Hitman Contracts Servers Going Down (possibly permanently)

Waddlingdan

12 minutes ago, ConAir said:

I'm not sure but probably not if Contracts are gone. The Trophy requires an online connection, but it doesn't say if it works without the option of playing Contracts. I suggest to get the Trophy while it's still possible. 

Will do!

Also can someone add me as a friend so I can get partners in crime?

Even having never played a Hitman game before, and trying to figure out the controls as I did the online trophies (and being pretty bad at it), it still took less than an hour. Very very easy. I'm glad I saw this thread so I could take care of this from my backlog, in case the online servers don't come back up.

Seems like the sever has already been taken down the message "Sorry, the Hitman: Absolution Contracts server isn't available right now. Please try again later" is present when I try enter contracts mode. Looks like anyone who didn't get them by now is out of luck unless IO does manage to bring them back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jon-Patrick-S said:

Seems like the sever has already been taken down the message "Sorry, the Hitman: Absolution Contracts server isn't available right now. Please try again later" is present when I try enter contracts mode. Looks like anyone who didn't get them by now is out of luck unless IO does manage to bring them back.

Yeah, it certainly seems that way...

I was halfway done with getting the "Million Dollars" contracts trophy when I received that error message, too :(!

Let's hope that this all was just a false positive though and that they bring the servers BACK online again (since it's still not the 25th just yet).

I can confirm the above message. Tried to help my wife today to get the trophies and we were greeted by the same message.

"Sorry, the Hitman: Absolution Contracts server isn't available right now. Please try again later"

Seems like decided to close the thing 24-hours earlier? What a bummer...

Luckily I did mine a couple of days ago. ?

Dammit. I stupidly went and did every contracts trophy other than 'Self-Improvement' because I didn't realize it required online and now it's unobtainable. Welp, there's another uncompleted game on my profile. I know they said they hope to bring the servers back online but I don't see it happening.

Edited by Pyramat

16 hours ago, Pyramat said:

Dammit. I stupidly went and did every contracts trophy other than 'Self-Improvement' because I didn't realize it required online and now it's unobtainable. Welp, there's another uncompleted game on my profile. I know they said they hope to bring the servers back online but I don't see it happening.

Unlucky, but don't feel too bad as it's not really a special platinum whatsoever. It's things like that which make me always make 100% sure the trophies I've been earning that are supposedly "online" are done when I work on a game, I have two friends who got those online trophies who haven't synced yet in-case they need more online trophies that they didn't think of. 

On 5/25/2018 at 10:33 PM, Sergen said:

Congrats, now there won't have to be a petition to get the contracts server back :)

I wouldn't petition this one back. The developers already said they had no control over it, and that they would at least try to bring it back. Thanks for that sick burn though.

Edited by WorldsBestSpy

17 hours ago, Pyramat said:

Same here -- I thought the money would carry over or something. I'll check back in June -- I have a feeling that IO Interactive won't bring the servers back but I'm glad they are doing more than "oh well, sucks for you" like Activision and THQ Nordic did. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...