This game SUCKS!

TheLastLion93

1 minute ago, rolltideroll157 said:

That's funny because it never crashed on me or had any "game breaking bugs" 1f914.png1f914.png  so it's definitely not a "broken" game lol

OK, Last thing. That is all the other people who complained about this game breaking. 

https://www.google.ca/search?q=red+dead+redemption+crashes+ps3&oq=red+dead+crashes&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l2.4057j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DonGurke93 said:

I guess I have to adress one of you fragile souls who get deeply offended over someone opinion. I've stated what the game does good and what bothers me about it the most going a bit into detail and I don't care if you think the game is 15/10 and how many times you've played it. If you can't take it I advise to to plunge your index fingers in your ears and start humming. Game is a 5/10 because half of it is good, the other is not.

Well said, im about 5 or 6 hours in and personally i think its fast turning into a yawn fest. Great if others like it, but im finding a tad dull.

My main complaint with the game isn't even the game itself: it was the hype around it. "10/10, masterpiece, groundbreaking, the game of the generation". It was none of those things for me. And I'd probably appreciated the things that were there more if I hadn't been told to expect the best of the best. It was a game that took elements from several other games, executed them perfectly, and blended those elements perfectly as well. There's not a single facet of the game I wouldn't commend, but there's nothing I'd say is revolutionary/groundbreaking or completely astounding, either. A solid 8.5 - 9/10, but no more. 

Edited by QuentinCle95
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK, Last thing. That is all the other people who complained about this game breaking. 

https://www.google.ca/search?q=red+dead+redemption+crashes+ps3&oq=red+dead+crashes&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l2.4057j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Was not saying it didn't crash on some people but if it's a broken game then that means the majority of people that play that game experience the same issues and in red deads case most people that played it didn't have crashes or game breaking bugs. Bugs sure I ran into some every game has those but never crashed or effected my game in any way as I'm sure that's how it was in most cases. 

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I think the OP could have just posted this video instead of typing all that out :P

In fairness (and IN MY OPINION) R* has never made a great game either. They make fun games that are bogged down by a lot of repetitiveness and bugs. In fact most Open World games suffer from this and it is why I wish they would just do away with them and focus on making smaller but better constructed worlds. 

I know some people like the freedom of the open world but when a game is huge and full of bugs and glitches and the best you find is a cave that has the same treasure you find all over the place...then it really isn't that fun? I know people will disagree with me but I have never found an Open World game that offered more enjoyment than a well constructed linear game. 

I agree with FFXIV being the exception. But that's an mmorpg

1 hour ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Why people hate games and still force themselves through the platinum, I'll never understand.

I ask that question myself when I see people on this website and some of my friends doing that, it's like they forget what gaming really is. I only buy games I know I will enjoy and if I can I try to platinum them... if you don't like the game why buy it in the first place? With the new God of War the answer is simple... Hey look, a 3/10 platinum with 25 hours or so, I'm gonna buy it... Oh I got the platinum but the game is trash.. #worth

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

You'd hate me then :(

:P

But 6/10 is above average so that means it is above what is considered a "good" game. It is a good score. 

I see gamers freak out when games like Skyward Sword got a 9/10. I mean for me to give a game a 9 it has to be near perfect. 10s come around like once a gaming generation...if that. 

So when I am playing Red Dead Redemption and my horse teleports into a mountain so I am now sitting inside a mountain and can't get out without restarting the game...that isn't a 10/10 game anymore :P

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, PhantomBlade19 said:

I ask that question myself when I see people on this website and some of my friends doing that, it's like they forget what gaming really is. I only buy games I know I will enjoy and if I can I try to platinum them... if you don't like the game why buy it in the first place? With the new God of War the answer is simple... Hey look, a 3/10 platinum with 25 hours or so, I'm gonna buy it... Oh I got the platinum but the game is trash.. #worth

It's one thing to question why someone would force themselves to finish a game they don't enjoy, but not every game purchase is guaranteed to be a winner. I only buy games I think I'll enjoy, but that isn't always the case. When you've played almost 500 of them (as I have), let me know if you've truly enjoyed every single one.

There are many reasons people could have bought this game, too. Liked all the games in the series up to this point, saw all the great reviews and decided to try it, want to play all the exclusives the PS4 has to offer, etc. Not necessarily having anything to do with it being an easy Platinum. 

I loved all the previous games in this series (except for maybe Ascension), so will get this one eventually. If I end up not liking it, that's just the way it goes sometimes. 

And now this:

2 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Why people hate games and still force themselves through the platinum, I'll never understand.

Some of us care too much about completing every game we add to our trophy list. It's a curse. :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

GTA or RDR do not have good writing. You might enjoy the story but the actual writing and characters is very one dimensional and that works for the populace...but McDonald's also works for the populace but that doesn't mean it is good food. 

Rockstar has a history of throwing in silly, ridiculous characters into their games. The snake oil conman in Red Dead Redemption. Seth, who is obsessed with the dead. Both were a huge contrast to John Marston himself, who I felt was not one dimensional.

That being said, I thought Red Dead Redemption was one of the best fucking westerns we ever got for a video game. I don't think any of those old Konami shoot em ups at the arcades that were western themed or anything else Rockstar put out can compare. But they did a phenomenal job at the game.

The multiplayer was something to be desired, even more so now that the servers are complete shit.

I expect Grand Theft Auto to be silly. I expect it to be ridiculous and have shallow characters with piss poor writing. Grand Theft Auto is a giant sandbox to goof around in, that's the selling point of the entire series. Grand Theft Auto V sold so well because it was big and expansive with all these activities for players to do both online and offline.

But.... to each their own.

It's just funny whenever somebody spouts an unpopular opinion on something that seems to be universally liked, that several people have to jump on them because they think it sucks.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

Rockstar has a history of throwing in silly, ridiculous characters into their games. The snake oil conman in Red Dead Redemption. Seth, who is obsessed with the dead. Both were a huge contrast to John Marston himself, who I felt was not one dimensional.

That being said, I thought Red Dead Redemption was one of the best fucking westerns we ever got for a video game. I don't think any of those old Konami shoot em ups at the arcades that were western themed or anything else Rockstar put out can compare. But they did a phenomenal job at the game.

The multiplayer was something to be desired, even more so now that the servers are complete shit.

I expect Grand Theft Auto to be silly. I expect it to be ridiculous and have shallow characters with piss poor writing. Grand Theft Auto is a giant sandbox to goof around in, that's the selling point of the entire series. Grand Theft Auto V sold so well because it was big and expansive with all these activities for players to do both online and offline.

But.... to each their own.

It's just funny whenever somebody spouts an unpopular opinion on something that seems to be universally liked, that several people have to jump on them because they think it sucks.

For me though silly works in Saints Row (one of my favourite series) but GTA takes itself super seriously sometimes...and then expects us to forget that and to act like a video game other times. The flip of tone is what throws me off. 

I mean in SR4 you are driving along listing to your radio and the Big Bad interrupts your favourite song and that is a reason you want to kill him. That is funny and works with the characters :D

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

For me though silly works in Saints Row (one of my favourite series) but GTA takes itself super seriously sometimes...and then expects us to forget that and to act like a video game other times. The flip of tone is what throws me off. 

I mean in SR4 you are driving along listing to your radio and the Big Bad interrupts your favourite song and that is a reason you want to kill him. That is funny and works with the characters :D

Insert every other Hollywood movie production ever made and you just described the entire movie in your first sentence.

I feel Hollywood especially these days has a real identity crisis. The scripts for a lot of these films are put in such a way that the characters, whom the actors play and act as, are very serious during some moments, but later on or even before those moments, there is that happy go lucky feeling that everything and anything will be alright no matter what happens.

I doubt most people give a damn about the story in Grand Theft Auto V anyway, they just want to get on GTA Online because there is lots to do, especially with the Doomsday Heist DLC that was added.

Saints Row was never meant to be taken seriously at the start anyway. I do remember the developers of the series were criticized because critics felt Saints Row was far too similar to Grand Theft Auto, back when it was all the rage in the mid - late 2000s. I haven't really played the games through yet, that's just what I recall seeing.

On 5/12/2018 at 5:30 PM, DonGurke93 said:

Never felt more disappointed in spending my money on something. The initial presentation and artistic design in this game is top notch and probably one of the best I've seen so far. Kratos is more likeable as a character and the dialogues/interactions he has with his son and the world are very interesting but once it comes to gameplay the game start to suck so much.

It's again one of those games where the devs felt the need to make another open world game and done it badly. It's like an epidemy where every game has to be open world nowadays when there is no need to. Remember those action packed fights with some puzzles and climbing sequences in between in other GoW games? Well sucks to be you if you enjoyed them because now you can ride boats from one end of the map to another. I swear to god from playing this game for about 15 hours, 10 of those were either walking a path or riding the boat. The fights are scarce and far inbetween and the enemy variety is just shite. Draugers and the damn White Walkers from Games of Thrones is what you get. Maybe 1 or 2 Trolls somewhere along the line. The pacing is just so freaking slow and horrible that I forgot what the game was even about.

Oh right, I was suppose to scatter the ashes of a dead wife, remember? Well I did remember once the boy reminded me again after shoving me down the throat that GoW is an open world game for the sixth time and as in every open world game I'm suppose to explore. So I tried to explore but apparently the game doesn't want me to so even though it told me right there to do it. Once you start any side quest you get a slap on your hands. The crappy drauger you fought after the tutorial is now level 6 and one shots you. "Wanna free that dragon? Sorry brah, you have to come back later once you level up a bit more, I don't care you killed Zeus because that Drauger is level 6 now. What? There is a rift on the path of the MAIN QUEST you opened, here, fight those 3 level 7 witches. Why would you even open that rift with the light arrows you just acquired, idiot." Whoever designed this IS an idiot. You want me to explore side quests after I completed the game then let them unlock once I'm done with it. But nope you get bombared with side quests from every angle and the boy just doesn't shut up how much he loves exploring. It's like playing a shitty RPG where everything is 50 levels above you but the main quest/path where you obliterate everything.

The camerat sucks ass too. The camera just couldn't be a bit farther away from Kratos or the FOV bigger so I can see what the heck is going on on the other 75% of the battlefield. Why would it?

All in all I just get incredibly annoyed the more I play the game. Going to give my best to plat it and forget that it even existed cause I can't return it.

I believe you need to Ahem *clears throat* 

Git gud

Edited by phoenix_shade
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

If you can't return them, and it's doable, it's a way to not feel like you completely wasted your money. Also, you can't make a valid opinion without playing the game first. So, if someone is going to talk shit about something, who better than someone who platted the game?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, er_campanario said:

... Read again my post. And what was GoW? . An action RPG game? The only good thing about this game is the graphics. Everything left has no quality, not even the enemies and the bosses. 

Wrong on all counts, it’s called evolving, you know, the thing all game series should do once they get stale (like God of War did) Everything is of amazing quality in this game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhantomBlade19 said:

I think with some games you might think you'll enjoy them, but end up finding them underwhelming when you actually play it. This was the case with Horizon Zero Dawn for me. 

17 minutes ago, Katt said:

If you can't return them, and it's doable, it's a way to not feel like you completely wasted your money. Also, you can't make a valid opinion without playing the game first. So, if someone is going to talk shit about something, who better than someone who platted the game?

If you hated every minute of doing it then it becomes a waste of time in addition to a waste of money. You definitely should play through a good chunk of a game to formulate an opinion on it, but the platinum can be overkill especially with a game like this.

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

:P

But 6/10 is above average so that means it is above what is considered a "good" game. It is a good score. 

I see gamers freak out when games like Skyward Sword got a 9/10. I mean for me to give a game a 9 it has to be near perfect. 10s come around like once a gaming generation...if that. 

So when I am playing Red Dead Redemption and my horse teleports into a mountain so I am now sitting inside a mountain and can't get out without restarting the game...that isn't a 10/10 game anymore :P

Lol no no that's not what I was referring to :P

I was referring to the grading system. I follow the school grading system when rating games whereby 5/10 is a pass( game's bad), 6/10( meh) , 7/10 (average), 8/10(good) , 9/10(very good), 10/10( perfect). 

And haha I really don't care what op or you or whomever likes. If they like clicking mayo jars that's also fine. There's no reason to argue! As for RDR, I loved it a lot and it's a shame you didn't enjoy it as much

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Lol no no that's not what I was referring to :P

I was referring to the grading system. I follow the school grading system when rating games whereby 5/10 is a pass( game's bad), 6/10( meh) , 7/10 (average), 8/10(good) , 9/10(very good), 10/10( perfect). 

I know we've discussed this before, but your grading system doesn't make any sense. :P

So according to you, there are six numbers to represent a bad game and only three ways to represent a good game. Why? 5/10 is average. IT'S THE MIDDLE NUMBER!!! :P

Edited by Undead Wolf