Void

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

33 posts in this topic

talk about a quick release.

woah it looks really good, definitely have to get this 

Looks pretty cool. I actually prefer the look of this game to the footage we’ve seen from Curse of the Night so far although i feel like the spritework is a little inconsistent.

This reminds me so much of Castlevania on the gameboy. Also liking the mechanic to switch between characters on the fly. Definitely interested in this game. That font for "Curse of the Moon" looks pretty cool too.

I thought they renamed the game and confirmed all platforms lol. No DRM-free relase on PC like the full game?

Wait, is that Ritual of The night? Or Different?

Edit: It looks awesome! No need to say more.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

36 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

Wait, is that Ritual of The night? Or Different?

Edit: It looks awesome! No need to say more.

No. One of the Kickstarter stretch goals was a separate "retro" game. That's what Curse of the Moon is.

Looking forward to playing it later this month.

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

This reminds me so much of Castlevania on the gameboy. Also liking the mechanic to switch between characters on the fly. Definitely interested in this game. That font for "Curse of the Moon" looks pretty cool too.

This is more akin to castlevania 3/akumajou densetsu. It had a character swapping mechanic as well

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

This is more akin to castlevania 3/akumajou densetsu. It had a character swapping mechanic as well

Ah ok, never played that one.

20 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Ah ok, never played that one.

It let you play as Trevor Belmont, and then one of the 3 helpers, Sypha the mage, Grant the thief, and then Alucard

Zangetsu has shades of Ryu from Ninja Gaiden (NES) with the weapon animation and it's obviously a love letter to Castlevania (NES) atmospheric wise, not to mention Miriam wielding a Belmont whip.

Two of my all time favorite games... Color me intrigued 😀

Damn, the game looks great! Like a true spiritual successor to Castlevania III. It comes out so soon, too! I should be receiving a code for the Vita version since I backed the game.

Game looks fun. The trailer would have been better without the dramatic movie trailer narrator voice, though.

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Damn, the game looks great! Like a true spiritual successor to Castlevania III. It comes out so soon, too! I should be receiving a code for the Vita version since I backed the game.

same here but PS4

I'm looking forward to this one. Looks to resemble Castlevania III in how you switch between characters. The music sounds great too, time for some old fashioned 8-bit fun!

Boss Rush and Nightmare will be the hardest 2

I can see PS4 version but not vita one, in description on PSN it says PS4 only, will it work as cross buy? Or better wait a little for Vita version loaded to my region?

So, anybody played it yet?

Seems interesting to me. Looks a damn lot like old Castlevania even though I haven't played any of the titles that came before Super Castlevania IV.

It's only €10 too so I'm very much thinking I'll just buy it on my Switch for the summer holiday, only things holding me back are the 8-bit art style and that I don't feel confident about the mid-game character switching.

Bringing @MosesRockefeller because as a MetroidVania fan he'll probably want to know about this game.

6 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

So, anybody played it yet?

Seems interesting to me. Looks a damn lot like old Castlevania even though I haven't played any of the titles that came before Super Castlevania IV.

It's only €10 too so I'm very much thinking I'll just buy it on my Switch for the summer holiday, only things holding me back are the 8-bit art style and that I don't feel confident about the mid-game character switching.

Bringing @MosesRockefeller because as a MetroidVania fan he'll probably want to know about this game.

I had heard of it before, but thanks for thinking of me. From what I've read and seen in the trailer, it seems to be inspired by the older Castlevanias, which weren't MetroidVanias. That started with Symphony of the Night on PS1. If that's true, combined with the 8-bit art style, I'm not interested. I am interested in the full game that this spun off from though.