Camp Wannalottaplat

@VeritableLemon added Guardians of the Galaxy
@Mesopithecus Swapped in Reverie and added Blue Reflection.
@Yen-Pop added you to cabin #9
@Mapa added your games list and allowed the birthday party in cabin #8. Need to know which adventure time game you mean. I picked Finn & Jake Investigations at random. 
@ProfBambam55 added you to cabin #9
@HailHale81 added some games to your list .Need clarification on which version of Never Alone and Monkey Island. 
@Property_Damage added your game. #2 in world! Nice!!
@eigen-space updated your completions for two games
@DoctorDrPepper updated your completions for two games
@Sardavanua added you to cabin #9 Need to know which gal gun you mean. 
@Dragon-Archon updated your completion on one game
@Kristycism updated your completion on one game
@kingofbattle8174 updated your completion on one game
@Shana Alter swapped in Cyberdimension for Persona 5. 
@malachi1987 updated your completion on one game
@Jens updated your completion on one game
@Howling-Lady updated your completion on one game

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I intended Shoot Something for archery but plenty of people have picked shooters with no bows so you're fine to consider doing that. 

In that case, I'll probably use Far Cry 2 for that category. I need the extra motivation to go back to it. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Fidel said:

In that case, I'll probably use Far Cry 2 for that category. I need the extra motivation to go back to it. :lol:

No problem. Let me know when you make your official decision. I wasn't very clear in my original post about shoot something so I totally understand how others took it to mean not just archery. I ended up kind of taking advantage of this myself and put something with no bow there eventually too.

@Toogie53 Adding these, if they're acceptable: 

Sa4cbb4.png- Category: Make Friends. Game: One Piece: Unlimited World Red. This crew of pirates is pretty much always making new friends wherever they go. 

Sabfbe1.pngCategory: Hang out at the Lake. Game: Duck Dynasty PS4. Lake? Check. Boat racing? Check. Fishing? Check. Sanity? That one left long ago. :P

Sf2a2ef.png- Category: Play a Sport. Game: Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure. Pretty sure dodgeball is a sport. Could be wrong.

S3aae28.png- Category: Shoot Something. Game: Far Cry 2. Guns, guns, and more guns. 

Se25c7e.png- Category: Make Something. Game: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Pretty self explanatory. Build things with Legos. Lol. 

Sc57e47.png- Category: Learn Something. Game: Steins; Gate NA PS3. Learning about time travel. 

S6f5ee7.png- Category: Be a Hermit. Game: The Talos Principle. I know it's like Portal, which is a puzzle game. 

S45e67a.png- Category: Survive. Game: Escapists: The Walking Dead. Survive... or get eaten by zombies! D:

Just need to figure out something for Get Tested. 

19 hours ago, Kent said:

Cabin 4 is about quality, not quantity. :angel:

You were saying? :P

So @donut_plz and @kingofbattle8174 wanted to prove that Cabin #1 will crush all competitors? Well, I'll start my day 1 status report with 9 cleared games.

Get Up and Dance: :platinum:

Boy oh boy. This game is terrible at detecting/recognizing the Move controller. While easy, this is not a good game.

3 on 3 NHL Arcade: ?

Old-School hockey game that was fun to play even though is doesn't really have depth and the online trophies are require a lot of people/controllers.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus: :platinum:

Classic Musou style game with TITanic ASSets contributing to fanservice. While not that deep, it had a lot of different characters/fighting styles and was enjoyable all the way through. Also Plat #100 with the most appropriate name for this event. (How I Spent My Summer Vacation).

Riptide GP2: :platinum:

The biggest problem with this game is a weird difficulty spike at the beggining of the game, but once you buy better vehicles, it gets infinitely easier. (Also @Toogie53, you mispelled my name in the link for this game, so it couldn't track properly)

Minecraft (PS4): :platinum:

It had been a long time since I went back to Minecraft and it's still an amazing game. In terms of trophies, with the new creative glitch, it's really easy to get what you need to complete trophies.

Assassin's Creed II (PS4)::platinum:

Controversial opinion, I don't think this game aged that well. The clunky controls and IMO poor storytelling really puts this game as an old artifact of a bygone generations... At least the feathers are not that bad of a collectible. (looking at you AC:Unity)

Firewatch: ?

I had heard a lot of good things about this walking simulator and really liked it. Good characters, interesting dialog and a good mystery really helped the experience.

Resident Evil 5 (PS3): :platinum:

I don't care what others say; I think this is a really good game. While going away from the old dread atmosphere of the older games, it's still a fun action game.

Deponia: :platinum:

Not a bad adventure game, though it has a terrible end.

Still have 4 games to play through the event, but I might add a self-imposed challenge to myself depending of how fast I can clear the rest of my games. I'm a sucker for story and characters in my games, so I buy a lot of RPGs that look interesting, but never take the time to play them. So, in honor of the summer break, I want to clear 1 RPG as a bonus bonus challenge. Unfortunately, I don't know which one to do so I'd like suggestions for an RPG that have the following: 1. Good story/characters 2. No need for multiple full playthroughs (Multiple saves are okay). 3. Not ungodly difficult. Feel free to suggest games that are not on my profile; I may have them but just haven't touched them yet.

• Like 2

lmao... fair play @ArtikSkarab!! ??

6 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Resident Evil 5 (PS3): :platinum:

I don't care what others say; I think this is a really good game. While going away from the old dread atmosphere of the older games, it's still a fun action game.

I have to agree with you on this. I really enjoyed getting the 100% on this game back on my x360 and mean toplay it again at some point on my PS4.

Edited by donut_plz

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Feel like I've wandered into the Platinum Rain thread instead of Camp Wannalottaplat...

Right?! We have 20+ game completions added since last night. I'm going to try to get one or two of my own this weekend. I think it's pretty cool that people are getting so much done!

32 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Still have 4 games to play through the event, but I might add a self-imposed challenge to myself depending of how fast I can clear the rest of my games. I'm a sucker for story and characters in my games, so I buy a lot of RPGs that look interesting, but never take the time to play them. So, in honor of the summer break, I want to clear 1 RPG as a bonus bonus challenge. Unfortunately, I don't know which one to do so I'd like suggestions for an RPG that have the following: 1. Good story/characters 2. No need for multiple full playthroughs (Multiple saves are okay). 3. Not ungodly difficult. Feel free to suggest games that are not on my profile; I may have them but just haven't touched them yet.

If "RPG" for you includes JRPGs, these would meet your requirements:

On your profile:

Ni No Kuni

World of Final Fantasy (though the "good characters/story" part comes mainly through nostalgia, so if you're not an FF fan, might not be good to you)

Not on your profile:

Atelier Sophie (other Atelier titles require multiple playthrough but this one doesn't)

Ni No Kuni 2 (has post-game stuff, but a second playthrough isn't necessary)

Final Fantasy Type-0 (you do need a second playthrough, but neither take long)

Final Fantasy IX (you will need a speed run playthrough, but that takes maybe 5 hours)

Tales of Hearts

Edit--

Completely forgot to factor in the "bonus" category. Sophie, FFIX, Ni No Kuni, and Hearts are the only ones that I think would fit for the bonus.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

Just took a look through the old events. So far 373 games have been completed during them. Camp Wannalottaplat has the potential to overtake all of those combined! If everyone does even just half of what they put into their lists for this event we are looking at 310 completed!

Edited by Toogie53

One more platinum before I skip town for the weekend. My big show is finally done. Just Sing is completed and now I never want to hear the song happy birthday again for like at least a year.

current status:

Make Friends: Marvel Lego Super Heroes 21%

Hang out at the lake: Oceanhorn 0%

Play a sport: Tekken 7 (unless people wanna all do disc jam together) 0%

Go hiking: Unravel 7%

Shoot Something: Far Cry Primal 0%

Make Something: Tearaway 0%

Learn Something: Assassin’s Creed Syndicate 7%

Put in a show: Just Sing COMPLETED

Tell a ghost story: Dishonored 91%

Get tested: Alpha Protocol 76%

Be a hermit: Scene it 0%

Survive: Lost Sea COMPLETED

Bonus: Psychonauts COMPLETED

@Toogie53 hey if these work, I'd like to add them to my list.

Hang out at the lake - Sa1569d.png (Boating) - 31%

Make Friends - S564396.png (Teamwork; this ones a bit of a stretch I'll be honest) - 19%

Tell A Ghost Story - S0f0efa.png (missing people and what not) - 17%

Edited by willythom88
Copied images in wrong/ Forgot to include stats

Day 1 of Camp:

1369967887camp_aust.jpg

Well maybe not, but I couldn't find a camp New Zealand. :P

Morning Camp Activities:

• Explored the lush and exotic Totomi Island and saved it from a jealous ghost. ?? :blah:
    (Reverie: 0% ➡️ 100% :platinum:)

So yeah, I spent my first day of camp healing from tooth surgery where they cut open my jaw and put an implant in for a future crown. Heh, doesn't feel like a honking stable post for a fake tooth but Dr. Pinzon and her superior are the dentists, so what do I know? :P Anyways, I spent the last night before camp busily working on a game I don't have on the list - Disgaea 5. And I actually did much better than I did on my last account. :D

But I did promise to participate in the camp even if I don't like it, so I went with Tai to Totomi Island for his summer vacation with his grandparents... and ended up helping him put the spirits of four brothers to peace before they destroyed the island. xD

Surprise surprise, this Earthbound-like action adventure game was surprisingly fun to listen to and play and the trophies were not difficutl to get, but some are missable if you don't explore the island completely once you get the dungeon items. I got a snorkel to travel through water, a dart gun to shoot things, and even a pet rock which actually is necessary to get through puzzles requiring multiple pressure plates to be pressed.

What made this interesting was that I couldn't find a single walkthrough for the maps, so I had to go through the entire game blind. While I did have frustrating moments(like trying to find the third dungeon - turns out you have talk to a girl on the beach after you get the shovel but I didn't know that and was scouring the entire island for help), it was nice to do a game without looking up a guide. And for only $13 it's a great bargain and pretty much kid-friendly. The bonus dungeon is a gauntlet of all of the mini-bosses you fought in the dungeons in a series of rooms(I ended up fighting the hedgehog mini-boss from dungeon #1 six times!) and I had to try three times to get through it. All in all, it's a great game. ^_^

I will be working on one more game because I plan on completing Disgaea 5 and making it my 30th platinum.

(And yes, this is the Bonus Game. I promise I won't forget the other games!)

18 hours ago, Yen-Pop said:

S938c8c.pngMake Friends - World of Final Fantasy, since you have to capture (befriend) all of the mirages, champions, etc

Oh I promise you'll love this game. I'm not trading it for store credit for bad reasons - it's just that there is nothing left to do now (though if they release DLC trophies after I trade it in I will be sending in a hate squad xD); while some trophies do require a lot of grinding, the game was never a dull moment for me.

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 1

I feel like @ProfBambam55 is the Budnick from Salute Your Shorts as a middle-aged man. My gawd, what sort of messed up childhood did you have to suggest those games as camp activities?!? I know that this is just words on a page and not meant to be harmful, but summer camp for you was bullying kids, then having drugs and sex? Oh my lord, that is so disturbing. I am happy that Toogie doesn't discriminate because if this was my thread, you'd be banned from it ASAP.

If this guy is in my cabin I am going to hide in the woods for the entire camp session with the police on speed-dial. :(

15 hours ago, eigen-space said:

side notes : feel free to disallow me...and apologies, I was f**ked up when I was younger...can't change the past...to me, camp = $ex, drugs, and r 'n r...good times...this year hopefully I get to really let loose and...and...and...play some video games...yeah!...*fist pumps in dark, dingy basement......alone, of course*...go cabin #9!...

Okay, I retract my former statement, sorry. I know, my childhood was pretty f'ked up as well but I was totally clean, my parents kept me clean of drugs and pre-teenage sex, but they didn't encourage me in sports so I am really out of shape and they didn't teach me good nutrition so I am fat and have false teeth (partial dentures, mind you) at age 45 because most of my molars are gone now. But I was at least a good kid and I feel embarrassed that I avoided the bad stuff that you got corrupted by because I know some parents are far meaner and apathetic and drive their kids to do evil things. :(

Play what you want, I won't judge you on that, okay?

Edited by SquidBaronet

All my feelings after reading that post. I'm 99.99999% sure it was a joke and even if it wasn't who are you to tell someone you'd shun them just because they lived a tougher life than you. 

Image result for simpsons meme gifImage result for simpsons meme gifImage result for facepalm

Edited by Kent
  • Like 4

I've managed 1 trophy in arkham knight tonight and that's it. I thought I could fly through the different batmobile trophies but some of the courses are a lot harder than I expected.

I should've managed to plat Conan exiles but the person I added from a boosting thread didn't show any interest in spending 5 minutes on it.

If anyone here has the game and is willing to help me out tomorrow evening then let me know.

I'm off to Rome on Sunday with the family so I'll try and get as much done tomorrow after work as I can. Not that there's a rush really, I just want to get the easier/quicker stuff out of the way so I can get onto ff9 & 15 as early as possible.

Edited by wolverine123