Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

This reminds me so much of Castlevania on the gameboy. Also liking the mechanic to switch between characters on the fly. Definitely interested in this game. That font for "Curse of the Moon" looks pretty cool too.

This is more akin to castlevania 3/akumajou densetsu. It had a character swapping mechanic as well

• Like 1

So, anybody played it yet?

Seems interesting to me. Looks a damn lot like old Castlevania even though I haven't played any of the titles that came before Super Castlevania IV.

It's only €10 too so I'm very much thinking I'll just buy it on my Switch for the summer holiday, only things holding me back are the 8-bit art style and that I don't feel confident about the mid-game character switching.

Bringing @MosesRockefeller because as a MetroidVania fan he'll probably want to know about this game.

6 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

So, anybody played it yet?

Seems interesting to me. Looks a damn lot like old Castlevania even though I haven't played any of the titles that came before Super Castlevania IV.

It's only €10 too so I'm very much thinking I'll just buy it on my Switch for the summer holiday, only things holding me back are the 8-bit art style and that I don't feel confident about the mid-game character switching.

Bringing @MosesRockefeller because as a MetroidVania fan he'll probably want to know about this game.

I had heard of it before, but thanks for thinking of me. From what I've read and seen in the trailer, it seems to be inspired by the older Castlevanias, which weren't MetroidVanias. That started with Symphony of the Night on PS1. If that's true, combined with the 8-bit art style, I'm not interested. I am interested in the full game that this spun off from though.