Camp Wannalottaplat

1 hour ago, wolverine123 said:

7 down now 6 to go. Got the plat in borderlands. Think I'll save the dlc for the Halloween event. Gonna have to start doing a bit of work on ff9 if I want it as plat 300.

@Sardavanua I ended up doing 3 playthroughs, first on normal and got quartermaster. Next on hard and got beat the odds, challenge & innocent. Then I did a casual playthrough to get forced march, high spirits and warmonger. If I remember right I had to back up my save about day 90, get forced march then reload to get high spirits.

Got it updated. Do you think you can help me pop the "Then they'll tell two friends" trophy? I plan to co-op most of the game with my daughter so I'd just need you for however long it takes for it to pop. Is it instant once someone that has it joins the game?

13 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Got it updated. Do you think you can help me pop the "Then they'll tell two friends" trophy? I plan to co-op most of the game with my daughter so I'd just need you for however long it takes for it to pop. Is it instant once someone that has it joins the game?

Yeah it's instant. Sure I will, hit me up. Can do it now if you want. Or any other evening my time (BST)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

Yeah it's instant. Sure I will, hit me up. Can do it now if you want. Or any other evening my time (BST)

I'll be at work until midnight your time. I think the weekend will work better. I'll just add you as a friend and when we happen to be online at the same time; I'll beg you to switch over. 

• Like 1

A status report. 

RL got in the way some. I started backing up a ton of data in order to do a clean install of High Sierra on my MB to improve from 'snail's pace' to mammal-speed. (I miss Snow Leopard. Fast and pretty and fluffy and ROAR ♪) Looks like that's going to take me a sweet while.

As for gaming, I plan to make the :platinum: of Secret of Mana my 3500th trophy. I squeezed in the last Muramasa Rebirth DLC and a couple of Frobisher Says DLC trophies (dry the wiener dog!) to fill the gap and am now ready to dive into High Sierra reinstallation SoM! 

I've also been thinking about swapping my scary game (VN 死印/Shiin) and adding a (short backlogged) game or 2 to my list. So far, I came up with:

!not final; all musings, haven't bought Bloodstained yet even!

Make Something - ?
Learn Something - ?
Put on a Show - Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night (new)
Tell a Ghost Story - Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (swap)
Be a Hermit - ?
Bonus Category: Summer Vacation maybe. 

That'd fit right in with my idea to make P3:DMN my 75th :platinum: because whynotit'sarhythmgame. I have the perfect game for one of the categories in my backlog but... regardless of how well it fits the Make Something category, I'm hesitant to add Atelier Ayesha to my camp list - I'm a slowpoke gamer supreme™️

LFF3N.png

(Rorona and Meruru are awesome but took slowpoke!Aze ┐(︶▽︶)┌ a month each zillion years to complete)

Bastion sounds as if it could work for Be a Hermit(?) and camp would give me that one cool opportunity and that right dash of motivation to finally cross it off my backlog. 

Dear Reader of my status report, if you're a (closet) JRPG-player and you have a moment's time to spare, I'd appreciate your input: with my slowpoke-ism™️ in mind, do any of these fit my '?'s?

Bastion  
Adventure Time: the Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (.99 whatcanIsay)
Atelier Ayesha Plus
Ar nosurge Plus
Undertale 
Stranger of Sword City (vanilla)
英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evo/TitS FC Evo (at 20% & cruising Grancel(sp?); staring at the cartridge battling it out since 2016)

And isn't this PURE LOVE?

6Npccx.gif
Edited by Aze
human incarnation of spelling errors sighted
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Do you think you can help me pop the "Then they'll tell two friends" trophy? I plan to co-op most of the game with my daughter so I'd just need you for however long it takes for it to pop. Is it instant once someone that has it joins the game?

It's an instant trophy. If you need someone to pop it tonight, I can jump in anytime this evening if you still need help(will be a closer time zone).

14 minutes ago, Aze said:

Dear Reader of my status report, if you're a (closet) JRPG-player and you have a moment's time to spare, I'd appreciate your input: with my slowpoke-ism2122.png in mind, do any of these fit my '?'s?

Bastion  
Adventure Time: the Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (.99 whatcanIsay)
Atelier Ayesha Plus
Ar nosurge Plus
Undertale 
Stranger of Sword City (vanilla)
英雄伝説 空の軌跡 FC Evo/TitS FC Evo (at 20% & cruising Grancel(sp?); staring at the cartridge battling it out since 2016)

Reveal hidden contents
6Npccx.gif

Closet JRPG player? Pfft. Loud and Proud here!

Atelier Ayesha definitely fits Make Something. Alchemy... synthesis... it's all about making something. You also meet a couple different hermits.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sardavanua said:

Congrats on those two!

Do you mind a few question about The Banner Saga? It's on my list aswell.

I've played trough the game on PC already so I know my way around, but can't figure out what trophies I should combine with the 2 difficulties.

1. On what difficulty should I attempt Beat the Odds (Egil survives)? Also does his survival negate Innocent (Allete's pacifism)?

2. What difficulty for High Spirits, Quartermaster, Forced March and Warmonger?

Some of them cancel out each other so I don't want to mess up and have to play trough it 3+ times.

Thank you!

I was able to do everything in two playthroughs. I used the trophy map on playstationtrophies.org to see which trophies to target each run and didn't really have a problem with either run. On my normal playthrough, I focused on Warmonger, Quartermaster, Diplomat, Treasure Hunter and Forced March. I also made sure to get every character to get all the character kill trophies out of the way. Beat the Odds does not really effect Innocent. The only choice that really effects Innocent (other than attacking humans or Varl) is whether you choose to let Onef join your party. If you do, you can't get Innocent or Beat the Odds, but he is the only backbiter so you'll need him on at least one of your playthroughs. I beat my normal playthrough in 117 days. In general, I didn't make any choices that meant to wait a day outside of the three days for the Godscale item and waiting the three days to get the permission to destroy the bridge (Diplomat.) I did have a few accidental days of rest by accidentally clicking on the button and I was sweating a little at the end due to that. I didn't realize I was as close as I was to the last area and got Forced March. Warmonger popped about 2/3rd's of the way through that run. It's better to do that on normal, because the injured characters stats aren't affected as much and it is easier to win the battles. You need to make sure to do the follow up battle when given the option or you may not do enough battles for Warmonger. It felt like most of the battles you can do a follow up attack are fought in chapter 3.

With Quartermaster, I actually was able to do that just fine on both runs. I never had someone die due to hunger either run. On my hard playthrough I did Beat the Odds, Innocent and High Spirits. I took my time and beat the game in about 170 days. I didn't let nearly as many of the characters join my caravan and spent the majority of my renown on supplies (in towns where the ratio was pretty good.) I tried to keep a decent balance of renown instead of spending them on leveling up right away just in case I needed supplies. I knew which characters I was going to use from the first playthrough and didn't waste any renown on anyone else. So long as you avoid getting Onef and keep Alette out of battles with humans, that one is pretty easy to get. I kept her out of the fight altogether against humans, even if it meant running with less characters than possible. Since I couldn't use her to attack and skipping her turn would mean they got two in a row, keeping her on the bench proved to be easier for those fights. There are only a few decisions that will impact Egil and they are spelled out in that trophy map. I found that guide to be a little too thorough on the Challenge explanation. Basically, if you can see you won't win the battle, reload your save and do that battle over. The fights aren't too long and it's only about ten minutes wasted usually. For that run I never did the follow up battle and always stopped to rest when I hit normal morale (or if I just wanted my characters healed.) I never really got close to running out of supplies either.

It really was a fun game and my only real gripe was that the camera was stationary. More than a few times, I attacked the wrong enemy since the bodies pile up on the ground and with the size of the Varl, I couldn't exactly tell who I was hitting. Good luck!

Edited by Br1ste

@donut_plz Cabin 9 update: Just finished my bonus game Final Fantasy XV!  It turned out to be better than I thought it initially was and I'm glad I sat down and gave it a fair shot.  Now that I've finished my three games and my bonus game, I'll probably be juggling a bit of Borderlands along with some other games I've had on my backlog.

• Like 2

Played a couple hours of Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection.... got all the bad endings out of the way.

This was the one game I wasn't sure about on my list... didn't know what it was going to be like. But it's not bad at all... a little cheesy, but that's OK... not really sure if you can expect anything but cheesy from Idol-type games. It's actually getting my hopes up for the canon Neptunia games as I like the characters.

@donut_plz i think i'm gonna have to take the GH game off my list as i'm still unable to find my plug in for the guitar controller :(

i also liked the idea of the one guy who has been doing it where he put up what trophies he has earned in the event so far so i had to go add them up. and i didn't think that it was as many as it was but - 20 Bronze, 13 Silver, 3 Gold, and 4 Platinums for 40 trophies earned

13 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

Gonna have to start doing a bit of work on ff9 if I want it as plat 300.

when did they add trophies for 7(seen someone else talking about trophies for 7) and 9? do they have any for 8 and where do i need to get them at to have the trophy lists?

I got the trophy for Borderlands from @ArtikSkarab (thanks again) but as soon as he joined the game, everything lagged out. I couldnt even see the trophy pop, but i heard it. Afterwards, I started getting a weird PSN error. It persisted all evening so I started looking and saw on Reddit that many other people are having an issue today too. Like some can sign in on their ps4 but not their Vita etc. Others can sign into one account but not another from the same console.

For me using PS Now, I can log in and stream Borderlands in single player, but cant play multiplayer. I switched over and played more of Strong Bad's Cool Game. But realized later that since I cant log into PSN on PS Now, I can't sync the trophies. Isn't that weird? I cant authenticate to the online service to which I'm obviously online and connected to already or else I couldnt use it to attempt this authentication that is failing in the first place... The circular logic hurts my brain.

@Aze I cant help with most of your titles but I know some about Bastion and Undertale. I think you can make them both work with any of the ? categories you gave.

Bastion - You kind of start by just waking up somewhere. There was an event called the Calamity that destroyed the world and you are picking up the pieces and trying to find out what happened and it does involve learning about a different culture. Bastion doesnt have crafting items exactly, but it does have you gather materials so you then go to the blacksmith building and upgrade weapons with that. So make something is covered. Hermit is a little bit of a stretch, because its more like isolated survivors. But there are side challenges and mini games for the various weapons to get upgrade materials.

Undertale - You start out by meeting Toriel. She is a hermit because she's in voluntary exile. You also need to piece together the monsters vs human history and now that you are in monster land you need to learn about their culture. I was going for more real world history when I planned the category but others have used similar logic in their picks about fictional cultures. Also, now that im thinking about specifics, I dont think this game works for Make Something. Nothing is coming to mind anyway. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coolsnowvil said:

when did they add trophies for 7(seen someone else talking about trophies for 7) and 9? do they have any for 8 and where do i need to get them at to have the trophy lists?

Its not the psone classics versions. They released ports of the pc versions with trophy support for ps4. I'm hoping for 8 with trophies this year but won't hold my breath.

I am going to drop some of my games that I know I will not get through. So my the ones I am keeping are as follows.

Lego Ninjago: Completed

Abzu: Completed

Murdered Soul Suspect: 55%

Tokyo Xanadu: 65%

Yonder: 79%

You can delete the rest. I do not know if I will get to them. I may add one or two when I complete these.