Camp Wannalottaplat

5 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Sword of Ditto does look interesting. I have had to cool down my purchasing lately though. But my wife said I can get rid of the Wii so maybe ill get a psn card with some the trade in. For survive, I was thinking Dont Bite me Bro. It is both hard and you grow food to get back your health. But it is more zombies lol.

Do you think Yonder makes sense for "Survive"? It looks like you're shipwrecked on an island, which -- besides being my favorite plot for just about anything -- could be promising. That would allow me to put Pic-a-Pix Color (check it out -- it looks amazing) as my "Make Something," and The Swords of Ditto as my bonus game. I'd end up with 9 plats and four 100% titles, but whatever. I could always switch out Firewatch with Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, or any number of other walking sim games.

1 minute ago, Cassylvania said:

Do you think Yonder makes sense for "Survive"? It looks like you're shipwrecked on an island, which -- besides being my favorite plot for just about anything -- could be promising. That would allow me to put Pic-a-Pix Color (check it out -- it looks amazing) as my "Make Something," and The Swords of Ditto as my bonus game. I'd end up with 9 plats and four 100% titles, but whatever. I could always switch out Firewatch with Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, or any number of other walking sim games.

Well you do farm, and use what you grow as your currency. The game uses a barter system and no real money. So what you grow amd collect has a value and you trade in the value of what you have for what you need. Yes you are stranded on this island trying to return home. So yah I could see it in that category.

• Like 1

Let's make it official then! (This will take the place of my original post.)

Make Friends

spacer.pngL575b85.png

Hang out at the Lake

L0ac77d.png

Play a Sport

La82a5d.png

Go Hiking

L3fa2bf.png

Shoot Something

L88f3a6.png

Make Something

L4c45d4.png

Learn Something

L0091ff.png

Put on a Show

Le0a303.png

Tell a Ghost Story

La0ad69.png

Get Tested

Laa5e99.png

Be a Hermit

Ldde34f.png

Survive

L5304d0.png

BONUS CATEGORY: Summer Vacation

L635fbc.png

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

@Kent10201 talked me into joining, so might give this a try since the time frame is a month longer than usual. Here are my games:

Make Friends:

L6997ae.png

Demon Gaze II

Go Hiking:

L25922c.png

Adventures of Mana

Survive:

L0a4d4d.png

God Eater 2 Rage Burst

Hey Dragon is in :D

Enjoy Adventure of Mana. Fun game with only a mediocre grind at the end (some people complained but it is seriously nothing)

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Enjoy Adventure of Mana. Fun game with only a mediocre grind at the end (some people complained but it is seriously nothing)

Those people who complained must not have played a SquareEnix game with trophies or achievements previously then.  Pointless grinding is a staple of their trophy and achievement lists and Adventures of Mana isn't excessively long.  There are some SquareEnix games that have pointless grinding to the point of the grinding takes longer than it took to beat the game to begin with.

30 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Those people who complained must not have played a SquareEnix game with trophies or achievements previously then.  Pointless grinding is a staple of their trophy and achievement lists and Adventures of Mana isn't excessively long.  There are some SquareEnix games that have pointless grinding to the point of the grinding takes longer than it took to beat the game to begin with.

Yeah even when people complain about Treasure Hunter in FF13 (which is long) I roll my eyes and point to my Star Ocean 4 plat. After that plat games like Adventures of Mana seem quaint :P

Yeah even when people complain about Treasure Hunter in FF13 (which is long) I roll my eyes and point to my Star Ocean 4 plat. After that plat games like Adventures of Mana seem quaint :P

The main annoyance about Treasure Hunter is the sheer lack of ability to find what you are missing when it would have been so easy to include a list of found equipment in the datalog.  It's more frustrating to think you are done, then the trophy fails to pop because you are missing something and you have no idea what.  The grinding itself didn't bother me so much as having to repeat it again because I couldn't figure out what I had missed.

Final Fantasy III PC was definitely longer and more tedious (it requires maxing all jobs on all characters for the 100%), but at least with that one I could see my progress.  Lack of progress indication is only really tolerable for their 10,000 monster kill trophies/achievements since with those if the trophy or achievement doesn't pop, then go kill more monsters until it does.  Though again, that's more pointless grinding and game devs really need to get the clue that pointless grinding doesn't make for a good trophy list.

I just need a quick tip from some Fallout 4 players in here :P

I'm considering Far Harbor, because I played the game completely DLC free when it came out. But boy, is that an expensive chunk of DLC.... Would you recommend it still, or even the whole season pass, or neither? The rest of the season pass just sounds weird to me... but I could be wrong. It would at least give me more to go for other then bobble-heads and two fraction's endings.... :P 

4 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

The main annoyance about Treasure Hunter is the sheer lack of ability to find what you are missing when it would have been so easy to include a list of found equipment in the datalog.  It's more frustrating to think you are done, then the trophy fails to pop because you are missing something and you have no idea what.  The grinding itself didn't bother me so much as having to repeat it again because I couldn't figure out what I had missed.

Final Fantasy III PC was definitely longer and more tedious (it requires maxing all jobs on all characters for the 100%), but at least with that one I could see my progress.  Lack of progress indication is only really tolerable for their 10,000 monster kill trophies/achievements since with those if the trophy or achievement doesn't pop, then go kill more monsters until it does.  Though again, that's more pointless grinding and game devs really need to get the clue that pointless grinding doesn't make for a good trophy list.

I can never understand the logic of "get all of X in the game" and not include a list. I mean...why not? Even if the list is all ???? and they fill in as you get them that is at least something.

I actually did miss something on Treasure hunter but luckily it was very easy to find (I just missed one weapon going to level 3) but if it wasn't that easy I would have probably lost it :P I remember it clearly as I had rented the game and it was due back the next day and I didn't want to have to pay late charges on it for 1 trophy 

1 minute ago, Jens said:

I just need a quick tip from some Fallout 4 players in here :P

I'm considering Far Harbor, because I played the game completely DLC free when it came out. But boy, is that an expensive chunk of DLC.... Would you recommend it still, or even the whole season pass, or neither? The rest of the season pass just sounds weird to me... but I could be wrong. It would at least give me more to go for other then bobble-heads and two fraction's endings.... :P 

I'd recommend the season pass for a few reasons: ONE: if it goes on sale, you're technically getting it cheaper than buying all the DLC individually. TWO: Far Harbor was honestly boring to me. THREE: the workshop, automatron DLCs make the game a bit more fun than what's already in the main game. FOUR: Nuka Cola World was one of the most fun DLCs I've played. You're literally running around an amusement park and getting cool Nuka products unique to it. HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG?! :P 

• Like 1

I can never understand the logic of "get all of X in the game" and not include a list. I mean...why not? Even if the list is all ???? and they fill in as you get them that is at least something.

I don't either.  For the trophy or achievement to even exist there needs to be some form of counter in the game that keeps tabs on it and it doesn't take much more to make that visible to the player.  It's especially lazy when the game includes something that displays information about stuff you've found and it would just be a matter of adding another section to that.

But then, missable trophies that require a full playthrough to obtained the missed item rather than using a chapter select to replay the spot where you missed the item are poor design anyhow.

5 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I don't either.  For the trophy or achievement to even exist there needs to be some form of counter in the game that keeps tabs on it and it doesn't take much more to make that visible to the player.  It's especially lazy when the game includes something that displays information about stuff you've found and it would just be a matter of adding another section to that.

But then, missable trophies that require a full playthrough to obtained the missed item rather than using a chapter select to replay the spot where you missed the item are poor design anyhow.

I think the dumbest one I saw was in Borderlands. There is one DLC trophy that makes you collect a bunch of stuff but has no tracking. The thing is that game has d ofozens side quests that make you collect things and has a counter. So why couldn't they have made that trophy a side quest so you have a counter? I mean it was 3 panties, 5 fish in a bag, and 15 pizzas you had to pick up so you had to keep track of all them yourself. So stupid :(

5 hours ago, Jens said:

And just to be completely sure because I never participated in any event over here: It doesn't matter how far I've played a game on my list, I just must not have the platinum in it, is this correct?

Because I'm starting to feel embarrassed about how far Skyrim already got. I'll even have to slow down, because so many things worked out so quickly, I didn't expect that to happen :D 

Yeah just dont pop tbe plat or 100% outside of the timeframe or youre fired.

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Not sure if this is aloud in the event, but can we create our own cabins with other participants? @Toogie53 You wouldn't have to do anything extra. It's just for fun.

Not sure what you mean exactly. Can you give some detail? I get the concept of cabins, or teams, etc. Just not how you want to apply it.

Edited by Toogie53

So I've seen a lot of people putting games down for all categories. Is this just to kind of "overkill" it so that you can make sure you get at least 3 games even if you fall short on your entire list?
If that's the case, I'll put down a full 13 games even though I know I won't be able to get them all :)

---------------------------

L211fe7.png
Make Friends: Blue Reflection - This game has you make friends with classmates in order to provide additional support benefits in battle.

L0ac77d.png 

Hang out at the Lake: Abzu - The entire game is played under water. 'Nuff said. 

L5e9b45.png

Play a Sport: Final Fantasy X HD - Blitzball!!!!!!!!!!

Ldf8263.png

Go Hiking: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - From the looks of it, it seems that a majority of this game is played while walking outdoors.

Lb58afb.png

Shoot Something: The Unfinished Swan (Vita) - You walk around shooting everything with what is essentially a paintball gun. Disclaimer- I already have this game 100% on the PS4, but it's not an auto-pop title.

L89ab2a.png

Make Something: Atelier Lydie & Sulle - Making items, weapons, armor, etc via alchemy and synthesis is a key part of any Atelier game.

Valiant Hearts The Great War.jpg

Learn Something: Valiant Hearts - This game is inspired by love letters written during World War I. I'm guessing that it's bound to have at least a little bit of historical accuracy.

L938e3e.png

Put on a Show: Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection - The game involves putting together a music group and performing concerts.

Lf135bb.png

Tell a Ghost Story: Knock-Knock - A boy is trapped in a haunted house with real ghosts and needs to survive the night.

L744f54.png

Get Tested: Tales of Zestiria - This game requires you to beat the game on all difficulty levels. The hardest difficulties definitely test your knowledge of the game's mechanics. Disclaimer-- I'm only missing one DLC trophy for this. If anyone thinks that's not enough effort for this event, I'll find something else.

Lb3663b.png

Be a Hermit: Pillar - This entire game is a puzzle game with various "mini-game" puzzles to solve.

L531aec.png

Survive: Atelier Rorona - You are tasked with collecting various supplies in order to save your workshop. It can be food items, bombs, or just basic sundries. If you don't, you get a game over. I switched this up from my original post because I found a better game for the bonus game. 

L48082c.png

Bonus: Danganronpa 2 - The premise of this game is that Hope's Peak Academy's school mascot decides to take everyone to an island for a fun vacation! Little do they know that their fun will soon be disrupted...

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 3

@Kent10201, I'm pretty sure I can get almost everything in the time frame. The only ones I'm not sure about are FFX-HD (because of the chocobo mini-games... I'm not good at them), Valiant Hearts (don't know what to expect from this game), and Producing Perfection (another game that I'm not sure what to expect). Hopefully I can get them all though, and if not, I will have met at least the minimum ;) 

• Like 1

@eigen-space I believe people are just trying to challenge themselves and be ambitious. There's not any penalty to choosing eight games and then finishing three. In Spring Fling, a couple of people did manage every category. Many more exceeded the minimum. With an extra month in this one, I think we will have 4 or 5 hit every category. But I dont really do anything to glorify those that do it. They impress me, but there isn't like a prize etc.

For me personally, I usually make a pick for each category and consider those the games I'm working on for the next little while. I did that this time too; but I decided to only post four. Instead of having a big list without a lot of movement, I decided to add to it as I complete things.

As a side note, its faster for me to do updates if people stick to what they think they will play, instead of picking for every category. But I would rather people have fun thinking about their lists and coming up with games than worry about whether or not theyve added another minute to the time it takes to update percentages.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

My plan is to complete my four, and then use whatever time is left after that to clear out some of my backlog from games that fit the other categories I didn’t pick. Two birds with one stone.

Dang. Way more succinct and eloquent than I put it. But yeah, this is my exact plan.

Actually, the cabin idea is pretty cool. What I'm about to suggest is probably beyond the scope of what @Toogie53 wants to do for the event, but it might be something worth looking into next year. This could be something like Survivor or Total Drama Island, where participants are broken up into teams and they compete against each other for...whatever. I don't know exactly how it would work, but maybe each week (or every two weeks, or whatever works) would be an event -- say, water sports -- and each team could get points based on how many water-related games are completed within that time frame. Thus, it would be kinda like a friendly competition, and it would encourage teamwork.

Again... Just something to think about for future events.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

My plan is to complete my four, and then use whatever time is left after that to clear out some of my backlog from games that fit the other categories I didn’t pick. Two birds with one stone.

It seems Doctors think alike :)

For me I have 2 goals this year. Get to 80% completion and plat the Ultra Rare Alphabet. So I use events like this to accomplish those tasks :P