Saving during speedrun

Do you guys think it would be wise to save at all during the game when doing the A rank speedrun?. Personally, I don't like the section in which you fight Nosferatu as it can be very easy to die and the sniper can be hard to use sometimes. Another section would be where you have to smash the crystal ball to receive the key card as that part can be tricky and I'd hate to die there and go far back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2018 at 4:00 AM, ObligatedOctopus said:

Do you guys think it would be wise to save at all during the game when doing the A rank speedrun?. Personally, I don't like the section in which you fight Nosferatu as it can be very easy to die and the sniper can be hard to use sometimes. Another section would be where you have to smash the crystal ball to receive the key card as that part can be tricky and I'd hate to die there and go far back.

As far as I can remember you can't save at all to get an A rank.

If the PS4 version of the game is anything like all the other versions then you can save once I think when you crash with the plane and it asks you if you want to save. I believe it's because the game on GameCube was on 2 discs and they used that version to port the game to other platforms or something.

I did play CVX on PS3 however and used that save and still got Rank A.

I just checked on PST guide, you CAN use that free save.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

On 26/05/2018 at 2:27 AM, DizzyDavidson said:

If the PS4 version of the game is anything like all the other versions then you can save once I think when you crash with the plane and it asks you if you want to save. I believe it's because the game on GameCube was on 2 discs and they used that version to port the game to other platforms or something.

I did play CVX on PS3 however and used that save and still got Rank A.

I just checked on PST guide, you CAN use that free save.

Yes, that one save you can use, I was talking about regular savings with the ink ribbons, you can't use those at all for the A rank.