Camp Wannalottaplat

Day 3 Activities:

• Started building the kingdom of Evermore.
  • Took a ship to get away from the Kingdom Hearts God and hide out until the flames of darkness died down. :jaymon:

Be that as it may, I decided that the first three games I platinum for the event will be my quota, so my first category with a plat is the new one I added earlier, Hang Out At The Lake, or ocean more likely. Basically, just platted Old Man's Journey for my secret alphabet list. Yes, it's pretty easy except for one trophy which requires you to grab and drag parts of the scenery so the train you're riding doesn't have to stop, had to reset four times before I got it. But it's a very beautiful game, done in watercolor styles and logging the tale of an old sea dog who is going to visit his daughter. The only weird part of the whole thing is the part where he walks around underwater. It's very artistic and you will get 99% of the trophies without trying.

Also, Toogie, would you please return Ni no Kuni 2 back to Make Friends? I decided to revert it back after playing through the beginning. The whole goal of the game is, as Evan describes it, "to make a kingdom where everyone can live happily ever after" and you basically go around making alliances with other kingdoms. Between chapters he talks to this curious boy who tells him he'll make many new friends, so it fits better than what I had earlier. :)

Current Progress:

• Hang out at the Lake: Old Man's Journey (plat)
  • Get Tested: Teslagrad (7%)
  • Make Something: Atelier Firis and the Mysterious Book (not started)
  • Shoot Something: Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (not started)
  • Go Hiking: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (accidentally started by managed to delete the trophy list as it was 0%)
  • Survive: Dragon Quest Builders (not started yet)
  • Summer Vacation: Reverie (plat)
Edited by SquidBaronet

41 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Cabin #4 update - Not on my profile yet, but I platted Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

So are you yet another fan of it? Because I just bought it after several recommendations :P Just need to wait a while for it until its back in stock tho, but for 13 europemoney.... can't go too wrong I guess :D 

2 hours ago, Fidel said:

Just completed my second game. Platinum earned for Get Even. Just.. wow. The gameplay may leave a bit to be desired, but the story, atmosphere, and tension are all top notch. Except for in one stealth section, where a pop song starts randomly playing. :lol: So out of place, but I loved it. 

It was a little light on the supernatural stuff, though. Enemies mainly only consist of dudes with guns, or crazy people. But it was still scary enough to me. Especially since I didn't want to kill anyone for the good ending, so I almost never sprinted. A real nerve-wracking experience. And fuck those mannequins. :shakefist:

This one went quicker than I thought, so I'll likely be playing something between it and The Last of Us. Waiting for my stupid data cap to reset on the 8th, before I can download that monstrous file.. 

44 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Cabin #4 update - Not on my profile yet, but I platted Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

Congrats you guys.  Glad you're putting in all the work for Cabin #4 :giggle:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Jens - It's an amazing game with a great story. I highly recommend it. So I guess you'll have to play it now. :P

My real backlog starts to give me Grim Patron flashbacks ("Pile on". Hearthstone anyone? No? OK I'll never drop these zingers again), but that game just seems way too alright and for that price it kinda had to be purchased :P 

But probably after this event here. Its already a medium mountain to climb. What's your next target?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jens said:

My real backlog starts to give me Grim Patron flashbacks ("Pile on". Hearthstone anyone? No? OK I'll never drop these zingers again), but that game just seems way too alright and for that price it kinda had to be purchased :P 

But probably after this event here. Its already a medium mountain to climb. What's your next target?

Something super easy, like Oxenfree.

Not sure if this is still open but I might as well since I plan on doing most anyways.

Make Friends-Oxenfree

Hang out at the lake- Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero

Go Hiking- Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Vacation- Senran Kagura: PBS

Shoot something- Gal Gun 2

Learn Something- Future Unfolding

Tell a Ghost Story- Yesterday Origins

Get Tested- ICO

Put on a show- Sound Shapes (PS3)

Sorry I haven't been posting but I have been busily working away at Grand Kingdom (which will probably replace one of my games). I have been working on this game for so long that I just want to finish it already and get my G Ultra Rare :platinum:  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SquidBaronet said:

Hey, gotta keep your priorities straight. That's how people stay married. xD And I tried a crawfish boil once, not really got into the taste. I'm more of a crab boil type of guy. ;)

Off topic, anyone excited about E3? The press conferences start this Saturday. I'm excited for the Square-Enix conference next Monday.

Yeah it was my first time at a crawfish boil. Highly overrated for only being able to eat the tails. 

Also, on another topic, add another 100% for Cabin 2. I knocked out my last trophy in Battleship. Working on MLB The Show 18 now.

• Like 3

So glad by tuesday I can add another plat and go for the next game. Dunno if I can muster up the energy to finish collectibles on God of war for the plat or complete a diff game entirely. Oh the choices of having my best year for popping platinum easy or not 

So, since I don't seem to make progress in the game I wanted to finish before starting this event I had to turn around a few things, which changes my entries. I'm sorry about that @Toogie53, but I'm sure this will be the only change I will make for my list, so here are the games. I haven't earned a trophy yet in those games this month but I'm working on finishing Valley this week. After that I will breeze through some of these games and will probably be stuck at my tenth game for this event because of milestone stuff :D

• Make Friends - Kingdom Hearts I (newly added to the event)
  • Hang out at the Lake - Valley (newly added to the event)
  • Play a Sport - /
  • Go Hiking - Demetrios (stayed)
  • Shoot Something - Dishonored (newly added but probably won't make it)
  • Make Something - Deponia (newly added to the event)
  • Learn Something -  /
  • Put on a Show - Project Diva f (stayed)
  • Tell a Ghost Story - Murdered Soul Suspect (stayed)
  • Get Tested - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (stayed, though I won't make it to the plat but will play it along side the event)
  • Be a Hermit - Eventide 2 (stayed)
  • Survive - Danganronpa 1 2 Reload (newly added to the event)
  • BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - Kingdom Hearts II (stayed, but I won't make the plat in it)

So, 11 games in total, 5 newly added. But there are at least 3 games where I know I won't make it to the plat before the end of the event. Mainly because 2 of them will be reserved for milestones and one I'm not sure I even will finish because it isn't my cup of tea genre-wise. Nonetheless this is my list as it will stay and with this I officially arrived at the camp and am ready to have some fun.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jens said:

3c88e421.png

Well that wasn't worth the effort, but just deleting it would've made it even worse.

Lol. I havent seen it before but this is so true.

3 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

Not sure if this is still open but I might as well since I plan on doing most anyways.

Make Friends-Oxenfree

Hang out at the lake- Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero

Go Hiking- Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Vacation- Senran Kagura: PBS

Shoot something- Gal Gun 2

Learn Something- Future Unfolding

Tell a Ghost Story- Yesterday Origins

Get Tested- ICO

Put on a show- Sound Shapes (PS3)

Yeah, we are still open to new people for a few more days. Ill get you added soon.

Alright, so after my first full day being able to work on this, I haven't gotten a 100%, but I was able to get three games a bit more progress.  Just wanted to update my current stats for those games.

The Witness - 2% to 14%
Trine 3 - 19% to 34%
Yonder - My biggest jump, 7% to 26%

Alright, I'll update after my first platinum or 100%.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

Alright, so after my first full day being able to work on this, I haven't gotten a 100%, but I was able to get three games a bit more progress.  Just wanted to update my current stats for those games.

The Witness - 2% to 14%
Trine 3 - 19% to 34%
Yonder - My biggest jump, 7% to 26%

Alright, I'll update after my first platinum or 100%.

keepin' an eye out for my cabin mates here...well done willy, well done...88 is a great number too...