Camp Wannalottaplat

I am determined to finish this Ni no Kuni 2 but these skirmishes are really not very enjoyable. Such a shame devs add this sort of stuff just to pad out a game. Still if it is what it takes to get a Toogie badge then onwards I must press. I will be cheesing my 3rd game with one of the short ones just to make sure I don't miss out ....... again.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 2

A little update - I 100% South Park SOT. I started Sims 3 Pets and I understand why everything is so rare. It seems it a lot slower going than Sims 3. I tried playing Dynasty Warriors and I’m just lost on how it works. I understand it’s a hack and slash but I don’t get how to go through the domination(?) mode. I lost my copy of Fallout 4 and that was what I was really looking forward to. Plus all the copy’s at my local library are checked out. So now I’m hoping to start beyond two souls soon. 

• Like 1

Another plat for Cabin S.W.A.G. (#4), did we actually settle on a name?

:platinum: #183: Criminal Girls Invite Only

1L280f71.png

Thought about the game are in the spoiler in case anyone is interested. Don't worry, it's spoiler free.

Spoiler

In this game souls of delinquents are sent to Hell in order to go through a reformation program to accept their sins and change their ways. This is done by climbing the Spire. Doing so will allow them to be reborn on Earth. You play as the one in charge of a group and your task is to guide them through the Spire and motivate them. The story was better than I thought and my favourite character is Himekami. Motivating characters is done through mini-games. The EU/NA version has censored images in these mini-games, but the censoring doesn't make any sense. Some images have pink fog if a character's underwear is shown and others do not. Motivating also unlocks new skills to use during battles. Combat is a little different, as skills are seemingly randomly chosen. I say seemingly, because after playing the game I noticed that it depends on which enemy is fought. If you fight one that's weak to ice, ice skills will show up more often. Whenever an enemy was charging a powerful attack, the guard option would almost always appear. Then there are enemies like Greater Devil, that almost always have a magic skill and/or hard hitting melee skill to choose. The second turn usually had regular crappy melee attacks, then the third turn included a skill, then crappy melee again, etc. So it seems to be preset patterns and skill pools and not completely random. During each turn in combat 1 item can be used as well.

To get each character's ending it's necessary to turn them into knights and beat the boss, which means doing this 7 times. Then one of those save files that unlocked an ending needs to be reloaded in order to beat the boss again to continue the story. All in all defeating that boss 8 times was way too much, especially since that boss liked to hit the entire party with status ailments, charge an attack, and use an attack that randomly hits 9 times. The true final boss of the true ending route was also very cheap. It had an attack that hits the party 13 times and it could do 2 actions per turn. When it had around 25% health left, it would do that attack twice per turn, which could bring a party at full health to 1-2 at critical health and the other 2-3 dead. The boss would use it twice per turn, followed by once, then twice again the next turn until it was defeated or until my party was dead. This is a very cheap way to make something hard and left a bitter aftertaste, as this was the final thing to do for the platinum trophy. So, I saved up money and bought items that could ignore RNG and make a character's special knight ability available and it wouldn't even cost mp to use. That way the tank would use her special skill that makes the party immune to all melee and magic damage for 2 turns and my hardest-hitting character would use her special ability the second turn to do 10,000-11,000 damage with buffs. After 5 of these attacks the boss was defeated.

All in all I had fun with the game, but it has some flaws. I might give the sequel a try when it's on sale.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 4

@Toogie53 pls put Sky Force Anniversary ? on my list (cabin 2) for Shoot Something (drop Thief)... even though i thought about sticking to a game with bow & arrow it's just too good to ignore that i have finished a game i can put on a still my list here :D

Sky Force is an simple game where you fly over a landscape and shoot tanks, planes and boats... that's it really ? ... i played it 99% on Vita which made it harder as the screen is smaller than my TV at home using my ps4 to complete mission 8 on easy without powerups (Laser Beam, Mega Bomb, Shield)... i tried for hundreds of times on Vita but couldn't dodge all missiles and projectiles in the boss battle (stage 3 of 5 especially)...  Besides that it's not very hard but a long grind for stars (are used to upgrade the plane used) and finding randomly given cards (bonus like attack power, attack speed and many more)...

Fun factor: medium. Long grind for all trophies

Difficulty: medium. Trophy wise mostly easy but completing missions on higher difficulties becomes difficult :D

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 3

@donut_plz Can I request a swap as well? Rayman Legends for Sports Champions 2 and Tearaway Unfolded for LittleBigPlanet, please. Won't have access to my PS4 for a long while.

Also, another plat for Cabin #6! New Little King's Story is done! A cute little Pikmin-like game that makes you work for the platinum, but not too much. A pity localization was all over the place. Muted the dub shortly after starting the game, it was so bad. Luckily enough, the game doesn't tax Vita much, so playing your own music over the game was easy. I'm glad I picked it up when I did... since it's delisted now, and all.

Closing in on Jak II's plat as well, I'll give it a few days more at most, since the reverse races turned out to be not too bad, and I'm doing relatively well just memorizing the gun courses.

Teslagrad will be next, I suppose. LBP currently delights in breaking my fingers with coop bubbles. 

Also, if someone here has played Murdered: Soul Suspect on PS3: can reveal/dialogue prompts glitch? I think I broke a few while exploring the beach by the church. Couldn't finish the sidequest after returning from the church, since the final clue prompt just wouldn't appear, or the option to talk to the girl. The ghost in the laundry room a location earlier never bugged out like that. For now, I have restarted the playthrough with a plan of backing up my save in certain points.

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

@Toogie53 - Can you please add Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk to my games?  I caved and ended up grabbing it now that it's out.  It's so far as good as Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly was

Sure. I'll do this in the morning. Family BBQ tonight.

1 hour ago, NetEntity said:

Also, if someone here has played Murdered: Soul Suspect on PS3: can reveal/dialogue prompts glitch? I think I broke a few while exploring the beach by the church. Couldn't finish the sidequest after returning from the church, since the final clue prompt just wouldn't appear, or the option to talk to the girl. The ghost in the laundry room a location earlier never bugged out like that. For now, I have restarted the playthrough with a plan of backing up my save in certain points.

If I remember correctly, there's a point of no return regarding collectibles. I think it's when you enter the Judgment House. So do all collectibles prior to entering. Also, pretty sure collectibles are cumulative so a second playthrough won't be as rough. 

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

If I remember correctly, there's a point of no return regarding collectibles. I think it's when you enter the Judgment House. So do all collectibles prior to entering. Also, pretty sure collectibles are cumulative so a second playthrough won't be as rough. 

There isnt a point of no return exactly. I think you can only go in the museum area once so if you miss one there, you have to restart. Otherwise, I think you can backtrack for most of them.

37 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

There isnt a point of no return exactly. I think you can only go in the museum area once so if you miss one there, you have to restart. Otherwise, I think you can backtrack for most of them.

There's a point of no return! It's the Judgment House. You can't leave the final scene.

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Collectibles are cumulative indeed, but the game won't show you which one you missed.

13 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Ni No Kuni 2 Plat #2 for the event and finally a little something something from me for Cabin 5.

So game is obviously beautiful, great fun. Enjoyable story, easy to follow fun town building / side quests etc etc. If you like JRPG it is probably a good time sink, but then if you do you probably already know that. Friendly enough even if you aren't a JRPG fan with very minimal grinding. I think the final game can be beaten at lvl 70 quite comfortably which seems to be around the mark you end up at. My one main problem was why the text had to be so small in the skirmishes. It is basically unreadable unless you are on top of the TV. Anyway I can imagine the story was not so interesting there so no real loss. Oh and where is the season pass expansion content. Hello, heck I don't mind supporting this game but a general reference to anything at this point would be nice.

Now to make sure to finish one more, although I must say the distraction of the combo of Utawarerumono Mask of Deception and Ys Lacrimosa will probably be hard to beat. I do feel the pull of SAO strangely enough, the last thing I need to start now unless I want to fully comprehend the hollow realisation of another missed badge. Oh well it could be worse I could finally open Dark Souls remastered..... mmmm I need a few drinks before that mistake.

Nicely done! I finished Ys in this Event too and I needed round about 60 hours for it. Can really recommend the guide from Dragon. The game just sucked me in and I finished it faster then I expected. Depending on your game time I think it´s possible to finish it in the month left for the Event :) 

• Like 1

Update

Happy 4th of July everyone. I hope you enjoyed this great holiday. Between hot dogs, family, and small explosives I was able to put some work in on Tearaway and I finally finished with less than 30 minutes left in the day I got the platinum with that 4th of July time stamp. The biggest holiday of the summer had to be celebrated with a platinum. And just like our founding fathers made a new nation, I made a whole bunch of weird digital paper models. So we’re like the same now right?

1Lebf031.png

Thats 10/13 for me. All I have left is to tell a ghost story, get tested, and be a hermit. Then my stay at Platinum Summer Camp is complete. I’m taking a vacation tomorrow and then I have a business trip right after that so this is probably my last update for about two weeks but I hope y’all keep hittin’em hard and racking up those plats.

Lets go Cabin #3!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Oh and where is the season pass expansion content. Hello, heck I don't mind supporting this game but a general reference to anything at this point would be nice.

I'd also like to know when this DLC is coming out. I really hope there's at least one more skirmish-related trophy :awesome:

(I think I'm literally the only person on these forums that actually liked skirmishes)

I'm working on finishing up some of these final Atelier Lydie & Suelle trophies while also Killing My Completion with some other games. Hopefully I'll be able to finish up Atelier before the weekend... that way I'll be able to focus on Danganronpa 2, which I have slated for KYC for the 7th-9th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inuty said:

Nicely done! I finished Ys in this Event too and I needed round about 60 hours for it. Can really recommend the guide from Dragon. The game just sucked me in and I finished it faster then I expected. Depending on your game time I think it´s possible to finish it in the month left for the Event :) 

Thanks, it was a very easy game though. Did you do your nightmare playthrough from the start. I am starting on normal but interested in how much harder nightmare will be. 

57 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I'd also like to know when this DLC is coming out. I really hope there's at least one more skirmish-related trophy :awesome:

(I think I'm literally the only person on these forums that actually liked skirmishes)

Lol, even you would have to admit there were at least 2 or 3 skirmishes that were dreadfully designed. Chasing that guy across the map was ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Lol, even you would have to admit there were at least 2 or 3 skirmishes that were dreadfully designed. Chasing that guy across the map was ridiculous.

Only thing I wish I had done differently with the skirmishes was build up the team whose special ability is to go off on their own away from your main group... that would have certainly helped in some of those situations. Would have also been nice for that particular skirmish you mentioned to have the correct requirements for winning...

9 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Only thing I wish I had done differently with the skirmishes was build up the team whose special ability is to go off on their own away from your main group... that would have certainly helped in some of those situations. Would have also been nice for that particular skirmish you mentioned to have the correct requirements for winning...

Lol, true, the text was so small though I just chose to wing it, or in that chase of that one rely on the trusty youtube

27 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Thanks, it was a very easy game though. Did you do your nightmare playthrough from the start. I am starting on normal but interested in how much harder nightmare will be. 

I did the first playthrough on Easy to enjoy it the most. After that I speedrun the game on Nightmare in less then 15 hours I think :huh:. If I remember correctly then you will receive more XP for the characters in lower difficulties and don´t Need to grind so much XP. It´s possible to do it on your first playthrough on nightmare but you Need at least the same time as if you do a first playthrough on a lower difficulty. Since you can take over your Equipment (excluding weapons) and your Level. It´s really easy. The bosses have a lot of HP on nightmare so this will come in Handy for you. Only hard part will be the battles in the Dana segments. But you can get more Information about it in the guide, don´t want to Spoiler the game for you! At the end you also will feel the difficulty more but your level should be high enough to have less Problems.

Raids, side quests, and a few weapon entries are the only thing that's really missable, so you want to take care of them as fast as you are able to do them. Just do every raid if you receive the Information about one, finish every side quest before you advance in the main Story and upgrade your weapons everytime you are able to do it.

Enjoy it! The battle System is really addictive in my opinion :) 

• Like 1