[Rumor/Joke] FF7Remake will be released by 2023.

[Update: According to the Lifestream user who posted the transcript, the lengthy timeline jab was made in jest. We're still waiting on Square Enix's comment.]

But it could come sooner

While it's far from confirmed, I think we all could have expected that theFinal Fantasy VII Remake is nowhere near done.

After hearing that the project has switched hands at least once and the team is basically re-imagining the entire premise, now, according to a behind closed doors conversation between producer Yoshinori Kitase and development lead Naoki Hamaguchi at the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary celebration event, we have a guesstimated release window. It's...drumroll...by 2023, the 35th anniversary of Final Fantasy. Hamaguchi seemingly finds this unacceptable, so the team is working to have it out earlier, but that could be a very probably reality.

The transcript was obtained by someone attending the event, and we've reached out to Square Enix to corroborate the statement (and if they could have been referring to "all of the episodes" in this episodic release), and to get a possible updated release window. For now, that window could be "by 2023." If they don't offer a comment we'll probably get some sort of update during Square Enix's pre-recorded E3 video.

I think I speak for a large portion of onlookers by saying: "2023 is fine if it's done right, and could possibly get rid of the whole episodic angle."

Thoughts?

Source: https://www.destructoid.com/the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-allegedly-be-released-by-2023-502866.phtml

Edited by soultaker655

13 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

This was taken from ResetEra, huh? Lol that explains everything

shots fired. Why don't you like them haha?

7 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

While it doesn't surprise me that it would get delayed or the rumor is just that, a rumor. However, Shigeru had a point.

Technically not a delay, my man! They haven't given a date yet.

Just now, linkdevivo said:

shots fired. Why don't you like them haha?

Basically it's NeoGAF, which was a forum full of pretentious people (with lack of better words) who mostly don't play games and instead talk about them in a way that makes them think of themselves as "industry insiders". They also ban anyone who has a differing opinion to almost a comical degree. 

So needless to say I've always had quite the opinion on them xD 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Basically it's NeoGAF, which was a forum full of pretentious people (with lack of better words) who mostly don't play games and instead talk about them in a way that makes them think of themselves as "industry insiders". They also ban anyone who has a differing opinion to almost a comical degree. 

So needless to say I've always had quite the opinion on them xD 

Might I add I'm fairly sure they invented ResetEra because one of the main guys running NeoGAF was outed as a paedophile or something. 

• Like 2

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it doesn't come out till like 2030 or something. xD I don't mind waiting for perfection (I prefer it actually, nothing worse than a rushed game full of glitches), but the last time I waited for "perfection", they released XV... whaaat3 onion head

2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I'm honestly confused why they're taking such an enormous risk by making it a completely different game though. All they really needed to do, was update the graphics, fix some of the translation, and add in a little more story to bridge some of the small gaps in the narrative they made with Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus. Some extra dungeons or characters would have been nice too, but not even necessary. Changing the gameplay, the characters, and the story, for one of the most popular games of all time, just seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Exactly. Every time I hear something new about this game, it just makes me less hyped for it. bad atmosphere onion head Although I already lost most of my hope in it when they scrapped the turn-based combat. <_< 

• Like 2

You mean the complete edition? yeah it'll take about that long for everything to come out. Dont forget it will come out in episodes. :)

FFXV came out November 29, 2016~ theres still stuff coming out for it.. FF7 remake is huge! So 2023 with every content release over time. Sure sounds legit!

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

This is Square Enix we're talking about, so wouldn't be surprised if it actually was released in 2023.

I'm still waiting on a Final Fantasy 6 release. But that will probably never happen because hardly anyone cares about the classics anymore.

Oh Square Enix, how you have fallen.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm still waiting on a Final Fantasy 6 release. But that will probably never happen because hardly anyone cares about the classics anymore.

Oh Square Enix, how you have fallen.

Final Fantasy VI needs no remake - it’s perfect!

• Like 1