Hitman Contracts Servers Going Down (possibly permanently)

Waddlingdan

On 5/28/2018 at 10:30 AM, POEman553 said:

Same here -- I thought the money would carry over or something. I'll check back in June -- I have a feeling that IO Interactive won't bring the servers back but I'm glad they are doing more than "oh well, sucks for you" like Activision and THQ Nordic did. 

Wow, I guess that I also did the dumb mistake because I saw that video thinking that can you can get it on chapter 10 (and not reading the whole thing) so i just left that trophy for later (facepalm ). 

Edited by GoldenShaka

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this was something a thought might happened, so i grabbed the online trophies by the beginning of last year. Now I'm glad i did that and can get the platinum on ps3. a pity for all of you who can't go back to this one, it's an amazing game and it looks terrific. So the good thin gis that IO released a very nice ps4 version. do not hesitate to get this one

• Like 2

On 23.1.2019 at 1:23 PM, NathanDarko said:

this was something a thought might happened, so i grabbed the online trophies by the beginning of last year. Now I'm glad i did that and can get the platinum on ps3. a pity for all of you who can't go back to this one, it's an amazing game and it looks terrific. So the good thin gis that IO released a very nice ps4 version. do not hesitate to get this one

Good luck with the rest of the trophies. I got the platinum trophy last February. For me, all the online trophies were easily to get, just "Partners In Crime" was hard to get.

Because in August 2017 I added a new friend and he was the only one in my friends list with the game and with a created contract. So thanks to him I got the plat.

Kind of sad that they closed the servers. I played contracts every now and then. I'm happy I recorded my contract for my gaming channel. So it will never be gone.:D

Edited by Kirilianov
  • Like 1

On 28.1.2019 at 1:24 PM, Kirilianov said:

Good luck with the rest of the trophies. I got the platinum trophy last February. For me, all the online trophies were easily to get, just "Partners In Crime" was hard to get.

Because in August 2017 I added a new friend and he was the only one in my friends list with the game and with a created contract. So thanks to him I got the plat.

Kind of sad that they closed the servers. I played contracts every now and then. I'm happy I recorded my contract for my gaming channel. So it will never be gone.:D

Thx mate, yes I'm almost there. Just some more signature kills and a bit miscelanious work. It's an amazing game. Loved it on 360 back in those days. Guess i gonna platinum it again this year on ps4 with Bloodmoney. Even if the disguise system sucks ass in Absolution, this game is dark, gritty, brutal and so fucking cool. It's a blast and I never get tired of this franchise = ) gratz on your platinum. ( about the online trophies: I just used one of my side / fake account for the online contracts. was done within an hour everything. glad i did it. otherwiese the platinum would've been off the table. ) 

• Like 2

On 29/1/2019 at 4:55 PM, NathanDarko said:

Thx mate, yes I'm almost there. Just some more signature kills and a bit miscelanious work. It's an amazing game. Loved it on 360 back in those days. Guess i gonna platinum it again this year on ps4 with Bloodmoney. Even if the disguise system sucks ass in Absolution, this game is dark, gritty, brutal and so fucking cool. It's a blast and I never get tired of this franchise = ) gratz on your platinum. ( about the online trophies: I just used one of my side / fake account for the online contracts. was done within an hour everything. glad i did it. otherwiese the platinum would've been off the table. ) 

So, what you meant with this is that the online trophies are still obtainable?

4 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

So, what you meant with this is that the online trophies are still obtainable?

He did the online trophies a year before they shut down, so no they're not obtainable.

Is there anything we can do about this? I thought with the remaster they were sure to put the servers back on but nothing happened. Pretty upsetting tbh since they said it would be temporary, I wouldn't be annoyed if they said it was permanent.

2 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

He did the online trophies a year before they shut down, so no they're not obtainable.

Well, I asked because he wrote that on January 29, and said that he "just used" his alternate/fake account and did the contracts fine. That's why I was confused.

1 minute ago, Ghanupher said:

Well, I asked because he wrote that on January 29, and said that he "just used" his alternate/fake account and did the contracts fine. That's why I was confused.

I think it was meant as a simple action, like he "just had to use his alternate" and not tense as in "I just did this", but I understand where you're coming from

I got these online trophies a month or so before the shutdown since I didn't want locked out of any Hitman platinums. I feel for the folks who still need them. Has anyone contacted IO about the status of the servers ever coming back?

Cheers guys, no at the moment there is no way to obtain the online trophies, because the whole "contract" section is dead. To be honest i don't think that IO will put any effort in opening the servers again for the ps3 version now they released the HD version :-/ 

It's a bad thing for all those gamers who already started this list as this might be an incomplete entry now. For all those who haven't started jet, don't hesitate to play the HD version on PS4, this game is a blast!!!. 

Greetings, Nate

Well, that's a real bummer. Just a few months ago bought the professional edition of the game, but never played it in my PS3. So no harm done, I guess. It is sad nonetheless that I will never use it (at least in my main account).

Also have it in the "Ultimate  Stealth Triple Pack" compilation. In regards to that compilation, does anyone know which of the three games is installed directly? I wouldn't like it to be Hitman now.

Edited by Ghanupher

I'm the worst in this thread, I played the game back in 2014 then left it to collect dust on my shelf. Found out about the server shutdown AFTER it happened and then learned it would have only taken an hour to knock out all the trophies. FML!

Hopefully they bring them back! I just pray they meant it when they said 'temporarily' although with their split from Square, it might be more complicated now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

No it doesn't. Every person who posted in there is not a staff member or anything to do with the game, it's a few people speculating/saying the servers won't be back up.

I sent an email to IO Interactive last week, but I still haven’t received an answer except for the typical automatic message. In that message, they recommend me to look for information in that official forum, so I don’t know what else can be done...

2 minutes ago, Desavenencia said:

I sent an email to IO Interactive last week, but I still haven’t received an answer except for the typical automatic message. In that message, they recommend me to look for information in that official forum, so I don’t know what else can be done...

I'd edit your original post because it's very clickbaity/false information.

I honestly don't think these servers are coming back: it's been nearly a year, they were making virtually no money off of the ps3 version of the game, and the real nail in the coffin is: the game just came out on PS4 so they're not going to come back to the ps3 version. 

It sucks but I think the outlook is grim.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, when pretty much every "online server" on any last/older gen gets down it's also down for good. I assume there is no exception here either. I always been dreaming of something like 1 month where they open servers again on ALL PS3 games as an opportunity for trophy hunters to get their missed trophies.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 18/4/2019 at 2:29 PM, ELVIN_THE_LION said:

Im missing one online trophie for the plat........i bet they are still taking sales from the ps3 version !!!!  i dont cheat but if i could hack my last trophie i would because the server is never ever coming back on 1f911.png ...........gutted                   

If we hack those trophies sometime, we'll be banned here on PSN Profiles, right?

Edited by Harim_Abed
Grammar