Camp Wannalottaplat

3 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

After thinking about it quite a bit over the weekend, I decided to blow up my original list of games completely even though it was my "final" list. I subbed to PS Now for the summer so that my kids could have all-you-can-play video games. However, there were five or six games that I started on it two years ago when I did a free trial. I've wanted them off my backlog for a long time and I don't want to stay subbed forever, so I am giving them the priority for now. I am a little bummed about changing though because I was genuinely excited to work on all the games from my previous list. Also, I have borrowed a couple of games and want to return them back asap so those have priority as well. Even if they didn't make my list, I still will be doing them on the side which means less time. 

Make Friends - Ghost Recon Wildlands (PS4) - I did the entirety of the campaign co-op. Also, the game involves a team of four that are friends in the military way. 

Hang Out at Lake - Riptide GP2 (PS4) - Racing on hydro jets or wave runners or jet skis or whatever you call them.

Play a Sport - A Way Out  (PS4) - There a bunch of mini games in it. The one that fits best is a trophy for hitting a homerun while playing baseball. 

Go Hiking - Proteus (PS3) - Literally nothing else to this game but walking around and exploring an island. 

Shoot Something - Borderlands (PS3) - I don't know anything about the story so I have to place this one here. Planning to co-op it with my daughter. 

Make Something - The Witcher 3 (PS4) - I borrowed this one. It will take me all summer, even if I prioritize it. Fits because you craft things to help hunt  monsters.

Learn Something - God of War (PS3) - Will learn a little about Greek mythology. 

Put on a Show - Blue Reflection (PS4) - Some of the social things revolve around planning something for a school event. It ends up being a production of The Little Mermaid. 

Tell a Ghost Story - Cat Quest  (PS4) - A bit of supernatural stuff happening here. There's some ghost stuff, summoning circles, spells, illusions, food that makes you kill people. 

Get Tested - Bioshock (PS4) - Only had challenge rooms left to do when this event started. 

Be a Hermit - SBCG4AP (PS3) - Strong Bad has a FunBox and you can take breaks from the story to play video games on it. Episodic so all 5 will need to be done. 

Survive - Bioshock (PS3) - I know its on my list already, but I have to do the full thing over again. It fits here because you pick up med kits, food, ammo etc. 

Summer Vacation - Jurassic Park (PS3) - A father takes his daughter to see dinosaurs before the park is open and shit happens. Not the same story as the movie. 

Not the same story as the movie, but an extension of it. You also get to find out the fate of Dennis Nedry and his Barbasol can full of embryos from the movie. The game is actually really fun

Just now, ShogunCroCop said:

Not the same story as the movie, but an extension of it. You also get to find out the fate of Dennis Nedry and his Barbasol can full of embryos from the movie. The game is actually really fun

I am liking it so far. I played through episode 1 already so I got to see the Nedry stuff. It's pretty interesting how they dance around the plot of the movie/book but in a way that they don't cross streams. 

Just now, Toogie53 said:

I am liking it so far. I played through episode 1 already so I got to see the Nedry stuff. It's pretty interesting how they dance around the plot of the movie/book but in a way that they don't cross streams. 

Yeah it is interesting. I am not sure if it is considered official canon as stuff that happened between the first and second movies/books, but regardless, it is a fascinating plotline.

2 hours ago, donut_plz said:

someone say CAKE... :ninja:

Yes. I did :P 

1 hour ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I did have fun!

Yeah I am definitely planning on enjoying my weekend...and cake would be amazing! Sharing with the cabin is a must! :)

On your different note, enjoy the bridge time between jobs. Perfect time to get a lot of gaming in.

Yay! :D 

I like baking! :) What kind would you like?! I'll even accommodate the whole cabin! Cupcakes included. ;) 

Oh I will try my best. Just not 100% on what games I want to play and/or add to the event while there is still seven weeks left lol.

7 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Yes. I did :P 

Yay! :D 

I like baking! :) What kind would you like?! I'll even accommodate the whole cabin! Cupcakes included. ;) 

Oh I will try my best. Just not 100% on what games I want to play and/or add to the event while there is still seven weeks left lol.

Just a simple chocolate cake. I am not difficult to please :) Yay cupcakes!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Finally got my first platinum for this from MeiQ, which I used as my 25,000th trophy. Now to see which of my games I'll do next. I have DJMax Respect saved for Plat #500, but aside from that, my other two games are games I can do whenever.

I was wondering what you were staging for. You've been so close on a few of your games for a while. 

Ok! Updates for all cabins have been done today. Give me a little bit to double check the thread and look for game changes or anything, but if you still see an issue 15-30 from now please speak up. As a note, I dropped someone from cabin #3. They made their trophies private and haven't responded to a PM from me for roughly two weeks. I'm making the assumption, they changed their mind and are being a chicken about saying so. For future reference, I have no problems if you decide to bow out. Please just give me the courtesy of saying so. That way I don't have to wonder or feel like a jerk when I finally do pull the trigger and remove you. I don't need you to explain, unless you want to. Life happens. I know things can change. I have zero problem with taking you off the event list, reducing your game list, or whatever. I won't hold it against you. You will be welcomed back if things change again or you want in on a future event. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Ok! Updates for all cabins have been done today. Give me a little bit to double check the thread and look for game changes or anything, but if you still see an issue 15-30 from now please speak up. As a note, I dropped someone from cabin #3. They made their trophies private and haven't responded to a PM from me for roughly two weeks. I'm making the assumption, they changed their mind and are being a chicken about saying so. For future reference, I have no problems if you decide to bow out. Please just give me the courtesy of saying so. That way I don't have to wonder or feel like a jerk when I finally do pull the trigger and remove you. I don't need you to explain, unless you want to. Life happens. I know things can change. I have zero problem with taking you off the event list, reducing your game list, or whatever. I won't hold it against you. You will be welcomed back if things change again or you want in on a future event. 

This is only great news for us winners here in cabin 3. Because this means our total mean percentage of completion goes up.

CABIN 3!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

This is only great news for us winners here in cabin 3. Because this means our total mean percentage of completion goes up.

CABIN 3!!!

This is true. But, I don't think it will mean much in the long run. Many people stated they were picking for all categories just for fun or if they theoretically have enough time. There's no penalty for shuffling your list of games around. Therefore, I expect a lot of games to be dropped towards the end of the event and it will up a lot of percentages. I'm really excited to see how the last two weeks or so of the event plays out. I expect it to be kind of dramatic and any cabin might be the actual victor. In the end, I think # of games completed will more clearly define the difference between cabins than percentages. That's why I was leaning more towards 10 people per cabin, so that there wasn't a cabin with like 14 people that has an advantage over a cabin with 10. If you think about it that way,  this is actually hamstringing your cabin and detracting from what was possible. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

On June 24, 2018 at 11:31 PM, Br1ste said:

Chalk two more up for Cabin 7! I got the Plat for The Banner Saga late last night, my 50th overall, and then Pic-a-Pix this afternoon! Next up Fe!

Congrats on those two!

Do you mind a few question about The Banner Saga? It's on my list aswell.

I've played trough the game on PC already so I know my way around, but can't figure out what trophies I should combine with the 2 difficulties.

1. On what difficulty should I attempt Beat the Odds (Egil survives)? Also does his survival negate Innocent (Allete's pacifism)?

2. What difficulty for High Spirits, Quartermaster, Forced March and Warmonger?

Some of them cancel out each other so I don't want to mess up and have to play trough it 3+ times.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Hurry up and start Ys VIII.

Lol, that damn Ni No Kuni keeps dragging me in. I have Ys ready to go, this week for sure .......?

Also thanks to @eigen-space and others (sorry) I don't know you peoples, that put together the trophy guide for Ni No Kuni 2, it is really good for getting those last few pesky citizens. 

3 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

This is true. But, I don't think it will mean much in the long run. Many people stated they were picking for all categories just for fun or if they theoretically have enough time. There's no penalty for shuffling your list of games around. Therefore, I expect a lot of games to be dropped towards the end of the event and it will up a lot of percentages. I'm really excited to see how the last two weeks or so of the event plays out. I expect it to be kind of dramatic and any cabin might be the actual victor. In the end, I think # of games completed will more clearly define the difference between cabins than percentages. That's why I was leaning more towards 10 people per cabin, so that there wasn't a cabin with like 14 people that has an advantage over a cabin with 10. If you think about it that way,  this is actually hamstringing your cabin and detracting from what was possible. 

Wow what sneaky people going to remove games to up their percentages. I fully intend to maintain my list and go down with the ship. I hope you all know how to swim cabin 5 ?

Edited by cjshaitan

3 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Wow what sneaky people going to remove games to up their percentages. I fully intend to maintain my list and go down with the ship. I hope you all know how to swim cabin 5 ?

Same here. Why should I remove the games? Doesn´t matter if you finish the Event with the badge :P 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

After thinking about it quite a bit over the weekend, I decided to blow up my original list of games completely even though it was my "final" list. I subbed to PS Now for the summer so that my kids could have all-you-can-play video games. However, there were five or six games that I started on it two years ago when I did a free trial. I've wanted them off my backlog for a long time and I don't want to stay subbed forever, so I am giving them the priority for now. I am a little bummed about changing though because I was genuinely excited to work on all the games from my previous list. Also, I have borrowed a couple of games and want to return them back asap so those have priority as well. Even if they didn't make my list, I still will be doing them on the side which means less time. 

Make Friends - Ghost Recon Wildlands (PS4) - I did the entirety of the campaign co-op. Also, the game involves a team of four that are friends in the military way. 

Hang Out at Lake - Riptide GP2 (PS4) - Racing on hydro jets or wave runners or jet skis or whatever you call them.

Play a Sport - A Way Out  (PS4) - There a bunch of mini games in it. The one that fits best is a trophy for hitting a homerun while playing baseball. 

Go Hiking - Proteus (PS3) - Literally nothing else to this game but walking around and exploring an island. 

Shoot Something - Borderlands (PS3) - I don't know anything about the story so I have to place this one here. Planning to co-op it with my daughter. 

Make Something - The Witcher 3 (PS4) - I borrowed this one. It will take me all summer, even if I prioritize it. Fits because you craft things to help hunt monsters.

Learn Something - God of War (PS3) - Will learn a little about Greek mythology. 

Put on a Show - Blue Reflection (PS4) - There's a lot of stuff here. For the main character there is ballet and acting. 

Tell a Ghost Story - Cat Quest  (PS4) - A bit of supernatural stuff happening here. There's some ghost stuff, summoning circles, spells, illusions, food that makes you kill people. 

Get Tested - Bioshock (PS4) - Only had challenge rooms left to do when this event started. 

Be a Hermit - SBCG4AP (PS3) - Strong Bad has a FunBox and you can take breaks from the story to play video games on it. Episodic so all 5 will need to be done. 

Survive - Bioshock (PS3) - I know its on my list already, but I have to do the full thing over again. It fits here because you pick up med kits, food, ammo etc. 

Summer Vacation - Jurassic Park (PS3) - A father takes his daughter to see dinosaurs before the park is open and shit happens. Episodic, 4 will need to be done.  

I'll update Cabins 1-5 while I work on swapping my list around on the main post. So that will happen very shortly. 

You forgot to add Kingdom Hearts to the list :ninja: .

4 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Finally finished up Atelier Rorona for my 50th Platinum!!!! Wooooooo!!!!!! And my completion is also temporarily at 92%+! 

And just 3 more games left for this event in total. I think I want to take a short break from Atelier, so I'm going to probably work on Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection next rather than continue with Atelier Lydie and Suelle. I want to save Danganronpa 2 for a weekend as I think I might be able to get on the fastest achievers board for that one.

Nice, congrats :yay: .

3 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Lol, that damn Ni No Kuni keeps dragging me in. I have Ys ready to go, this week for sure .......?

Just drop NNK, it's time is up and get ready to take a vacation on a tropical island with its clear, blue sea, white beaches, and BBQ parties :awesome: .

• Like 1

I tried to resist the temptation, but I think I'll add Owlboy to my list. The double dip of playing a shorter game and knocking one category out is too strong for my weak spirit. So I would like to switch joker game #1 Skyrim to Make Something (crafting your own armor) and Owlboy to Shoot Something of all things. So far every companion is just a turret you use to shoot things, so its at least the main combat method.

If you are looking for a short, smooth and relaxing time I'll recommend it btw. It seems to be pretty short tho, so its probably a very good sales candidate.

S193100.png

14 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I've been really busy lately but I have a few games on progress right now, I'll let you know when I 100%/:platinum: them just to make sure I'll add them to my list and avoid swapping some games in the future.

• Like 1

A good ole' fashion update, especially since I've decided to make some amendments to my list. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance has a sisyphean task at this point. I think all I could do is restart the whole damn thing for a third time, fresh save, no new game plus, ENTIRELY over again and I just don't wanna. Not sure what I'll replace my Bonus game with at this point, but I did add two more games to the roster! 

S7e981a.png RiME (Hang out at the Lake) 0% - Seems like you're surrounded by a lot of water on an island area and kinda summer-y. Admitedly, I have no idea what I'm walking into.

S8958f3.png Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Make Something) 12% - You make armor, food, housing materials, all kinds of stuff throughout the game, and I want to encourage myself to play this more since I have been really enjoying it!

Trophies earned from event:

:platinum: 2  :gold: 5  :silver: 7  :bronze: 41

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Yen-Pop said:

S7e981a.png RiME (Hang out at the Lake) 0% - Seems like you're surrounded by a lot of water on an island area and kinda summer-y. Admitedly, I have no idea what I'm walking into.

You start on the beach and it's kind of fun and happy and you can swim a bit. There's another under water section where you use air bubbles to stay underwater. There are a few trophies specifically related to water, like finding a shark and doing a cannonball. So it's a good choice. There is a decent amount of water stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Toogie53 said:

You start on the beach and it's kind of fun and happy and you can swim a bit. There's another under water section where you use air bubbles to stay underwater. There are a few trophies specifically related to water, like finding a shark and doing a cannonball. So it's a good choice. There is a decent amount of water stuff.

Good to know! I saw that other people had chosen it for the same category, and I had it in my backlog so I figured why not. I appreciate the info! 

7 down now 6 to go. Got the plat in borderlands. Think I'll save the dlc for the Halloween event. Gonna have to start doing a bit of work on ff9 if I want it as plat 300.

@Sardavanua I ended up doing 3 playthroughs, first on normal and got quartermaster. Next on hard and got beat the odds, challenge & innocent. Then I did a casual playthrough to get forced march, high spirits and warmonger. If I remember right I had to back up my save about day 90, get forced march then reload to get high spirits.

Edited by wolverine123
  • Like 3