Never saw this coming

You

Looks like Metal Gear isn't going to survive as a franchise :D. You kind of know a game franchise is dying when they have to make a zombie spin-off game, reminds me of Ninja Gaiden which had Yaiba and now the franchise is truly dead. 

• Like 3

Yeah I'm a huge MGS fan and even I didn't buy this shit.

EDIT: Apparently it's a 0.89% plat on PSNP, but I'm guessing that's not because of difficulty/grind but due to a low player base, most of whom couldn't be bothered to finish it. I also couldn't find a single written trophy guide for this game lol.

Edited by Zolkovo

37 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Yeah I'm a huge MGS fan and even I didn't buy this shit.

EDIT: Apparently it's a 0.89% plat on PSNP, but I'm guessing that's not because of difficulty/grind but due to a low player base, most of whom couldn't be bothered to finish it. I also couldn't find a single written trophy guide for this game lol.

As far as I heard it is grindy to level up and get materials to create every weapon.

Still, if you watched any "gameplay" from it it begs the question of how did anyone stand the borefest that is killing those braindead zombies and gathering their "kuban energy" for 3 years each.

• Like 1

The best gameplay to watch is Jim Sterling's. Which always makes me laugh, poking down at zombies slowly lower than you due to terrible AI and game design mechanics which is obviously what might happen if you force melee combat into a sneaking simulator.

Ill pick this up when its 10 bucks, just like MvCi. Dont think its a good waste of 10 bucks but meh. Personally never played a MGS game but fuck Konami still and I'm glad they're realizing no one wants to pay full price for their neutered games that are a bastardization of the franchise.

11 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Ill pick this up when its 10 bucks, just like MvCi. Dont think its a good waste of 10 bucks but meh. Personally never played a MGS game but fuck Konami still and I'm glad they're realizing no one wants to pay full price for their neutered games that are a bastardization of the franchise.

Just careful, the game is riddled with microtransactions and requires an always online connection, even for single player. And by the time you buy it on the cheap (it's probably already cheap right now) the online is probably going to be dead with very few people around.

If you do want this game, I suggest buying it immediately before the game fades further into obscurity.

It might even become free on PS+ one month like the other two MGS5 games were.

Alternatively, avoid this game like cancer.

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

I pause, look him in the eyes and say " Do you actually play video games??"

Lol xD this was actually hilarious to read. I can totally imagine that happening. The worst thing for me is when they try to convince me to buy protection for games. 

Though I'm fortunate that they never push me to buy new games or anything like that. It's just that protection thing they like to push annoys me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

Lol xD this was actually hilarious to read. I can totally imagine that happening. The worst thing for me is when they try to convince me to buy protection for games. 

Though I'm fortunate that they never push me to buy new games or anything like that. It's just that protection thing they like to push annoys me! 

I agree, the protection thing is a complete joke.

I've found that with the massive turnover Gamestop has most employees can only regurgitate what they hear but their actual gamer knowledge is limited to one franchise, typically Overwatch/Fortnite/CoD.

In my opinion this is a perfect example of knowing facts (Metal Gear is a dominant franchise) but not knowing what's going on (Konami's bastardization of the brand after Kojima left).

5 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Why would you buy it then?? :hmm:

There are like 6 other MGS games that are way better and more deserving of your time.

And btw. The whole fuck Konami movement is about not buying their games.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Sergen said:

You kind of know a game franchise is dying when they have to make a zombie spin-off game

this made me think of Yakuza Dead Souls... not that the saga is dead, like 4 more yakuzas spawned after that, but it still sells poorly outside of japan.

Gamestop must be suffering in general since a lot of games made now are digital only and a lot of games, Metal Gear Survive included are sold as retail but are online only. The amount of games that have DLC, online passes or the servers are now dead. Must be a massive headache for second hand shops in general.

Gamestop must knowingly stock a whole ton of PS3 games that are broken in many ways now due to their being no servers and/or delisted DLC.

8 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

I agree, the protection thing is a complete joke.

I've found that with the massive turnover Gamestop has most employees can only regurgitate what they hear but their actual gamer knowledge is limited to one franchise, typically Overwatch/Fortnite/CoD.

In my opinion this is a perfect example of knowing facts (Metal Gear is a dominant franchise) but not knowing what's going on (Konami's bastardization of the brand after Kojima left).

Yea not only that actually but I remember the cashier was dissuading me from buying the ps4 pro as my first ps4 console. I don't remember his exact words but he was telling me how it's not worth it. I still stuck with my decision and lol I was able to see his frustration build up.  Idk what was up with him haha. 

Perhaps there was a limited stock? Perhaps they wanted to clear the base ps4s since it was on sale?

Edited by PooPooBlast

5 hours ago, Stardew Shelly said:

Why would you buy it then?? :hmm:

There are like 6 other MGS games that are way better and more deserving of your time.

And btw. The whole fuck Konami movement is about not buying their games.

I was gonna reply that to him...

Metal Gear Survive is worth exactly $0. Is a mobile game with a mobile game economy.

The guy should probably buy MGS Legacy Collection. Much more worth the time.

4 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Yea not only that actually but I remember the cashier was dissuading me from buying the ps4 pro as my first ps4 console. I don't remember his exact words but he was telling me how it's not worth it. I still stuck with my decision and lol I was able to see his frustration build up.  Idk what was up with him haha. 

Perhaps there was a limited stock? Perhaps they wanted to clear the base ps4s since it was on sale?

Allow me to 'splain. From the majority of their experiences people come in expecting to spend a very specific dollar amount on consoles. The Gamestop employees also have to sell protection/warranties. By talking you into buying a less expensive comparable product you will now be able to buy that warranty.  .  .

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 3:06 AM, Stardew Shelly said:

It's almost as if people don't feel like giving their money to incompetent, souleating monkeys...

...Sorry, that was way too harsh. I hereby apologize to every monkey/ape that felt offended by my statement.

I'll be giving my money to them for ZOE2 VR [whatever the full title is]. Honestly kinda want Bomberman too when that comes out. I personally like supporting when a company does things I like them to do. Otherwise, what incentive do they have to do the things I want them to do? If i don't support it, then I have no right to complain they don't do what I want.

I don't begrudge others for wanting to just outright stick it to a company though. Not my money.

As for this game, I didn't realize it came out. Nobody's talked about it anywhere I've been visiting.

3 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

Allow me to 'splain. From the majority of their experiences people come in expecting to spend a very specific dollar amount on consoles. The Gamestop employees also have to sell protection/warranties. By talking you into buying a less expensive comparable product you will now be able to buy that warranty.  .  .

Smart! And you know what? I didn't buy the warranty xD

Despite all this I still love my local eb games. They're nice people and I understand it's a business.