Hitman Contracts Servers Going Down (possibly permanently)

Waddlingdan

20 minutes ago, LadyFinesse95 said:

No way! I started this game not long ago. Another bites the dust. Can you link me the full game list where all games about to shutdown pretty please? 

here is the psnp thread the op here is more active then the one on the .org site at posting updates to the list. 

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

Hmmm. Will try to get a copy of this in the following days to see if I can knock those online trophies out of the way.

Just checked online and a used copy around here costs between $4-8 plus shipping so I shouldn't have any problem in getting it. There's plenty of them around actually.

3 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

The problem is that in my country an used game is pretty expensive, around 20€, for that price I could buy Hitman Trilogy and Absolution on sale

There's plenty of physical copies going for  8 - 10 € on cex.pt or olx.pt.

Time to download this and knockout the online asap. 10 GB/17GB downloaded so far. May have to wake up early if I don't get it done before I go to sleep.

Edit: Trophies are easy, you can self boost with a 2nd account making a few throw away contracts with easy targets and you'll get the million and potentially other trophies such as getting through a whole checkpoint without being spotted.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

Started this today. Doesn't take long. You can unlock all misc trophies in contracts to.

Now I look forward to play the main game. Wouldn't have started it if it wasn't for the server shutdown.

Wish more of my backlogged games ended up in this situation.

going to see how much space i have on my ps3 and begin downloading that game if anything i can always go back and do the offline stuff while making sure i have the online portions done so i don't have an incomplete platinum.

Edited by kingdrake2

On 12/5/2018 at 6:04 PM, maiathewinners said:

The problem is that in my country an used game is pretty expensive, around 20€, for that price I could buy Hitman Trilogy and Absolution on sale

€20 is pretty much honestly 

I literally bought it second handed 4 years ago at Game in Birmingham (UK) for £2,99, and even at Gamestops here in Italy I saw it €5-10

If you can find it for less than €10 is okay and the trophies are really easy 

2 hours ago, Blackhawkfan93 said:

Shame I really liked the contracts mode if anyone needs contracts done I made some super easy ones myself 

I may use your contracts, I will send a friend request

2 hours ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

€20 is pretty much honestly 

I literally bought it second handed 4 years ago at Game in Birmingham (UK) for £2,99, and even at Gamestops here in Italy I saw it €5-10

If you can find it for less than €10 is okay and the trophies are really easy 

Bought the game for 13€, like I said I didn't find any used copy for a cheap price and the cheap ones had the box damaged or there were missing things (manual), I went to a store just to see the prices and found the game brand new. I think it was a good deal, the game was never open and played

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maiathewinners said:

Bought the game for 13€, like I said I didn't find any used copy for a cheap price and the cheap ones had the box damaged or there were missing things (manual), I went to a store just to see the prices and found the game brand new. I think it was a good deal, the game was never open and played

Yep €13 for a physical brand new game is not that bad

Now good luck with the online trophies!

Trophies are super easy for anyone wondering, from my first to my last online trophy it took 47 minutes and a few misc popped up as well.

I think a lot of people who are going for the trophies made easy contracts where you walk into china town, kill someone and then leave. Literally takes a minute to get it done, then move on to someone else's which is the same. Very quick and easy. Good luck everyone.

I made one myself if anyone needs the friends one, send me a friend request and it should be there. Take you less than a minute.

Edited by Meachamp-

3 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

How do I just use a second psn?

The multiplayer is asynchronous, so just create an alternate account and send your primary a challenge. Switch accounts and voila.

36 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Is that the only trophy I need a second player for?

Pretty much! I think when you start a competition you technically need another account to send it to, but that could be anyone on your friends list. You can then participate in your own challenge. It's all pretty quick.

5 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

Can someone please send me a friennd request with a contract done so I can get "Partners in Crime"?

Edit:Already got all the Contract trophies, now I can take my time to platinum it

Sorry didn’t see your message till now good that u got the trophies done though ?

7 minutes ago, Tarsier182 said:

Will self-improvement still be obtainable?

I'm not sure but probably not if Contracts are gone. The Trophy requires an online connection, but it doesn't say if it works without the option of playing Contracts. I suggest to get the Trophy while it's still possible.