Camp Wannalottaplat

Day 4:

• Boy, is running a kingdom boring or what? Glad I am not the King. :P

Ni no Kuni 2: 16%

Spoiler

So I finally, after being distracted with Yooka-Laylee, got back into this game and into Chapter 4 and got tutored on how to run a Kingdom. And it is the most BORING thing ever. I put down my major facilities, did the first side-quest and entered the first Dreamer's Door... and man did I nearly get my @$$ kicked! This was because I was running around like a doofus looking for stairs down when I discovered I had to use the door I had come out of to descend! DUH!

As a result the Danger Level hit three-quarters of the way to Level 3 and I had to deal with a slightly buffed version of that golem boss I had to fight in Auld Wood, the one with the annoying spinning arm attack similar to Guard Armor in Kingdom Hearts. Had to burn a lot of soreaways to stay alive and spammed the Higgledies like mad.

Then I finally got some leeway and did a few sidequests, including one involving fighting a monster called Mortimer... turns out he was a f'king TAINTED SKELEPLASM! Level 13, my @$$, they buffed him to Level 23. So Evan died and I used all of my healing items to try to survive. I am way underleveled for these fights. Now I have another quest to fight a tainted Magmagoo that's actually Level 28. NO THANK YOU. :(

So now I am forced to AFK while waiting for my new spellcaster recruit, Li Li, to complete her research so I can learn the dang Bridge spell to get a stupid rose for this hag librarian. Ugh, Evan is probably wishing Aranella's dying wish was to be a farmer instead and not get involved in politics. ?xD

Edited by Stevieboy

8 hours ago, VeritableLemon said:

Oh man Cabin #8 we aren't doing too well right now. Only 1 game done.

We need to chill out with the pillow forts and start playing more ?

Let's get the ball rolling!

The old man journeyed and returned with a platinum trophy: 

S9a2443.png 44% -> 100%

I've also been making some puzzling progress

S76ec4b.png 0% -> 43%

@Toogie53 I just noticed that in the master post the link for my Pic-A-Pix is for the incorrect version, it should be this one (I'm playing it on the Vita). Thanks!

Edited by toofhairy

13 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I find it interesting that Cabin 7 has the most games to finish...

Slackers it seems we have at camp :P

But will y'll have the most by the end? I for one am adding as we go so if my cabin has same idea we might overtake that number 

Finished Danganronpa! I would have had it done yesterday, but the 999 coin limit made it so I had to do another quick playthrough of school mode in order to get enough coins to get all the presents. At the end, I ended up putting 30ish coins in and reloading the save if I got a repeat.

I was really surprised by how much I loved Danganronpa when I played the main game! The school mode got really repetitive since there was a lot of cut scenes and repetitive actions in order to get the new content through the dialogue. 

On 6/4/2018 at 3:19 PM, eigen-space said:

Weekend Updates!!!!

Basically just worked on Atelier Lydie & Suelle this weekend. Almost done with the story, and then on to some of the more grind-y parts, which honestly shouldn't be too bad.
It's been a little slow because I'm collaborating with another person on a guide for this game (wooooo!!!! @cjshaitan is going to have such an easy time after this guide is done)

I look forward to reading this guide, and will await it before starting. Thank you for doing it I am sure it will benefit alot of people.

On 6/3/2018 at 11:01 AM, ProfBambam55 said:

haha...i tried to bring some fun to the mix is all...my ego really dislikes being judged without reason...if anyone is bored feel free to read and at least judge me off the cole's notes of my life line below...

Very interesting read and thanks for sharing. It is a very inspiring story. I wonder how you see the similarities between the addiction in your early life and that of trophy hunting. Obviously you have learnt to deal with your addictive personality and I offer you alot of respect for that. I completely understand. To be honest I think an addictive personality helps alot in the competitive workplace especially if you are working for yourself in some capacity. I wonder though how do you deal with seeing the addiction in others, do you ever find it draws you back in, do you ignore it, or do you just forget about it. I ask because I feel it is the root of alot of my problems with trophy hunting and hunters. Perhaps I am projecting, after all one of the marks of a recovery is a desire to over extend to rectify the past right. I am genuinely interested in your thoughts feel free to reply here, ignore or private PM if you wish.

• Like 2

I got a question. Would Demon's souls fit into any category besides Get Tested and Go Hiking?

Just started it again just4fun and I might go for a quick plat there.

Was thinking about Be a hermit, cuz it's actually harder to find a NPC who's no hermit, than a "normal" person.

Maybe Hang out at the Lake aswell, but dunno if 5-2 counts as a lake, it's more like a poisonous hellhole.

Technically there's also Ash Lake 2.0.

Any opinions?

3 minutes ago, Sardavanua said:

I got a question. Would Demon's souls fit into any category besides Get Tested and Go Hiking?

Just started it again just4fun and I might go for a quick plat there.

Was thinking about Be a hermit, cuz it's actually harder to find a NPC who's no hermit, than a "normal" person.

Maybe Hang out at the Lake aswell, but dunno if 5-2 counts as a lake, it's more like a poisonous hellhole.

Technically there's also Ash Lake 2.0.

Any opinions?

IMO it also fits for the categories Survive, Learn Something, and Tell a Ghost Story. Survive because it's very easy to get killed and you lose the souls upon dying a second time and Learn Something because you uncover what happened to Boletaria. Tell a Ghost Story because it involves magic and demons. And you can play the game in soul mode, which is basically a ghost version.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

On 6/3/2018 at 0:53 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Hopefully, it gives us all pause for thought to be mindful how we treat each other, as we have no idea what goes on/has gone on in others lives behind the screen.

Very well said. It is so easy to say yet so hard to accept I feel. Women are always so much more wiser and objective than men. I think perhaps in hindsight investing time in a discourse with you would have proven very rewarding and enjoyable. ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, VeritableLemon said:

We need to chill out with the pillow forts and start playing more ?

Pillow forts were the only way to get me in the zone and I know how they can be re-purposed later!

giphy.gif

@Toogie53 I've platted Prey and Danganronpa, I see you and a few others going for The Witcher 3 as well, got any tips?!

• Like 2

On June 5, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

IMO it also fits for the categories Survive, Learn Something, and Tell a Ghost Story. Survive because it's very easy to get killed and you lose the souls upon dying a second time and Learn Something because you uncover what happened to Boletaria. Tell a Ghost Story because it involves magic and demons. And you can play the game in soul mode, which is basically a ghost version.

I like the idea of Learn Something. Thanks alot!

@Toogie53 I'd like to add Demon's Souls EU Version  25% - Category: Learn Something

Edited by Sardavanua

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

Very well said. It is so easy to say yet so hard to accept I feel. Women are always so much more wiser and objective than men. I think perhaps in hindsight investing time in a discourse with you would have proven very rewarding and enjoyable. 1f603.png

I'm not so sure about being wiser and objective, I've known plenty of irrational women - myself included at times :P  There is definitely a balance between being right and being kind.  I'm all for discourse though, as you say it's rewarding and you never know what you may learn

• Like 2

1L8a17d0.png

There we go, heavily prepared game #2 out of the way :P I mean who am I to tell you that Skyrim is actually pretty nice, shouldn't be all that surprising. I was pleasantly surprised that it shared so many little mechanics with Fallout and that made me feel right at home. These are the games where not getting distracted is absolutely impossible for me. I wanted to focus on the story, but ended up being a werewolf with a zombie exploding sword who murders grannies (..... evil ones tho!) and scouts through every dungeon.... just not the story related ones :D 

It just never got repetitive or dull for me, I always had a good time checking some forts or caves out, because every location had this handmade design to it which made it enjoyable even after 50+ locations. Of course some dungeons started to feel somewhat samey after such a long time, but still distinct enough. But to be honest.... the more I played the more I remembered how much I like Fallout. That's pretty much why I revived it for this event as well :P I will most likely go back to Skyrim, but for the event's sake I'll wait for it. I'm at least planning to do the Dragonborn DLC and the beefier sidequests, maybe even 100%.

Next up will be Psychonauts. And that will start the phase of this event which I'm actually more excited about: Really starting and completely experiencing games within the event :P Should be reasonably short(er) I think, but now its time for a break for about 2-3 days. I somehow wanted to do both of them as quickly as possible.

In that case, happy hunting fellow camp attendees and hun kaal zor!

Edited by Jens
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, fishy10101 said:

@Toogie53 I've platted Prey and Danganronpa, I see you and a few others going for The Witcher 3 as well, got any tips?!

Haha. I love the pillow man gif. I haven't actually started on The Witcher yet, so I don't have any helpful tips on it. The trophies I have are from when I borrowed it from a friend a long time ago. 

14 hours ago, VeritableLemon said:

We need to chill out with the pillow forts and start playing more 1f602.png

I have you know I been playing games and have almost the Gintama plat while the others on Cabin #8 have been Partying (not @Wdjat Prinny Doods he`s a lazy scrub :P)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Cabin #8.
Havent been partying, have been cleaning up the mess. 
But got some free time to get a :platinum:
Thanks @HailHale81 for helping me through it and making it less boring (by killing me on purpose) ?.

Tbh, I think they ruined this one, it was boring, glitched and took away so many features.

L1c6cb9.png

Edited by Mapa
  • Like 2

@Jens fixed the version and added your platinum. Nice job!
@monkeydluffy512 added both games for now. You can adjust later if you want to. 
@Dessane Fixed your link and added Pattapon
@toofhairy updated your plat. Grats!
@Kittet3 added your plat to cabin #2's prestigious collection that's way better than any of the other cabins!
@fishy10101 Updated your plats. Nice one to have! I need to get back to Prey.
@Sardavanua Added Demon's Souls. Good luck!
@Mapa updated your platinum. Cabin #8 is on a roll today. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 3