Servers closing down August 9

DesmaBR

May 11th, 2018 — After much deliberation, Ready At Dawn has made the difficult decision to shut down Deformers servers in its Western and European markets on August 9th, 2018. All development on the Western/European version of Deformers will cease effective immediately, and as part of this transition, all physical and digital purchases of Deformers and real-money Strand Pack purchasing will be disabled.

Beginning today, all Workshop items will be available for free so that everyone has the chance to unlock all Forms and Styles for continued use in offline play. We will also be automatically unlocking all Forms and Styles for all accounts prior to the server shutdown.

Source: Deformers Website

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Doesn't look like it's completely online, but still sad nonetheless.

Gaming is a fierce competition these days. Makes me seriously wonder if going for a college degree in gaming is seriously worth it at this point.

Well said. I’ve been thinking about the same thing.

Edited by NaseemJohn

13 minutes ago, TrophyDad said:

This statement is totally wrong XP & Prestige does not work unless you are online

the guide is misleading then, i only had a quick look at the overview.

nvm i read it wrong :facepalm: got my online/offline the wrong way around.

Edited by Leenewbe

Wow...I got this game free awhile back. Its closing already? It shouldnt had been "online" only.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
At least they give us a good 3months...

I kind of expected this to happen sooner. Even when they did a free weekend after an update the game was super dead. Gamestop published this and even they don't sell the game anymore. Pretty sure they trashed every copy they couldn't sell.

On 5/12/2018 at 3:32 AM, ExquisiteSteez said:

Is it possible to boost all the trophies with 2 people ?

Got it for free. But never played it.

Might give it a try, if it's easy to boost.

You can use 4 controllers to play online and boost yourself, if I'm remembering correctly.  If you get another person with 4x controllers you could boost yourselves relatively quick.  

• Like 1

The server was pretty much dead after first month of release. I plat it right before the first big update. Majority of trophies you must earn them online. Most of them can be done with 2 controllers with your own second PSN account. However, it will be faster if you can play with other people, and focus on killing your own second account to get on the top of the leaderboard. The only game mode you can't boost with yourself is the soccer one. That one you need to boost with group of people. Considering the game is dead, that is the hardest part. If you don't start this game yet, I suggest you to stay away from it. The game is boring and developer doesn't even know how to make an online only type game.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GTA_Darren said:

The server was pretty much dead after first month of release. I plat it right before the first big update. Majority of trophies you must earn them online. Most of them can be done with 2 controllers with your own second PSN account. However, it will be faster if you can play with other people, and focus on killing your own second account to get on the top of the leaderboard. The only game mode you can't boost with yourself is the soccer one. That one you need to boost with group of people. Considering the game is dead, that is the hardest part. If you don't start this game yet, I suggest you to stay away from it. The game is boring and developer doesn't even know how to make an online only type game.

The Public Games will no longer start unless a separate  PSN player joins the match, so if you are using multiple controllers you still need another player to join for the match to start.

You will be kicked from the server if you idle for less than 45 seconds , this means if you are using multiple controllers you need them to be active at all times as well

32 minutes ago, TrophyDad said:

The Public Games will no longer start unless a separate  PSN player joins the match, so if you are using multiple controllers you still need another player to join for the match to start.

You will be kicked from the server if you idle for less than 45 seconds , this means if you are using multiple controllers you need them to be active at all times as well

That's why I said you need second PSN account with your second controller instead using User 1. Unless you mean it require another PSN account from a separate PS4.

Right, you need to constantly move your second controller to avoid being kicked which most online games have implemented this kind system.

Come one, come all!

I have set up a boosting session for Deformers. Since I am using the EU stack, this is mainly for people in GMT timezone.

A group chat on PS4 will also be set up for all boosters. The session will be up and running until server closure.

https://psnprofiles.com/session/148717-deformers