Desolation of Mordor: Baranor the Conqueror Trophy

Baranor the Conqueror Video Guide on Nemesis Difficulty

Spoiler

Complete the Desolation of Mordor with a Gold Rating. Baranor the Conqueror Trophy / Achievement will unlock afterwards. The Min Difficulty recommended is Nemesis. I recommend completing one playthrough before making your attempt. The 2nd playthrough will be a speed run. All the skills will be unlock and ready to purchase plus any artifacts you may have found will be available to use at the start of a new run. The High Score is based around a multiplier. The Multiplier is Min Difficulty and Run Time. If you choose Nemesis Difficulty, just keep in mind you don't want the total time to go too much past 90 mins. Until more ppl comment down below with their run time just try to stay under 90 mins. If you choose a higher difficulty, the high score at the end won't be a problem. I wanted to do a guide with the Min Difficulty required "Nemesis" 

Edited by A_B_Y_S_S_1
  • Like 1

90 minutes very likely is too slow actually.  My second run (first on nemesis) was 84 minutes and I was only at 205k of the 225k you need to get gold.  60 to 70 minutes is probably the best.  75 to 80 is pushing it but should be doable for 225k.  My 45 minute run netted me 282k and wasn't very hard to do.  Both of those nemesis runs netted me around the same xp points, it's the time multiplier that seems to have the most effects on your score.  Once you hit a certain threshold for time it actually hurts your score.  My first run was over 4 hours and I only managed 7k points despite killing everything on the map for xp.  Score was way less than my xp total.

If you're stuck with the base 1500 coins starting out it might be beneficial to do an easy run as fast as possible (45 minutes or less if you use the outpost cycle trick to keep from having to have merc in each one) and save every coin you can so you can start nemesis with enough to buy an epic right off the bat.

Edited by Snake2410

The way that I did this was pretty much as above but I did a normal run and all the artefacts first which got me the bronze augment ( earned a massive 6958 !) , then did a nemesis run and not worry too much about the time as this netted the silver augment which helps with Might. When I did my gold run I exited the game after each outpost completed and backed up to USB. Then went back into the game and allowed myself to be killed as it gave me a time check. Reload from USB and do next outpost. I managed to do the 5 outposts in 36 minutes. Add the augments you get from the captains immediately and invest your skill points into number of health pack x 2, 1 on outer gate ( so you can get a good start on the fort ) and the majority in concussion/poison/fire bombs ( as these worked a treat & the main part of my attack strategy) and fill up when ever needed. My run took 51 minutes with a score of 271K. ( And I lost 45 secs due to the strange glitch where Baranor disappeared and no menus worked )

The only "luck" aspect is which augments are dropped.......In Gold run, I had one that allowed me to heal all nearby allies when I used a help pack which was invaluable, I had one that added might on every critical hit which allowed me to do successive executions on captains and had one in silver run that gave 300% + damage to stealth. Another good one was freezing enemies from a concussion bomb. So exploit the augments you are given.

Easterlings - I invested my coin in the ones costing 2400, but had one legendary (4800) and one at 1200, did not have a bodyguard and as well as the outposts killed one other captain.

I found as I was also getting quickly used to the nemesis difficulty and how to handle it. Hope this helps.

On 5/13/2018 at 5:03 PM, Snake2410 said:

90 minutes very likely is too slow actually.  My second run (first on nemesis) was 84 minutes and I was only at 205k of the 225k you need to get gold.  60 to 70 minutes is probably the best.  75 to 80 is pushing it but should be doable for 225k.  My 45 minute run netted me 282k and wasn't very hard to do.  Both of those nemesis runs netted me around the same xp points, it's the time multiplier that seems to have the most effects on your score.  Once you hit a certain threshold for time it actually hurts your score.  My first run was over 4 hours and I only managed 7k points despite killing everything on the map for xp.  Score was way less than my xp total.

If you're stuck with the base 1500 coins starting out it might be beneficial to do an easy run as fast as possible (45 minutes or less if you use the outpost cycle trick to keep from having to have merc in each one) and save every coin you can so you can start nemesis with enough to buy an epic right off the bat.

The only reason I said 90 mins was because of the post I saw on another forum and they were able to get it. That's a good tip with the epic right away

So I'm planning to get my 100% back for this game but is it really that hard to get:

Baranor the Conqueror
Complete the Desolation of Mordor with a Gold Rating.

I've checked out the leaderboards and I see many people stuck on 97% who didn't complete this specific trophy.

I've also read somewhere you can cloudsave abuse after capturing each tower? Is this also true? If so that would make this trophy 10 times easier I suppose

3 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

So I'm planning to get my 100% back for this game but is it really that hard to get:

Baranor the Conqueror
Complete the Desolation of Mordor with a Gold Rating.

I've checked out the leaderboards and I see many people stuck on 97% who didn't complete this specific trophy.

I've also read somewhere you can cloudsave abuse after capturing each tower? Is this also true? If so that would make this trophy 10 times easier I suppose

I had to take a break after getting fed up with losing a lot of progress after getting killed. The story itself is pretty short otherwise, though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Yes, you can. It's what I did, although I never actually needed to load any of those saves as I ended up getting everything done fast.

Best advice I can give is trying to get used to playing on nemesis. Just abuse the hell out of the arrows you get. Use poison and fire against the uruk captains and to build up your combos so you can use finishers against them. Additionally, getting bodyguards early is very important, as they make the fights easier for you.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IDiivil said:

Yes, you can. It's what I did, although I never actually needed to load any of those saves as I ended up getting everything done fast.

Best advice I can give is trying to get used to playing on nemesis. Just abuse the hell out of the arrows you get. Use poison and fire against the uruk captains and to build up your combos so you can use finishers against them. Additionally, getting bodyguards early is very important, as they make the fights easier for you.

Sounds like everything I don't like in a game when it comes to rushing. I just stress way too hard when it comes to this. Though it's good to know I can save after every tower to get faster times each run. That should be doable I think.

strangely enough I got this trophy the first time I played on Nemesis difficulty (previous run was on easy). Played all the story missions again and grabbed all the artifacts. Captured all 5 outposts and then went straight for the Fortress without drawing out any of the warchiefs. Ended up with 236K points and a time of 1h20m. I was hella surprised when the trophy popped as this was my practice run... (was expecting a silver) 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
45 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Out of curiosity how does the timing work? Is it just your time in outposts and the siege or is it everything in between? 

I'm gonna knock off the siege tonight on my first run and then crack on with the rest.

If I recall correctly, the timer only stops when you pause the game or a window opens to explain a new mechanic. Basically, once you start the DLC run you are on the clock until all objectives are complete. This is why it is recommended to do a run through to unlock everything and complete the story missions first then go for the Gold rating in another run.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...