EDIT: Made OP out of Anger and Rage

Ok so I deleted the original post and am editing it with this one..

yah its not a bad game and def nowhere the worst one ive ever played..

I simply was mad and pushed into RAGE by Chapter 14-2..

so I apologize to those enthusiasts and fans of the Vania Series...

Been a huge fan since I was a kid and have had many different additions from the franchise...

in my defense tho.. weve all been there and have been pushed to our limits from a game before.. it happens to the best of us..

and cmon... Chapter 14-2, The Forgotten one on Paladin mode.. shit aint exactly easy ya know lol

Edited by Asentiff
  • Like 2

Lesson here is to not make topics when a game has you in rage mode...

that's my fault..

but I will say this

Story wise its impressive

visually gorgeous

has a great orchestral soundtrack

voice acting is great

ut fuck man.. the mechanics, fighting sytem.. crap.. utter utter crap

of course part of the issue is ive been struggling with the forgotten assclown fight 2 all damn morning on Paladin mode and has me in a rage

I take all the warrented criticism

I liked this game, it was very good imo. It didnt copy GoW gameplay entirely and it added some interesting elements on its own which made the gameplay a bit unique in a way.

Also Hideo Kojima helped with this game developement so what more there is to say than if you like GoW-like slashers its a must play :D

Another opinion thread. Do you know how old this Castlevania franchise? Even GoW developer wasn't in his/her dad's mind when Castlevania was around. If this forum was belongs to CLoS 2 you would be absoluetly right. But first game is stands out on it's own. I agree gameplay is not ground breaking but story and presentation was it's selling point in the first place.

Ive been playing Castlevania since the original on NES.. had you actually read the topic and its comments I agreed to all your points Johncnstntn..

I made this topic in the heat of rage.. weve all been ther be it from this game or any game for that matter... like I said I am due the critiscm for so hastily making this post... so ill take that punishment...

• Like 1

Still can't push myself finish all trials on this account either. Some parts of this game I dislike too. Most sad I only need one trial for each chapter to get 100%, but the game takes one breath to complete, amazing immersion and dope story, like good old fairy with most strong morale.

I can relate. I platted this game back when it came out and it was pretty frustrating even then. Did the first DLC a year ago and the gameplay put me off so much it took me another year to get to the second DLC, which I did a few weeks ago. The second DLC pretty much broke my FuckKonami-o-meter.

To be fair, the game was quite enjoyable back when it came out. I remember liking most parts of it despite some of the more annoying parts.Its mechanics weren't that bad compared to other 2010 games and back then it was audiovisually quite pleasing.

@Asentiff I think it's okay to voice your opinion about something in a thread as long as you are having a discussion. For example, you had a pretty lengthy post about how you didn't like the mechanic, which I thought was fine. I guess at the end of it, all you really needed was to add, "What were your thoughts on the game? Do you agree with my opinion?" to actually add a discussion. Now, if you just wanted to bitch to everyone about it and let your opinion be heard and didn't want to discuss, then you should have just made it as a status update or something like that. I think sometimes we forget the point of having a thread opened in the first place.

To stay OT: I've never played the game. Can't say if it's good or bad, but I wouldn't mind trying it if it ever came to PS+. It sounds like most people actually enjoyed it.