Camp Wannalottaplat

2 hours ago, monkeydluffy512 said:

Hey @Toogie53

If there are any spaces left I'd like to join up please. I'll make a list if I can still join in.

You are in! I'd hate to not make room for you since you've done a few of these now.

3 hours ago, Koromaru said:

Have you a place for a nice lil fluff pal there?

Looks intresting with campfire; nice People and all the other chilling Things.

Yep. You can join!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Would there be room for a small one?  @Kent10201has been trying to get me to join one of these events for some time

Yep. You can join in. I've forum stalked you a little bit and think you'll be fun to have along. Welcome!

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

I'll join up for this one too.  Not sure on all of the games I'm picking, but definitely going to do Umineko When They Cry - Answer Arcs for the Tell a Ghost Story category.

Got it! Thanks for the link on that one.

1 hour ago, SquidBaronet said:

Oh, I love summer camp! Me and my buddy Squid Baron would go sneak into the summer camps at night and torment the girl campers with...

Okay, I'm just kidding. Squid Baron is a fictional character and I hated summer camp because when I was a kid, I went to this camp where they ended with this event called "The Great Escape" where we were treated as prisoners in a concentration camp and had to complete mini-games to escape. It was so traumatic. The ones I went to as a teen didn't really help me either. :(

But I would like to participate in this event, if you don't mind. I'll use this account because I want to try new games or work on games I loved but felt frustrated by as a means to motivate myself to try, try again. If you approve, I'll give my list ASAP.

*sees Kent10201 in the thread and backs away slowly :o*

I dont mind you joining at all. Put together your list. Probably best if you don't poke at Kent though. ?

1 hour ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Yeah I'm in a pretty good mood, ngl lol

Camp bully? I like it. @Toogie53, put a KH game on your list or I'm gonna tie you to a tree and replace the camp flag with your underwear :awesome:

Omg! Hahaha

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Cool idea!

If there's room in the Camp, I'd like to participate! I need to scan my list of purchased games to see what will qualify for the categories. Then I'll post my list.

Go for it! Welcome to camp!

18 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

I dunno, I just know that I need one D:

I don't even know if I qualify as one. I'm the kind of an adult that gets side-eyed a lot by real adults. Just yesterday at my daughters softball game people were looking at my like I was a freak because I was hitting a water bottle around with a bat and feeding dandelions to my dog and laughing at the look on her face as she slowly spit them out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I don't even know if I qualify as one. I'm the kind of an adult that gets side-eyed a lot by real adults. Just yesterday at my daughters softball game people were looking at my like I was a freak because I was hitting a water bottle around with a bat and feeding dandelions to my dog and laughing at the look on her face as she slowly spit them out.

That sounds hilarious though, who wouldn't do that?

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

You are in! I'd hate to not make room for you since you've done a few of these now.

Thank You,

Here is my list so far

Make friends: Mafia 3

Go Hiking: Far Cry Primal

Shoot Something: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Tell a ghost story: Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition Nightmare in North Point DLC

I'll figure out the bonus game later

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Hello! I decided to take off the cap on the number of players. So go ahead and make your list!

Xie xie", I'll reply instead",

Here's mine, I hope I did it correctly",

Make Friends - God Eater 2: Rage Burst - I got lot of friends playing this game online",

Make Something - The Last of Us - Crafting shiv for hidden attack",

BE A HERMIT - Castlevania: Lord of Shadow - This game actually had a lot of puzzles & my favorite is the Chess like game; Beat the opponent with more than 3 pieces remaining",

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Will there be a cut off time? Or will it just be June 1st is the cut off ?

Can't wait to start :D

I think this is the time frame, I re-read the 1st page",

WHEN: June 1, 2018 – Aug 19, 2018 (A month longer than normal!)

Ok I am declaring there have been to many shenanigans. Lets all settle down before I start handing out yellow cards.⚽️

And yes  Bully is am awesome game for this challenge. The free play is literally called summer vacation. And also there is the carnival. My only dread is beating those arcade games again. Some of them were a pain. 

It is impressive to see how quickly this event filled up. Be interesting to see what all the picks are. I dont think I can do all 13 this time. Kudos to those who do. I think I will for Halloween though. I have a almost solid list for then already. Got alot of horror games during the recent flash sale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Will there be a cut off time? Or will it just be June 1st is the cut off ?

Can't wait to start :D

Hmm.. I probably will cut it off a few days after we start.  Like after the first weekend.

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

It is impressive to see how quickly this event filled up. Be interesting to see what all the picks are. I dont think I can do all 13 this time. Kudos to those who do. I think I will for Halloween though. I have a almost solid list for then already. Got alot of horror games during the recent flash sale.

I know! That flash sale was what I was wishing would have come last Halloween. So many good ones in there.

Well, I think I'll be trying again with Tokyo Xanadu and will use that for the Make Friends category.  I would like to make it my 50th plat and I'm at 46 now, and probably will hit 47 very soon.  And as a tentative choice, I think I'll go with Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms for the Learn Something category.  Hakuoki is a historical VN and while it has some weird supernatural stuff in it that is obviously fake, the setting itself is historical so just by reading the story you can learn about culture and historical events around the time period it takes place in.

And I can give a suggestion if anyone else here is into VNs.  I'll be finishing the game before the event, but Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly is a great game for this event.  The game is about the characters losing their memories and having to regain them (among other things, but I don't want to spoil this one) and one very important memory for the main character involves a summer camp.  It actually could fit for a bunch of the categories and is a very enjoyable VN.  It's just a shame that there's no way in hell I'll be able to hold off on finishing it until June 1st because I'm enjoying it so much or else I'd have it on my list for sure.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Shana Alter said:

If able guess I will join I will put my list in a spoiler below just in case so don't have to make a 2nd post just to join also decided might as well cover as many catergories as I can as well

Reveal hidden contents

Make Friends:

Laa2c9b.png

Hang out at the Lake:

L3488c9.png

Play a Sport:

L598140.png

Go Hiking:

???

Shoot Something:

Ld1f75b.png

Make Something:

Lb8312e.png

Learn Something:

La84279.png

Put on a Show:

Le3b47d.png

Tell a Ghost Story:

Lbda419.png

Get Tested:

Lee2ba4.png

Be a Hermit:

L2e514a.png

Survive:

L38d876.png

BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation:

L2a77da.png

You can join! Welcome. I think your game choices fit nicely. I hope you enjoy being here!

Sorry it took so long to post this but I was trying too hard to look up stuff for the extra list when I didn't need to add a lot of games. Considering that one of my summer goal is to get through Polaris and Mirage in Wizard101 and finally break out of Khrysalis(I love the world but it is so long and there are too many story quests and gimmicky boss fights), I am not going to have as much time to play PS4 titles this summer so I don't want to end up burdening myself with games that don't count for the event. I will work on the Bonus Title, though. (And for some reason the post ate some of my pics even though I copied image location and not the image itself.)

The Actual Games that Count:

Me4ee55.png
Make Something: Dragon Quest Builders

Anyone who has played this game knows why this game is in this category, heck the main character is referred to as "The Builder!" While the consensus is that this game is a hybrid of Minecraft, I see it more of a Terraria clone because you can actually see your character. I'm going to use the same tactics as before, watching video guides to get through the challenges in each chapter.

M63fca0.png
Go Hiking: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Do I like playing it? Meh, not really. Did I enjoy the experience? Heck, yeah. The story about an entire populace vanishing into thin air and the creepy circumstances surrounding it and the light shows you see telling the stories of everyone who had lived there was decent. I am not sure if I can stand getting all of the trophies yet again, but I have a true video guide which can get me through it.

And "you are primarily outdoors on your feet?" Oh yeah, definitely. This fits the category perfectly. You are outdoors. Walking. A lot. SLOOOWLY. :P And there is a forest area, so it counts as hiking.

(I wanted to put this in the second list but I do not have a lot of games in my libraries which fit the category and would be enjoyable.)

M0378ce.png
????: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD

I have no idea what category this should go in, either Make Friends(because Sora and Riku becomes friends with the cast of The World Ends With You - I hope they return in KH3!) or Get Tested(because of the fact that the secret portals can be rage-inducing at times), needless to say this is probably my favorite Kingdom Hearts game despite everyone else hating it. I intend to platinum ONE Kingdom Hearts game before KH3 pops, and this game is one of my favorites. Toogie, any ideas where to put this?

Also, that's the reason the other two games are easy-peasy, because I need all of the f'king time I need to platinum a Kingdom Hearts game. 11 weeks is not enough for me, but I'll try. xD

Ma8d39d.png
Bonus Title: Lili: Child of Geos

The story is about a girl who travels to a remote island to study flowers. While she's doing it as a school project, I think traveling to a remote island and exploring it counts as something you'd do for a summer vacation.

Optional Games that don't Count:

M72739b.png
Tell a Ghost Story: Goosebumps The Game

Now I said that "fluff" games that I didn't really care about and are considered "quick and dirty" platinums were not going to be in this account, but it was either this game or Claire: Extended Cut(which I got form PS+) and I didn't feel any love for going through Nightmare Mode again after dying a couple of times. Also, feel like Claire is TOO spooky and R.L. Stein is a cult classic. (They even put his face in the game.) Honestly, if I was sure that Carole Douglas Nelson would give the green like JK Rowling gave EA, I would totally Kickstart a project to create a series of games(visual novel for the human characters, platformer for the main star) for her Midnight Louie series! ^_^

M2bf5d8.png
Hang Out at the Lake: Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas

Not thrilled I put this game in my sights AGAIN, as I have to deal with that f'king Ghost Fish AGAIN, but the fishing trophy and the fact you sail a boat from island to island fits the category so I put it in the "Plat if you can, don't sweat the details because it won't count" list. Don't get me wrong, this is a great game(and the music is made by FF vet Nobuo Uematsu!) but the fishing achievement is the only mud that is in the soup. If the Ghost Fish and Botfish didn't have as much stamina, I'd be fine with the game.

Mbb73ca.png
Be a Hermit: Grim Legends 3: The Dark City

I was reluctant about playing this title as there were some new scary trophies involving being perfect at a mini-game but I decided "I platinumed the last two games in this trilogy, I am in it for the long haul." Still, I'll grab a walkthrough on-line before I start this so I don't miss anything important and have to play the game seventeen times. :(

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 1