This game SUCKS!

TheLastLion93

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I know we've discussed this before, but your grading system doesn't make any sense. :P

So according to you, there are six numbers to represent a bad game and only three ways to represent a good game. Why? 5/10 is average. IT'S THE MIDDLE NUMBER!!! :P

Personally i'll never buy a game thats meta is under 7 unless im a die hard fan of the series

58 minutes ago, phoenix_shade said:

Personally i'll never buy a game thats meta is under 7 unless im a die hard fan of the series

Not every game developer has the resources to pay off critics like Activision does to get every Call of Duty release a 9 score or better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I know we've discussed this before, but your grading system doesn't make any sense. :P

So according to you, there are six numbers to represent a bad game and only three ways to represent a good game. Why? 5/10 is average. IT'S THE MIDDLE NUMBER!!! :P

If you use a school grading system then yes there are more numbers that equal failure than pass. A grade system doesn't make sense? Aside from many of us using slightly different scores, a 10-point scale grading system should be common ground. 

A scoring system can show more than a binary pass/fail and the other guy called 7/10 average, not 5.

Edited by TJ_Solo

Just now, TJ_Solo said:

If you use a school grading system then yes there are more numbers that equal failure than pass.

A scoring system can show more than a binary pass/fail and the other guy called 7/10 average, not 5.

Yes, because using a school grading system for video games totally makes sense...

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yes, because using a school grading system for video games totally makes sense...

It does make sense. You not liking it doesn't stop the logic from working. 

Saying "because video games" is what doesn't make sense. We use similar scales for books, movies, cars, and restaurants. "Because video games" is irrelevant.  

Just now, TJ_Solo said:

It does make sense. You not liking it doesn't stop the logic from working. 

Saying "because video games" is what doesn't make sense. We use similar scales for books, movies, cars, and restaurants. "Because video games" is irrelevant.  

A passing grade in a school setting does not = average. So no, it doesn't make sense. Not quite sure why people have such a hard time understanding this.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

A passing grade in a school setting does not = average. So no, it doesn't make sense. Not quite sure why people have such a hard time understanding this.

Your fault for trying too hard to discredit the concept. 

Edited by TJ_Solo

There's nothing wrong with grading games on a curve. I do the same thing with movies. Except, in my case, I like to think of 3/10 as average. My reasoning is that who really cares if a movie is below average, bad, or complete shit? If 5 is your average, it kinda makes 1-4 pointless. Giving yourself a wider spread allows you to separate things into tiers much more easily.

That said, I find it hard to believe the new GoW is an average game.

37 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I think it would work if you look at it as F, D-, D, D+, C-, C, C+, etc., but I agree with you in a sense that you shouldn't numerize it. All it does is cause confusion like the above. 5/10 makes way more sense visually as "average" than saying, "Yeah the game's average, 7.5/10." Saying that I give the game a "C" makes way more sense than 7.5/10.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

4 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Not every game developer has the resources to pay off critics like Activision does to get every Call of Duty release a 9 score or better.

Respectfully I find it hard to believe that the meta score isn't the most accurate representation of a games release, Moat AAA rated games have dozens of reviews averaged and I don't expect very many are directly influenced by  money. Some of the major ones no doubt have ad revenue and such to consider but 75% of the sites ive never heard of and I'm sure they aren't on the take. Moreover I consider user reviews which definitely don't get paid though are usually full of fanboys and girl as well as haters.

Edited by phoenix_shade

13 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I think the OP could have just posted this video instead of typing all that out :P

In fairness (and IN MY OPINION) R* has never made a great game either. They make fun games that are bogged down by a lot of repetitiveness and bugs. In fact most Open World games suffer from this and it is why I wish they would just do away with them and focus on making smaller but better constructed worlds. 

I know some people like the freedom of the open world but when a game is huge and full of bugs and glitches and the best you find is a cave that has the same treasure you find all over the place...then it really isn't that fun? I know people will disagree with me but I have never found an Open World game that offered more enjoyment than a well constructed linear game. 

Angry Joe? Lol he looks like Mr Grinch who stole Xmas during the interview. #Scaryface

21 hours ago, BlindMango said:

You know, reading the post it seems like they have some legitimate gripes about the game - it's just the title is so clickbait that it seems to have completely made all of that null and void for the most part, haha :dunno:

Does it work for you both ways or do you disregard only things that contradict your opinion? There is a picture in the "God of War reveiw thread" with some quotes from reviews claiming God of War is "Game of Generation" and it's a "Triumphant Reinvention" and how it's "Best God of War game". Are those reviews null and void too because those are some heavy clickbait?

• Like 4

20 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Yes both spider man and red dead 2 will be a game of the year type game. Rockstar has never made a bad game and that was 1 single qte in the spider man demo, plus literally all the footage shown of that game looks phenomenal. That's why both of these games will have this same stupid thread made by one of the 10 people that dislike those games lol

You Sir, are the most valuable customer for the games industry. Believing the hype and preordering. ? Even if the games will be outstanding, it does not mean that they'll suit everybody.

That Spiderman game only looks cool, we have no idea how it plays. Could be great, could be bad. But buying into the hype? No. For that I play video games far too long and diappointments were always part of the industry. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Katt said:

If you can't return them, and it's doable, it's a way to not feel like you completely wasted your money. Also, you can't make a valid opinion without playing the game first. So, if someone is going to talk shit about something, who better than someone who platted the game?

Pretty much this. I bought the game because I liked the previous games not because it has easy trophies. Trophies are a little bonus for me, even if the game is not good atleast I can try and go for the bonus and get my money worth for something. It does feel a bit less like I wasted my money and didn't get anything from it.

Edited by DonGurke93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

You Sir, are the most valuable customer for the games industry. Believing the hype and preordering. 1f601.png Even if the games will be outstanding, it does not mean that they'll suit everybody.

That Spiderman game only looks cool, we have no idea how it plays. Could be great, could be bad. But buying into the hype? No. For that I play video games far too long and diappointments were always part of the industry. 

We have seen more than enough to make a judgement on what spider man will play like. And it will be no less than an 8/10 for me. Also insomniacs track record is exceptional when it comes to making great games. I don't know what games you buy in to hype wise that has disappointed to make you this cautious but that's a you problem because I only buy into the hype when it's a guarantee that it will be a damn good game.

On 12/05/2018 at 11:30 PM, DonGurke93 said:

Never felt more disappointed in spending my money on something. 

Wow, your life must rule.

What I'm trying to say is, while I thought the game was definitely mediocre (7/10 in my opinion, in the end) with pretty much the same gripes that you have (I can think of a couple more actually, like the whole story feeling like a setup for a trilogy - this whole story should've been just the prologue and chapter one of the game) - point being, it's not nearly the most disappointed I've ever been with spending money. That statement isn't even true for me if I only count game purchases.

But yeah, in my opinion the game doesn't deserve all the 10/10s either. It looks good and has a decent (intro to a) story, it's what reviewers gobble up these days. Cheers to those who honestly love the game, I thought it was too slow and just the first third of a full story.

On 13/05/2018 at 0:12 AM, dakk55 said:

Dad jokes is what makes this GOW the best.

I would love if this was. The next God of War game! Gratuitous violence tempered by terrible Dad jokes  Video Game Meme #geek #gaming #gamer #gamermeme #godofwar

That's right up there with the Rick Grimes dad jokes and @DadJokeHanSolo. I love a good bad dad joke.

Sorry but you sound like a salty guy who's just not capable of the combat system. If you play on normal or even on hard the game is a piece of cake if you ever touched a soulslike game. After a couple of fights and unlocked abilities you get used to the combat, the enemies moveset and combos you can perform to burst or stunlock most of them. The rifts are quite tough, but compared to the valkyries, who are the only challenge in the game, the aren't that hard as well.

Edited by Silencer0004

7 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

Seriously why people complaining so much about God of War 2018 when it's actually a awesome game? I don't see anything wrong with it.

... Because of opinions. It's how I can say I loved The Last Jedi and @Super-Fly Spider-Guy can say he hated it, or how I can say science fiction is a great genre and soap opera isn't while my wife says it's the other way around and none are in the wrong because that's how opinions work. If you thought God Of War was flawless, cheers and don't let me feeling that the game was mediocre with good packaging keep you from feeling the game was amazing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

Sorry but you sound like a salty guy who's just not capable of the combat system. If you play on normal or even on hard the game is a piece of cake if ever touched a soulslike game. After a couple of combats and unlocked abilities you get used to the combat, the enemies moveset and combos you can perform to burst or stunlock most of them. The rifts are quite tough, but compared to the valkyries, who are the only challenge in the game, the aren't that hard as well.

Uh What?