Pineapple Burgers

Rasmus32100

Unless it is through a salad or a cocktail I don't like pineapple in my food. I have tried it once on a burger (you know, you can't hate it if you haven't tried it) but it is disgusting to me. It completely overrules the taste of the burger. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShepardNMDY said:

In burgers, it sounds weird. It might be tasty, but I wouldn't eat it.

On pizza though, it's fairly common, and yummy. I find it hilarious how foreigners, particularly Americans, hate it and sweet flavored pizzas in general.

One of my favorite sweet pizza flavors is called California (and, yes!... ironic that it's called that when Americans hate sweet pizzas and all):

Pizza dough, condensed milk (instead of tomato sauce), mozzarella cheese, and the toppings consist of chopped pineapples, peaches, figs and cherries.

Peaches and Cherries? Interesting :)

I have had apple slices on a pizza before. It was with ham and I enjoyed it as well. 

In Vienna I had corn on a pizza (with like 2 dozen other ingredients) and it wasn't my favourite but still quite edible. 

1 minute ago, ShepardNMDY said:

@Dr_Mayus

Corn&Bacon is probably one of my favorites. Corn alone is ok too, but not as fun as when it has bacon too. 1f60a.png

Yeah I remember it being ok but it was like 7 years ago. It also had black olives, tomato slices, a very strong cheese and some other stuff (I think spinach). It was probably the most "full" pizza I had ever eaten :D

I've seen teriyaki burgers before that have grilled pineapple in them. Never had one but it looked appetizing for the most part. My younger self would never go for things like pineapple on pizza, but my taste has expanded and now I try to branch out more so I can have all kinds of different foods ^^

e13e82a933941b42f2db49c98e3eeaef.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 5/13/2018 at 11:33 AM, ShepardNMDY said:

In burgers, it sounds weird. It might be tasty, but I wouldn't eat it.

On pizza though, it's fairly common, and yummy. I find it hilarious how foreigners, particularly Americans, hate it and sweet flavored pizzas in general. America seems to me to be the place that has the most bland and boring concept of pizza toppings in the world, which is probably what makes Americans feel prejudiced against new things that go beyond what they're used to.

Heck, the worst pizzas I have ever had in my life were in America. Florida, to be exact. They tasted like styrofoam, not even exaggerating with this statement.

One of my favorite sweet pizza flavors is called California (and, yes!... ironic that it's called that when Americans hate sweet pizzas and all):

Pizza dough, condensed milk (instead of tomato sauce), mozzarella cheese, and the toppings consist of chopped pineapples, peaches, figs and cherries.

I've had Hawaiian pizza.  That's so good.

One really good pizza place I've been to in Fort Lauderdale, FL is Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza. No pineapple there, sadly- but it's still worth trying.