 3-4 "short" games (10-20hrs) for every 1 "long" game. It's been helping me clear out many games.

I've found that events like this one are very helpful for making me pick something to play. Usually I'll get decision fatigue trying to make a choice, but events keep me honest with actually starting a game (usually don't have problems completing them). Though I'm highly motivated by self-competition :P

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kent said:

@Leon Castle Have you played all of the KH games before? Because if not I highly suggest you don't start with BBS. It'll spoil a bunch of storylines that are introduced in the other games. The recommended order is KH1>CoM>KH2>358/2>BBS>Coded>DDD>0.2 BBS>Back Cover. Also your list is really nice. You've got a lot of games that I've played and really enjoyed or really want to play. 

I did play KH2(PS2 Version) ,KH1(did not beat the PS2 Version but did beat the PS3 Version), Coded(Don`t remember where I was on that game), CoM(Have a Heartless... Gut... Thing boss in the way), DDD(Damn Time limit:shakefist:). Watched 358/2 Days and Re:Coded(Felt more like a Movie then a Game).

Thank you :)

35 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

That's why I broke mine up a bit. Mine is focused on what's already on my profile versus what I own and am not playing. My main motivation for starting these events was trying to motivate myself to revisit those games. Deciding on some kind of theme and forcing myself to pick games that fit the criteria is my primary way for getting cleaning it up. Honestly though, I'm pretty fast with this website's formating and navigating. If you want me to collect what's on your profile in the format I have on my post, I will do it and send it to you via PM. Then you can just copy and paste it somewhere else. 

@Wdjat Prinny Doods @Leon Castle @scarishbal @DocHolliday25 You guys are all in. Pick games if you haven't already. :)

• Like 1

@xMissFantasy maybe do the tracking thread and every week/2weeks/month or whatever pick 6 or so games and put up a poll to let the community pick for you.

I dread to think how big my backlog is, all i know is its somewhere between 100 and 1000. I'm always buying 5 or 6 games in sales and not starting them. Quite often I'll buy something in a sale then it'll come on ps+ 12 months down the line and I've still not played it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

If you write it down in the Trophy Checklist forum, it might be easy for everyone to see, poke, and prod you to finish your games. Having a list definitely helps you organize everything together. Always remember to play what you feel like and enjoy.

• Like 1