any good dlc stuff to help me on harder stuff

DEATHWISH1988REF

hi everyone im going to get into this game soon 

i did plat 1 n 2 and finally ill get into 3 

besides awakening what are worthwhile dlc weapon that can help me on the harder playthrough and what's THE best setup 

like in 2 the supernova pack was good so is there anything like that on 3  and is the bot stuff even worth it 

should i do the co op stuff 1st cuz if im online then i won't be able to do the devils horn trick right ?!?!?

I'm curious about this myself. 

I'm currently doing a hard playthrough with a friend just for fun really and have ok guns but nothing amazing. 

I think you are alright to do the devil horns exploit as long as you don't have the awakening dlc installed but I'm not 100% sure if there is anything else that voids it. 

20 minutes ago, DEATHWISH1988REF said:

hi everyone im going to get into this game soon 

i did plat 1 n 2 and finally ill get into 3 

besides awakening what are worthwhile dlc weapon that can help me on the harder playthrough and what's THE best setup 

like in 2 the supernova pack was good so is there anything like that on 3  and is the bot stuff even worth it 

should i do the co op stuff 1st cuz if im online then i won't be able to do the devils horn trick right ?!?!?

14 minutes ago, MIKEY-L-666 said:

I'm curious about this myself. 

I'm currently doing a hard playthrough with a friend just for fun really and have ok guns but nothing amazing. 

I think you are alright to do the devil horns exploit as long as you don't have the awakening dlc installed but I'm not 100% sure if there is anything else that voids it. 

I didn't use any DLC weapons as the in-game Devil's Horns is the best with nearly unlimited ammo and 1-hit kill. If you don't install the patch it's possible to use it on all difficulties after it's unlocked. Co-op stuff is easily done with some of the endgame weapons and blueprints, especially crafting a weapon with 2 rocket launchers is powerful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I didn't use any DLC weapons as the in-game Devil's Horns is the best with nearly unlimited ammo and 1-hit kill. If you don't install the patch it's possible to use it on all difficulties after it's unlocked. Co-op stuff is easily done with some of the endgame weapons and blueprints, especially crafting a weapon with 2 rocket launchers is powerful.

Thanks! 

I got the digital version and I think the patch is already installed which is annoying. Can easily delete it though from the game data utility. 

Just now, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Thanks! 

I got the digital version and I think the patch is already installed which is annoying. Can easily delete it though from the game data utility. 

No, for digital games you have to delete the entire game as the patch is merged with it. IIRC the patch won't download automatically on the PS3, but it's been so long since I played on it I could be wrong :hmm: .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can do the devils horn glitch and get to the first work bench and store it in there, patch the game and then play coop with it, I played hardcore in coop using the devils horn

ahhh i see , that what i wanted hear  err ... read 

ok ill try out that plan then  , so there is no weapon in the dlc pack that can be of much help like the nova pack in DS 2 

will the bot dlc help me out on hardcore and pure survival

by the way the girl in your avatar ......... ? i love her hair ?

I don't remember much about the game but get the line gun(mines!) , trusty plasma cutter, javelin gun(alt fire + explosive dmg upgrade) all with some acid and elemental dmg bonuses, having crowd control altfire is key in some points. Comes without saying that the pew pew finger(dvls horn) is a plus if you can work around the patch! 

5 hours ago, DEATHWISH1988REF said:

ahhh i see , that what i wanted hear  err ... read 

ok ill try out that plan then  , so there is no weapon in the dlc pack that can be of much help like the nova pack in DS 2 

will the bot dlc help me out on hardcore and pure survival

by the way the girl in your avatar ......... 1f60d.png i love her hair 1f496.png

Unless you're desperate for resources, there's no real need to buy any of the dlc. You get 2-3 bots through progression normally. If you're using the devils horn, the only thing you'll ever need is ammo, and it takes a very long time to run through the ammo with that weapon. I think 1 stack of 20 ammo is around 500-1000 shots with it. 

You can still die from the environment though on hardcore, and since the game deletes your save when you die on hardcore, it's recommended to backup your save to either a usb device or ps plus cloud.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Unless you're desperate for resources, there's no real need to buy any of the dlc. You get 2-3 bots through progression normally. If you're using the devils horn, the only thing you'll ever need is ammo, and it takes a very long time to run through the ammo with that weapon. I think 1 stack of 20 ammo is around 500-1000 shots with it. 

You can still die from the environment though on hardcore, and since the game deletes your save when you die on hardcore, it's recommended to backup your save to either a usb device or ps plus cloud.

yeah that the warning my friend told me , jeez its a game not purgatory in real life  

stupid idea 

4 hours ago, DEATHWISH1988REF said:

yeah that the warning my friend told me , jeez its a game not purgatory in real life  

stupid idea 

It's not too bad though if you move slowly, we managed to do a whole run in co-op without dying once. You can also do the devils horn glitch for the dlc too. I wish you luck 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Non dlc Setup 

Stasis support or stasis amplifier

Telemetry Spike with Diff Torus

Plasma Core with Conic

Your best Heavy Frame, Ammo Box

Circuits Go 4 Reload and Clip upgrades

Beat hc with this gun. Try to use Mk II verions of parts or even Mk V if you get them.

None dlc guns help me that much and i try them couse i did hc ds2 with dlc guns.

Edited by Beliar4