Camp Wannalottaplat

Wow, the bus to camp is jam-packed! Glad to see so many familiar faces and a lot of new faces as well this time. Thanks @Toogie53 for hosting another amazing event. It'll be so much fun, I can already tell. B)

Here is my list so far:

Hang out at the Lake - Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

vnNe0Dd.jpg

Go Hiking - Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

L09e2e0.png

Make Something - God of War

sUrzy30.jpg

Learn Something - Samurai Warrios: Spirit of Sanada

Le4d0c2.png

Tell a Ghost Story - Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery

JjlWaea.jpg

Get Tested - Deus Ex: Human Revolution

L39cfb9.png

Be a Hermit - Last Day of June

L575b85.png

Bonus Game - Nier: Automata

Ld87fc9.png

I'm going to add at least one more game, which will be Detroit: Become Human, but I don't know where to put it yet. :)

• Like 3

Hang out at the Lake - God of War

I didn't play THAT much so far, but more then 50% of it took place on a lake in a boat :P

Shoot Something - Skyrim

I pretty much start every encounter with bow and arrow, not to mention those damn dragons which never land on the ground.... :P 

Be a Hermit - Yakuza Kiwami

As I've heard this game is filled to the brim with side-activites and minigames.

Tell a Ghost Story - Until Dawn

Not so much supernatural (I think? :P ), but definitely spooky.

Get Tested - Bloodborne

Pretty obvious I guess... And just to make the task worse I try to do everything solo... I will die :D 

Survive - Fallout 4

I never completed it (just did my normal playthrough) and you maintain your own equipment and collect everything you find.

Learn Something - Nioh

All monster, weapons, equipment and so on are somewhat based on the real asian samurai era, so you kinda learn about it while playing.

BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation - Psychonauts

This game LITERALLY takes place in a summer camp for psychic people. So that's a given :D 

I don't think that I will complete every single game, but some of them are rather short and / or pretty well prepared. That's why I want to give me some options from the start, whatever I may feel like doing.

• Like 3

If it's all right, I think I'd join with these: 

Go Hiking- Assassin's Creed Rogue

The majority of the time you're running around outdoors in these games. :lol: 

Put on a Show- Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Seems like this'd work. 

Tell a Ghost Story- Get Even

Don't know a lot about this one, but it's supposedly a horror game. I assume there will be some supernatural stuff. 

BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation- The Last of Us Remastered

Let's just say there's some amusement park festivities in the DLC. 

I'll also go ahead and blame @Kent10201, even though he didn't try getting me to join. :P 

• Like 4

I'm gonna try to do one for every category if I can. So far my list is:

Sf7e6f6.png

Make Friends: Dragon Age: Origins

You assemble a team that could be considered friends depending on how you interact with them.

S6dca20.png

Hang Out at the Lake: Far Cry 5

This game has several large bodies of water, there are boats available for use, and you can fish in it.

Sa660c4.png

Play a Sport: MLB The Show 18

A classic summer sport and a game that has taken up a good portion of the last month for me.

Sc1510a.png

Go Hiking: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

From what I've seen of Ni no Kuni, most of it takes place outdoors. If anyone has played it and it doesn't fit for this category, let me know and I can change it.

S87e6a8.png

Shoot Something: Far Cry 4

Even though it's probably less effective than using guns, bows are probably my favorite weapon to use in the Far Cry games.

Sdca299.png

Make Something: Fallout 4

A big part of this game is crafting weapons, gear, and building things for settlements. 

Se5f7b6.png

Learn Something: God of War (PS3)

A game full of Greek gods and references to Greek mythology. I've also heard nothing but praise for the new God of War, so I want to play through the older games before I dive into the new one.

S4dd49f.png

Put on a Show: Yakuza 0

One of the only things I've heard about Yakuza 0 is it's wacky karaoke sections, so I have high expectations. 

S229268.png

Tell a Ghost Story: Beyond: Two Souls

I haven't played this one before, but I've heard that there are some kind of supernatural forces in it. 

Sbe5886.png

Get Tested: Demon's Souls

This is the predecessor to the Dark Souls series and one that I started a long time ago. I'm hoping to finish it before I play Dark Souls Remastered. 

S4cfc1c.png

Be a Hermit: Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts has several mini-games, specifically in the Tarzan section and the Hundred Acre Woods. 

Scfbc7c.png

Survive: Dead Rising

In Dead Rising, food and drink can be collected to restore health. You also have to constantly find weapons throughout the mall because weapons only have a certain number of uses.

S35f959.png

Bonus - Summer Vacation: Mass Effect

I feel like Mass Effect could be considered an intergalactic road trip, just on a spaceship instead of an RV.

• Like 4

@Surge3Beast Ni No Kuni is fine for "Hiking" cuz you run around the world a lot in the early part of the game and also mountains up and down :D... i stumbled over your description for God of War cuz i assumed the PS4 version and thought that isn't purely about greek mythology but then i saw the PS3 info so it's alright, my bad :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

It's UP!! I'm in!! (in case of having some space left)

I will subit my list later. 1f600.png

You will be added!

10 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

If there's still time and space to join, I'd like to. I'll add my list later.

Ill get you added too!

On 11/05/2018 at 11:21 PM, Toogie53 said:

@Kristycism I just looked at your profile. I think Bound would be very scary to commit to with such a high completion rate going. You've already done some games I've been scared to try myself though. I'm not really fussed about my completion percentage, but I am trying to avoid adding things I know I won't finish. I want to get everything on my profile to Rank A before piling on more. Although, I fail that constantly. Already Kent has me thinking about Kingdom Hearts instead of FFXV and I also want Friday the 13th just for the sake of it being a summer camp thing. I couldn't commit to a 100% profile, I'm too scatter-brained for it. 

Ohhhhhhh Kingdom Hearts is a good idea! Maybe I'll also do that with KH2, it's such a good game! I loved it on PS2!

You should swap too! Give some love for KH :D Would you do the 1 or 2? Or one of the side games?

Also a 100% profile isn't worth the stress, trust me! xD I'm a little obsessed with it, but it's just...not worth the effort really xD Especially when you decide to play games because they were free on PSPlus, decide you hate them, then need to play for days to get 100% anyway just because 100% and literally no other reason xD

Still, playing Bound during this event will give me two reasons to finish - the event, and 100%! Double motivation! Yay! :P

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 2

Ok i didn't have time before but now i confirm my participation for the event, I'm planning to play:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for the Go Hiking  category since you walk a LOT in this game, I'm already playing it but two playtroughts are needed, if I platted before the event I also have The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblvion

For Tell a Ghost Story I will play Murdered: Sould Suspect because... well you are ghost ?

For Shoot Something  I will play either Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory  or  Just Cause 2  but I have to check how much time I will spend on each

For  Survive  I could play Dante's Inferno,  I believe it fits the category very well.

Well I guess that's enought for the sign up, thouhgt I haven't found a properly Bonus Game ? I'll be cheking out to see if something I have can fit the category.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

That brings me to my major titles. For "Get Tested," I'm going to finally attempt Nioh.

If you need any help, hook me up. I suck tho, but just having another punching bag around already helps a LOT :P

But you played Dark Souls, so that's probably not news to you :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jens said:

If you need any help, hook me up. I suck tho, but just having another punching bag around already helps a LOT :P

But you played Dark Souls, so that's probably not news to you :D 

Thanks! My general rule of thumb with Souls (and Souls-like) games is to do everything solo, but I'll definitely take you up on that if I get stuck as bad as I did on DS3.

Continuing with my list, I've decided to tackle Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles for "Make Something." I think you make stuff. "Make Friends" is probably the easiest category to fill, but I'm having trouble deciding. Harvest Moon: Light of Hope is so tempting, since it's my favorite series and it's coming out at the end of the month, but I can't get over those graphics. I'm not usually one to complain about graphics -- especially since I just got done playing a HM game from the PS2 era -- but daaamn, did we really need it to look like a free mobile game? Persona 5 would be good too, but I'd kinda like to, you know, spend some of my summer outside.

I think I'm just going to go with Last Day of June. It doesn't get more literal than that.

And just to be completely sure because I never participated in any event over here: It doesn't matter how far I've played a game on my list, I just must not have the platinum in it, is this correct?

Because I'm starting to feel embarrassed about how far Skyrim already got. I'll even have to slow down, because so many things worked out so quickly, I didn't expect that to happen :D 

Edited by Jens

24 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Thanks! My general rule of thumb with Souls (and Souls-like) games is to do everything solo, but I'll definitely take you up on that if I get stuck as bad as I did on DS3.

Continuing with my list, I've decided to tackle Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles for "Make Something." I think you make stuff. "Make Friends" is probably the easiest category to fill, but I'm having trouble deciding. Harvest Moon: Light of Hope is so tempting, since it's my favorite series and it's coming out at the end of the month, but I can't get over those graphics. I'm not usually one to complain about graphics -- especially since I just got done playing a HM game from the PS2 era -- but daaamn, did we really need it to look like a free mobile game? Persona 5 would be good too, but I'd kinda like to, you know, spend some of my summer outside.

I think I'm just going to go with Last Day of June. It doesn't get more literal than that.

Yonder is a great choice, I picked it myself. I have played about an hours worth so far, amd it reminds me of Rune Factory but a very cool art style.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jens said:

And just to be completely sure because I never participated in any event over here: It doesn't matter how far I've played a game on my list, I just must not have the platinum in it, is this correct?

Because I'm starting too feel embarrassed about how far Skyrim already got. I'll even have to slow down, because so many things worked out so quickly, I didn't expect that to happen :D 

I don't think it matters. I had Arkham Knight on my Spring Fling list, and all I was missing from that was a few DLC trophies. They were just really...you know, hard.

Why am I having such a hard time finding a "Survive" game? Don't Starve is the obvious choice, but I've played the game, I've seen those trophies, and there's no way I'm putting up with RNG bullshit. Don't Starve Together has a much better trophy list, but it also has online play. Boo. Minecraft and Terraria are great, but I've finished them both. And I kinda want to avoid any zombie games because, well, that's all I ever play. SO MANY ZAMBIES.

6 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Yonder is a great choice, I picked it myself. I have played about an hours worth so far, amd it reminds me of Rune Factory but a very cool art style.

Yeah, I love the art style! It looks like a longer plat, and not having combat is going to be weird, but those are usually my favorite kind of games.

I've been doing a lot of research into games this weekend, and The Swords of Ditto looks really good too. I'm not sure where it'd fit in on this list, but I think I'm going to have to give it a spot somewhere. It looks like Rogue Legacy meets A Link to the Past, and you can't go wrong with that.

Edited by Cassylvania

2 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I don't think it matters. I had Arkham Knight on my Spring Fling list, and all I was missing from that was a few DLC trophies. They were just really...you know, hard.

Why am I having such a hard time finding a "Survive" game? Don't Starve is the obvious choice, but I've played the game, I've seen those trophies, and there's no way I'm putting up with RNG bullshit. Don't Starve Together has a much better trophy list, but it also has online play. Boo. Minecraft and Terraria are great, but I've finished them both. And I kinda want to avoid any zombie games because, well, that's all I ever play. SO MANY ZAMBIES.

Yeah, I love the art style! It looks like a longer plat, and not having combat is going to be weird, but those are usually my favorite kind of games.

I've been doing a lot of research into games this weekend, and The Swords of Ditto looks really good too. I'm not sure where it'd fit in on this list, but I think I'm going to have to give it a spot somewhere. It looks like Rogue Legacy meets A Link to the Past, and you can't go wrong with that.

Sword of Ditto does look interesting. I have had to cool down my purchasing lately though. But my wife said I can get rid of the Wii so maybe ill get a psn card with some the trade in. For survive, I was thinking Dont Bite me Bro. It is both hard and you grow food to get back your health. But it is more zombies lol.