Camp Wannalottaplat

8 hours ago, Fidel said:

S9f343c.pngGet Tested. This may not end well. Lol. But I wanted to try it, and my completion percentage is so high, it won't make a huge dent if I fail. Not being able to ever reach 100% is a blessing in disguise.

I added this one to my list too! We may both regret it, but we'll never know until we try, right?

I'm a little scared to start it though, dunno about you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malachi1987 said:

What categories could energy invasion and 36 fragments to midnight fit in? I might have the paitenance to finish them up here shortly

36 Fragments is all about Midnight trying to get the fragments to help those weird balls of fur so....Make Friends? Maybe...?

17 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

I added this one to my list too! We may both regret it, but we'll never know until we try, right?

I'm a little scared to start it though, dunno about you?

It does sound like quite the challenge. But yeah, won't know if we never try. 

And maybe a little. But it's not going to ruin my obtaining 100% completion, as that is already an unachievable goal for me. But it'll be a fun challenge, to see if I'm capable. I often throw a hard game on my list in KYC events. Sometimes succeed, sometimes don't. So I think I've gotten used to it. Lol.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jens said:

No clue if I'm hyped at all about Fallout 76 tho.

I've been hearing all about this game on the Youtube podcasts. The only other game that has the podcasts crazy doesn't have any troph y support. (Yep, it's Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee for the Switch. Lots of people are not excited as the wild encounters are treated like those in Pokemon GO but I am going to buy Let's Go Eevee when it comes out, regardless. Hell, just downloaded Mega Man Legacy Collection on my Switch, so why not since Gen 8 isn't coming until the holidays of 2019? :P)

Day 2 Morning Activities:

• Read the bulletin board, found out that people were committing murders and arson in the other cabins, and hid under his sheets and read fanfiction while wearing flame-repellent clothing. :stalker:

Just kidding, @Dragon-Archon. I love you all the same. :D

But seriously, I was busy...

disdone.png

Wdjat, be proud. ^_^

Finally got that Disgaea 5 plat and plan on earning the Grim Legends 3 plat for my 30th. I would put Dark City on the list but I would probably plat it the instant I announced it like that other guy, so I want to slow down. Also had a funky dream about Ni no Kuni 2's game play so I decided it's going to be today that I start playing that game, finally. :)

But I am going to add Old Man's Journey as Hang Out At the Lake because I decided to just get that game for my "O" title in my secret alphabet list. Easier than Oceanhorn, no doubt. (f'king Ghost Fish :angry:?)

2 hours ago, ItsMeZack16 said:

I am so close to the fallout 4 plat only really have the dreadful Benevolent Leader trophy left

I am actually REALLY glad that I already did it on my first playthrough way back. That was seriously annoying, because the help from this site (I think) didn't completely work for me and I still needed some luck to get there. But soldier through, it is nothing but patience :P 

Go Hiking:

L0024ed.png

RIME 22%
It's a walking sim where you walk around outdoors mostly and sometimes in ruins

Make Something:

L52dafd.png

TROPICO 5  default_platinum.png
You build a city mostly from scratch so I guess that would count as making something

Tell a Ghost Story:

L3baf76.png

AMNESIA COLLECTION 5%
A nice sp00ky game

BONUS CATEGORY:
L4e32e8.png

UNTIL DAWN: RUSH OF BLOOD  default_platinum.png
An on rain shooter where the first level takes place in an abandon circus and the game is really cirrus like

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Fidel said:

It does sound like quite the challenge. But yeah, won't know if we never try. 

And maybe a little. But it's not going to ruin my obtaining 100% completion, as that is already an unachievable goal for me. But it'll be a fun challenge, to see if I'm capable. I often throw a hard game on my list in KYC events. Sometimes succeed, sometimes don't. So I think I've gotten used to it. Lol.

Challenge aside, it does look like a good game though, very beautiful. In fact the look is why it's on my backlog, but challenges are also fun...sometimes xD

This is the first time I've participated in an event, so I figured I'd challenge myself, 'cause I'm like you, I like seeing if I'm capable. But uh...I'll wait until I've completed a few more games first.  Hey, maybe we should both start at roughly the same time, give each other encouragement on getting through it? I actually think it'll only be the speedruns and that one with no edge guard that might cause trouble, I'm sure getting through most of it will be fine :)

• Like 2

Update or day Activity or something:

Have almost the Gintama Plat, just need to do a lot of Kingpin battles and I have ordered Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match and Miracle Girls Festival and other game and Shakugan no Shana DVD/Blu-ray combo packs, which might be here sometime around the time I have Summer Vacation if i am lucky.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SquidBaronet said:

Oh I promise you'll love this game. I'm not trading it for store credit for bad reasons - it's just that there is nothing left to do now (though if they release DLC trophies after I trade it in I will be sending in a hate squad xD); while some trophies do require a lot of grinding, the game was never a dull moment for me.

I've really been loving it so far! I've been playing on my vita, so before now I was mostly playing it on my lunch break at work when I wasn't too hungry and/or exhausted to play (I work for a psychiatric hospital, and sometimes in a 14 hour shit I'll only get a one hour break ? ). I'm glad this event gave me more reason to give it a more solid shot and not play it just a few minutes at a time.

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

Challenge aside, it does look like a good game though, very beautiful. In fact the look is why it's on my backlog, but challenges are also fun...sometimes xD

This is the first time I've participated in an event, so I figured I'd challenge myself, 'cause I'm like you, I like seeing if I'm capable. But uh...I'll wait until I've completed a few more games first.  Hey, maybe we should both start at roughly the same time, give each other encouragement on getting through it? I actually think it'll only be the speedruns and that one with no edge guard that might cause trouble, I'm sure getting through most of it will be fine :)

Yeah, it does look good. 

And that sounds fine with me. I was likely going to play it later, too. I'd like to finish Get Even and The Last of Us Remastered, and secure those badges. :P But 11 weeks should be plenty of time to finish those, so I can always take a break. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I actually felt the same about Symphonia.  I think a lot of people liked it back when it came out because RPGs weren't as common on the Gamecube and it got a lot of people into the series.  But I've also noticed I tend to not like the most popular titles in the series.  My favorites in the series were Hearts, Eternia and Abyss.  I did enjoy Zestiria and have the 100% on the PC version.  I actually didn't care much for the other two fan favorites of Vesperia and Xillia.

7 hours ago, Fidel said:

I can say that is probably the case with me and Symphonia. It was an amazing Gamecube game. And Lloyd being voiced by Robin from Teen Titans didn't hurt my enjoying it. :lol: Abyss is my all-time favorite, though. And I didn't really think very highly of Xillia, either. But then Hearts didn't really grab me, and Vesperia was one of the few games I paid full price for and didn't regret it one bit. Lol. I never played Eternia since I got into the series late, and you can't buy them on PSN. 

I may have to revisit Abyss from what you guys are saying about it. I have it on PS2 and got about halfway through before losing interest. I got bored with it and there were no trophies to keep me going.

I didn't realize Xillia was a fan favorite. I only see people calling it mediocre. Why don't you guys like it? Xillia is tied for my second favorite with Graces, with Berseria being #1. I've played all that were NA released on PS3, 4, and Vita, excluding DotNW and including the little bit of Abyss.

Progress report. 

I have finished two main stories in the last two days. In Tokyo Xanadu, I completed the first playthrough, and now have to organize for number 2. I also finished the story for Yonder. Still need to do more side quests and crafting to get the 100%.

Tokyo Xanadu: 50%> 62%

Yonder: 63%> 72%

10 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I may have to revisit Abyss from what you guys are saying about it. I have it on PS2 and got about halfway through before losing interest. I got bored with it and there were no trophies to keep me going.

I didn't realize Xillia was a fan favorite. I only see people calling it mediocre. Why don't you guys like it? Xillia is tied for my second favorite with Graces, with Berseria being #1. I've played all that were NA released on PS3, 4, and Vita, excluding DotNW and including the little bit of Abyss.

I can't get into Xillia.  I've tried to get far enough to earn a trophy and am just put off by the actions taken to get the party together.  Jude basically acts like a complete idiot to justify him leaving with Milla and it doesn't make sense for what is shown of his character.  It was requiring too much suspension of disbelief to make it work and giving me little reason to give enough of a damn to do so.  I've seen Xillia often lauded as one of the best games in the series and it sold way better than some of the other games.

Now I admit, I've played mostly the older titles.   I got disillusioned not long after Vesperia came out because I got sick of the fans being blamed and getting denied localizations because we didn't support the series enough when often the games didn't do as well because Namco screws up and sets the games up for failure.  After Vesperia there was a serious drought of releases until Xillia and Graces came out and in the meantime I got seriously addicted to Legend of Heroes.  I have all the later Tales of releases, but have only gotten around to playing Zestiria and Hearts R.  At this point about the only games I haven't played at least some of are DotNW, Xillia 2, and Berseria.  Yeah, I've played all the older ones, even including some of the Japanese only ones. 

24 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I just didn't like the main cast. Jude seemed to be following Milla around like a lost puppy. Elize and Alvin started out good, but then she got all emo and he became branded as a backstabber.. Rowen was kinda creepy. And Leia was just your typical childhood friend, in love with the main character. Milla was the only one I genuinely liked. I find them all pretty similar in gameplay, so it just comes down to how much you like the story/characters, in my opinion. I found the sequel to be a huge improvement in these departments, by the way. 

5 hours ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

Sorry, not proud. Do better dood 

How about Atelier Firis and Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2? Just traded World of Final Fantasy for the first two games.

I don't care. I managed to overcome a personal demon and platinum a Disgaea game and actually won against Carnage Dark. I won't take all of the credit, credit goes to Green Z-Saber and his love for the game.

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I can't get into Xillia.  I've tried to get far enough to earn a trophy and am just put off by the actions taken to get the party together.  Jude basically acts like a complete idiot to justify him leaving with Milla and it doesn't make sense for what is shown of his character.  It was requiring too much suspension of disbelief to make it work and giving me little reason to give enough of a damn to do so.  I've seen Xillia often lauded as one of the best games in the series and it sold way better than some of the other games.

Now I admit, I've played mostly the older titles.   I got disillusioned not long after Vesperia came out because I got sick of the fans being blamed and getting denied localizations because we didn't support the series enough when often the games didn't do as well because Namco screws up and sets the games up for failure.  After Vesperia there was a serious drought of releases until Xillia and Graces came out and in the meantime I got seriously addicted to Legend of Heroes.  I have all the later Tales of releases, but have only gotten around to playing Zestiria and Hearts R.  At this point about the only games I haven't played at least some of are DotNW, Xillia 2, and Berseria.  Yeah, I've played all the older ones, even including some of the Japanese only ones. 

39 minutes ago, Fidel said:

I just didn't like the main cast. Jude seemed to be following Milla around like a lost puppy. Elize and Alvin started out good, but then she got all emo and he became branded as a backstabber.. Rowen was kinda creepy. And Leia was just your typical childhood friend, in love with the main character. Milla was the only one I genuinely liked. I find them all pretty similar in gameplay, so it just comes down to how much you like the story/characters, in my opinion. I found the sequel to be a huge improvement in these departments, by the way. 

Did you guys start with the Jude route or the Milla route? I started with Milla, and maybe that's why I wasn't so annoyed with Jude completely disregarding his "honor student" personality and following Milla around. I didn't think that Leia grew too much as a character until Xillia 2, so she was the only one I didn't like. I really do like Alvin's character, though... he was quite complex and it was fun for me to watch his story unfold.

Spoiler

Though I do still think it's bullshit how everyone forgave him so easily after betraying them on several occasions. All of that completely didn't make sense to me.

I really liked Xillia 2 for developing the characters more. And Ludger is super fun... I know he's not a mute, but it was interesting to think about him that way.

Ladynadiad, you really should play Berseria. Especially if you're one of the few that seem to enjoy Zestiria. Berseria is going to blow you away :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

If you unlock the platinum, the DLCs wouldnt be required for my event. You can actually use the same game in two events; once for platinum, once for 100%. 

Good to know, I’ll focus on the plat then and leave the dlcs for later.

@Toogie53 I may be late to the party (I've been very busy at work) but I completed 2 of my games wich are Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Go Hiking) such an awesome game, I will play this much more even thought I got the :platinum:. Also Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Get Tested) much more enjoyable than the others of the classic trilogy. I'll be playing Murdered: Soul Suspect as my Tell A Ghost Story choice ;)

• Like 2