Camp Wannalottaplat

1 minute ago, ladynadiad said:

So I remember someone had Life is Strange on their list, but not what category it was and this topic definitely is large enough that going and checking may be hard.  I just started it because I was hankering for an easy plat and could add it but wasn't even sure what it would fit for yet, well outside of stuff I already have games for.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  I'm not done with it, so someone who has platted the game may know a good fit I do not yet know of since I am only at the start of episode 3.

IMO it would fit in the following categories:

• Make Friends: you reconnect with your best friend from years ago.
  • Hang out at a Lake: there's a pool party and another time when you go swimming at night.
  • Shoot Something: shooting photos is a key component and 95% of the trophies are related to this.
  • Learn Something: there's a missing girl and one of the goals is figuring out what happened to her.
  • Tell a Ghost Story: there are supernatural powers involved about going back to a specific moment in time.
  • Like 3

@Dragon-Archon - Thanks for the quick reply!  Don't have anything for Hang out at the Lake so I guess I'll use that one.  @Toogie53 can you add Life is Strange PS4 for me?  I'll likely have it done soon and another plat for cabin #4 then.

And totally wouldn't have thought of shooting photos for shoot something, that's a neat way to see it!

• Like 1

Cabin #2:

Finished Maliya for my learn something!

I didn't like it. But I did learn a new word: Lajunta. I don't know what it means or anything, but it's the code to get into the last level (because the game doesn't believe in saving so you had to input a code every time to continue from a level) and I had to type it about a dozen times, so now it's forever imprinted on my mind.

I also learned how not to make a digital card game.

• Like 2

Another :platinum: for #cabin 2 ? @Toogie53

I just collected the last prize bubble needed for :silver: Uber Prize Collector to get my Plat #191 LittleBigPlanet 2 ?

It wasn't as hard to ace all levels as i thought. Only 5 levels with more than 5 tries but all within 15 :) ... acing 10 in a row was easy (as i said before using the bakup online trick)... luckily i did all 2-4 player prize bubbles a while a go and used videos to get the last ones by now... hardest part was shooting some giant cakes which jumped around like a rubber ball which crushed me to death after a few seconds... unfortunately the level difficulty is set and it could have been easier with more people but i couldn't find someone to join :( ... my first attempt is almost a week ago now :(

Now i'll continue with the DC Comics DLC and it'll be a few days off for this event to get both LittleBigPlanet 2 and Bioshock 2 to 100% trophies... maybe even Grid 2 :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Such an awesome game! And yes it fits perfectly the Survive category especially when it turns to night while you're exploring

Nighttime isn't too bad but I'm only level 31. Almost ran face first into a Chimera at night yesterday though.. I ran away so fast! :P Same thing happened with a dragon lol.

@donut_plz @Toogie53 Guys, I'd still like to swap this garbage Rayman game from my list. BUT... in order not to bend the rules of this event and stick with a team sport theme I will not exchange it with Oceanhorn. Instead, put Stikbold! A Dodgeball Advenure there please :)

Also, I am going for 100% in EVERY game on my list. So Watch Dogs 2 isn't officially finished yet. Just FYI :P 

Edited by RockyJokerPL

10 hours ago, Inuty said:

@Toogie53

It´s my first Event so not really sure how the badges look like, but I guess it´s up to you. You put in the effort for the Event and even for the badges so I think they will be just fine however you decide to make them :) 

voted I don´t care

toogie53.png

@Dr_Mayusdropped three games added Furmins and its 100%
@ladynadiad Added Life is Strange
@Kittet3 Added your 100% :) Don't know what lajunta means either. La Junta is a city I've heard of though. 
@Evil_Joker88 Added your LBP2 plat. Nice job, you save scummer (I'm one too)

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

And I already have finished Life is Strange for another plat to add to cabin #4.  It was definitely an easy plat.  I feel the game was highly overrated and not as amazing as people made it out to be, but still decent enough.

I think I'm just getting sick of "choices matter" games where they really don't affect the plot and just really feel that giving the illusion that our choices matter weakens the overall plot and characterization since they instead have to make a plot that fits all the potential "choices" and make sure every situation is solvable no matter what choices were made.  I'd rather have a more linear point and click game with a far stronger plot and characterization than the illusion that my choices mean a thing when the overall plot doesn't change at all and very often my choices didn't even affect how others saw my character in the end.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Nighttime isn't too bad but I'm only level 31. Almost ran face first into a Chimera at night yesterday though.. I ran away so fast! :P Same thing happened with a dragon lol.

That was my reaction the first time something like that happened ? it also make me think about that GoT  quote: "Because the night is dark, and full of terrors".

Okay, time for an update, and it's a doozy.

I'm going to be visiting my parents for the summer, and will most likely stay there until the middle of August, which means that I'll be unable to finish my PS4 entries in time. So, Rayman Legends and Tearaway Unfolded will need to be taken off my list, sadly. A pity, I was just 420 points away from my 10th Awesomness level. After that, I would just need to complete the rest of the game, and boom, the plat. Wanted to take Psychonauts for my bonus game (so original, I know), but this will not be an option anymore for the same exact reason. Oh well, I'm happy that I got Valiant Hearts and Prey finished in time. I plan to introduce replacement games for both categories, more on that later.

For the current progress, I'm still working on Jak II (making good progress, but feeling pretty intimidated by the Gold Race Challenges), and New Little King Story (my Vita connects to PSN once more, whew; I should finish the story and most of the endings very soon, and after that, it's just the matter of completing the encyclopedias and affection grind. Made an extra save in case Wig-Out King glitches as well.)

As for the replacement games, I'm thinking about Sports Champions 2 for Play a Sport (since I'll have access to a larger playspace) and LittleBigPlanet (-wince-) for Make Something, since making levels is a big feature, so it should qualify. I have just three trophies left for LBP, but there is still a problem of multiplayer bubbles. I did most of the challenges solo with some unholy multitasking and multiple controllers, but some of the challenges are very troublesome to pull off alone. I plan to check the levels and write down the ones I still have left. Even Play (acing all levels) doesn't worry me as much as this does. Internet is pretty slow there, so I'm not even planning to boost this one. Still,  it won't hurt to add it just in case. I really need to finish it either way.

Changes list for tl;dr:

Spoiler

To remove:

Play a Sport - Rayman Legends

Make Something - Tearaway Unfolded

To add: 

Play a Sport - Sports Champions 2

Make Something - LittleBig Planet

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

And I already have finished Life is Strange for another plat to add to cabin #4.  It was definitely an easy plat.  I feel the game was highly overrated and not as amazing as people made it out to be, but still decent enough.

I think I'm just getting sick of "choices matter" games where they really don't affect the plot and just really feel that giving the illusion that our choices matter weakens the overall plot and characterization since they instead have to make a plot that fits all the potential "choices" and make sure every situation is solvable no matter what choices were made.  I'd rather have a more linear point and click game with a far stronger plot and characterization than the illusion that my choices mean a thing when the overall plot doesn't change at all and very often my choices didn't even affect how others saw my character in the end.

Congrats, I felt the same way about it. IMO the game should've had 4 episodes and the first ~20 minutes or so from episode 5 could easily be added to episode 4. Btw what choice did you make at the end:

Spoiler

did you destroy the photo or used it to go back and reset everything?

15 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats, I felt the same way about it. IMO the game should've had 4 episodes and the first ~20 minutes or so from episode 5 could easily be added to episode 4. Btw what choice did you make at the end:

Reveal hidden contents

did you destroy the photo or used it to go back and reset everything?

I agree there as well.  Episode 5 was just pointless and it's obvious they ended 4 like they did for the cliffhanger.

Spoiler

I used the photo.  The game just really failed to make me feel Chloe was worth risking an entire town when she pretty much pushed Max towards alienating everyone else for her sake.  That's not a good friend, that's a very toxic person who should have no part in Max's life.  It was actually made worse with the whole illusion that choices matter because it pushed her over the line from being immature and selfish to downright toxic and abusive.  What happened to her in the beginning was tragic, but it really felt like that ending was the most ideal you could get.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I agree there as well.  Episode 5 was just pointless and it's obvious they ended 4 like they did for the cliffhanger.

Hide contents

I used the photo.  The game just really failed to make me feel Chloe was worth risking an entire town when she pretty much pushed Max towards alienating everyone else for her sake.  That's not a good friend, that's a very toxic person who should have no part in Max's life.  It was actually made worse with the whole illusion that choices matter because it pushed her over the line from being immature and selfish to downright toxic and abusive.  What happened to her in the beginning was tragic, but it really felt like that ending was the most ideal you could get.

Spoiler

Interesting, I made the opposite choice to destroy it as the game couldn't make me care about almost every character in the game. I did care about Max and it seemed like letting the storm destroy the entire town would give Chloe some kind of closure as everything and everyone she hated and all the bad memories about the town, her dad's accident, Rachel's fate, and that corrupt Prescott family that pretty much owned the town would be destroyed.

The game also has this whole "fate wants to kills Chloe as she dies in every reality", theme so I wanted to defy fate as much as possible :P .

Edited by Dragon-Archon

2 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

That was my reaction the first time something like that happened 1f602.png it also make me think about that GoT  quote: "Because the night is dark, and full of terrors".

Haha, totally. :P 

GoT needs to come back!! Don't wanna wait till 2019. :( I binge watched all seven seasons in a week and that was last year; as season seven was still airing. It better be worth the wait, especially with the last season going to be so short.