Monster Hunter Film ..

So how is this going to work... I mean how?  Has anyone eles seen anything about this

Monster Hunter Film To Go Into Production In September, Starring Milla Jovovich..

sure she seems to 'be the goto actor for almost "every videogame to film" lol. Or just resi films

but.... Ive no idea how they'd pull this one off.  - same director who' did the r.e film series. And i guess they are just useing the same mentality...

" Monster Hunter is meant to be a film series, much like resident evil"

The first thing one thinks about is how do they write-in the "loop" feel in the movie. Or do they just try to flesh out the non-existent storyline in Monster Hunter World? Although I really don't know much about the MH lore, so there could be enough story there.

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Although I really don't know much about the MH lore, so there could be enough story there.

Definitely not in the games. I mean, yeah, they kinda had a zombie theme in MH4U, but they didn't do anything special with it. It was just a monster we had to kill in the end.

The wiki doesn't have a huge lore section for the MH series either.

Haven't watched the anime, there might be remnants of lore there. Wouldn't count on it, though, MH is not about lore.

If done well, I'd definitely want that. But I kinda doubt it. MH isn't known for its great story or well-written and interesting characters. When I think of MH and a story/characters, wasted potential is the first thing that comes to mind.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

It's Paul WS Anderson so it'll be garbage regardless, guy hasn't made a good movie since Event Horizon, in fact it's the only good movie he's made, although the first Resi movie had it's moments.  He's married to Milla, hence why she's cast...again!   

Oh great, another movie where Milla can Mary Sue her way through the whole plot while there are slow motion shots of her ass for Paul's amusement. How exciting. One can only hope this gets canned before any real work can be done on it.

I really have to wonder if there’s a single person who is genuinely excited to see this movie. Sure it’ll probably make good money as Andersons films have been consistently successful in China in particular, but i can’t imagine even those guys being genuinely hyped to see it.

On 5/13/2018 at 5:37 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

So how is this going to work... I mean how?  Has anyone eles seen anything about this

Monster Hunter Film To Go Into Production In September, Starring Milla Jovovich..

sure she seems to 'be the goto actor for almost "every videogame to film" lol. Or just resi films

but.... Ive no idea how they'd pull this one off.  - same director who' did the r.e film series. And i guess they are just useing the same mentality...

" Monster Hunter is meant to be a film series, much like resident evil"

This is how:

They make a film where the plot is people travel to a "World", could be virtual, another planet or just an island, and "Hunt Monsters" for whatever motivation they want to introduce. Hollywood can rinse and repeat that plot as many times as they want.

Who gives a fuck for trying to make it in any kind of synchronicity with some "video game"? This is a whole different audience with all different expectations.

3. Profit.

Have you read any Monster Hunter manga? Highly recommend it - some of them are quite short and very interesting.

I can imagine the movie being pretty damn good...but not with Milla Jovovich...there ain't no Umbrella Corp girl.

you have no idea how pissed I Was when I saw Mortal Kombat.  it was lame as heck.  that's one hour and a half I can't get back.  no, I will not be seeing this monster hunter movie.

oh, check this out.  how is this gonna be interesting???  no, it is not interesting to me.  
"The central characters are very relatable American characters. You take a person from the ordinary world who thinks they’re in a dead-end job, they have no future, they feel like their life’s a failure, it’s going nowhere, like Keanu Reeves in The Matrix. It’s about a normal American who gets dragged into this parallel world, this Monster Hunter world. Then eventually the parallel world ends up coming to our world. So you have the creatures from the Monster Hunter world invading our world."

https://kotaku.com/milla-jovovich-starring-in-live-action-monster-hunter-m-1826003293

19 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Oh great, another movie where Milla can Mary Sue her way through the whole plot while there are slow motion shots of her ass for Paul's amusement. How exciting. One can only hope this gets canned before any real work can be done on it.

It will get made given the popularity of this game.  I know I Won't spend my money on that movie.  whatever, one more thing to ignore.  :D

Not gonne put my judgement up yet.

I mean, if the same movie was about to come out with a different title (not game related), people might be stoked to see it and it could be awesome.

The main thing that drives people off at this moment, is the movie being "Monster Hunter".

Let's just wait for the first photo's, trailer, and so on.