[Rumor/Joke] FF7Remake will be released by 2023.

I don't know if it's a joke or not but if it's true then I really wish Square would just shut their mouths and keep the work quiet. It's always good to get news about games that have been announced but they set up for disappointment all the time. 

An announcement 3 years ago was it? Now, nowhere near to completion and it's rumored to be released in another 5 years? I wish they would take note of Western developers methods, a few months before release announce it but no longer than a year or two. By the time news comes out you kind of lose interest because it takes nearly a decade for them to get stuff done.

• Like 1

For whatever reason, I thought this had already come out. I mean, you would think it had come out since the time it was first announced until now. Guess I was probably confusing it with something else.

That 2023 release date definitely sounds like an exaggeration... Unless they are trying to beat Duke Nukem Forever and Too Human as the game with the longest development period ever. They are still short on that though >_>

At this rate Square will go under and be bought out by THQ before FF7-RM gets released. Honestly I think a remake of the original game would've been 10x more interesting but considering that until 15, 7 was almost always regarded as the best one it makes more sense money wise to remake that and draaaaaaaag that shit out for as long as you can before releasing to make the most dosh possible. 

On 5/14/2018 at 9:47 AM, Lance_87 said:

Should've made that quote BEFORE the release of Duke Nukem Forever, not AFTER...

Duke Nukem Forever went through 'Development Hell' which is a whole lot different than simply being delayed. The game was canned multiple times by several different studios before Gearbox salvaged the excuse of a game we got. Miyamoto's quote doesn't really apply to those cases.

Edited by MeteorHawk