Hitman Contracts Servers Going Down (possibly permanently)

Waddlingdan

2 hours ago, Harim_Abed said:

And so, how will we get those trophies if it's not possible anymore...?

If you're a trophy hunter, you'll get an incomplete game on your list without being your fault?

If you're that worried about it, generally you do your homework on online trophy availability before starting the game and at this point, after dozens of ps3 servers have gone offline, you have only yourself to blame for not getting them already. Consider anything online on ps3 to be on borrowed time.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harim_Abed said:

If you're a trophy hunter, you'll get an incomplete game on your list without being your fault?

You don't.

It is your fault, you started the game 5 years ago, so you had plenty of time to get them.

IMO, If you hack trophies, your entire account becomes invalid. Once someone has hacked a trophy, I don't consider a single other one legitimate. 

And no, you don't deserve an update that unlocks the trophies automatically, no matter how easy they were. 

3 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

If you're that worried about it, generally you do your homework on online trophy availability before starting the game and at this point, after dozens of ps3 servers have gone offline, you have only yourself to blame for not getting them already. Consider anything online on ps3 to be on borrowed time.

By the way, I am not a hacker and when and where did I say I'm going to hack?? It was a simple question...

Edited by Harim_Abed

19 minutes ago, Harim_Abed said:

By the way, I am not a hacker and when and where did I say I'm going to hack?? It was a simple question...

At no point did I say you were a hacker or that you were going to hack. I said, that as a trophy hunter, and after 2+ years of ps3 game servers shutting down, you should have some semblance of an idea that ps3 online trophies aren't going to be around much longer.  You, and you alone, are responsible for missing an online trophy that you've had 5 years to acquire.

Reading comprehension 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2018 at 0:04 PM, maiathewinners said:

The problem is that in my country an used game is pretty expensive, around 20€, for that price I could buy Hitman Trilogy and Absolution on sale

Where do you live that the used game is more than a new game?  It does happen from time-to-time where a new game goes on sale and is cheaper than the used copy but that is rare.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:42 PM, Harim_Abed said:

I don't understand the comment "without being your fault"?  This was a scheduled server shutdown with plenty of notice so I would say this was a good lesson to learn for you.  And, if you just purchased the game, it would be up to the buyer (that would be you!) to do their research to see if the online portion of the game is still available.  I'm not trying to be rude; your comment implies that it's everyone else's fault but your own.  Not sure if I interrupted that correctly or not but in the future, check on the games multiplayer trophies if that's a concern for you.  I can say that any PS3 game purchases at this point is at a higher risk of online trophies going offline because we are about to get into the PS5 generation next year.

Good luck my friend!

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 2:44 AM, AJ_-_808 said:

At no point did I say you were a hacker or that you were going to hack. I said, that as a trophy hunter, and after 2+ years of ps3 game servers shutting down, you should have some semblance of an idea that ps3 online trophies aren't going to be around much longer.  You, and you alone, are responsible for missing an online trophy that you've had 5 years to acquire.

Reading comprehension 

I don’t think it’s necessary to put passive aggressive comments like “reading comprehension” at the end of your posts. 

Having said that, I’ll throw in my two cents. I do a ton of research before starting any game. If you want a 100% tag you cannot afford to sit on a game or start one without being 100% sure everything is attainable.

I really like my tag, but it is extremely stressful to have to do that for every game. Self-imposed stress sucks, but I think everyone here engages in it at some level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

I don’t think it’s necessary to put passive aggressive comments like “reading comprehension” at the end of your posts.

Perhaps you'd think differently if you read the part where I answered his question and he responded back to me aggressively and with false accusations.

In that case, it is necessary because it seems he didnt bother to understand what he was reading

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Perhaps you'd think differently if you read the part where I answered his question and he responded back to me aggressively and with false accusations.

In that case, it is necessary because it seems he didnt bother to understand what he was reading

I read your response. I just think ending your post or any response for that matter with a sarcastic jab undermines any good it does. 

Since it is literally the last thing seen, it is the most recent thing in a person’s memory. You know what I mean?

Edited by VoidVictorious