Vergil

Rage 2 Announcement Trailer

29 posts in this topic

Cool beans. Must get around to finishing the first one, I liked what little I played, it just went on the backburner in favour of other games and then six years went by.

I tell you what, I'm excited for this. I really enjoyed playing the first one even if it was for a brief amount of time. I think RAGE was a very underappreciated game. In my opinion of course. Very happy I've still got this game to play in my backlog to play through properly this time.

So I'm happy about this announcement. Thanks for sharing. :D 

Interesting. The first one was ok, but not exceptional. I certainly didn't mind it, but it feels like Borderlands kind of has taken most of the better aspects of that post-apocalyptic genre. I'm not sure where Rage fits now.

Perhaps they are going to try to make it a more over the top, unapologetic first person shooter, which seems to have worked for the Wolfenstein reboot.

Otherwise, it seems like an odd series to revive.

Great. A sequel to one of the most boring games i've ever played. Played the first game for 30 minutes and then sold it the next day.

Wonder what warranted a sequel, from what i know the game wasn't even that popular to begin with.

Gameplay will be revealed tomorrow.

I'm excited. Always enjoyed the original Rage game. It on PC was very impressive graphically at the time. Now that consoles have more or less caught up with PC in terms of graphics, it should be pretty good on the two consoles.

14 minutes ago, Oblivion said:

Great. A sequel to one of the most boring games i've ever played. Played the first game for 30 minutes and then sold it the next day.

Wonder what warranted a sequel, from what i know the game wasn't even that popular to begin with.

You must not like post apocalyptic games? Because I'm playing through it again currently and it still holds up to today's standards gameplay and graphics wise and the game is certainly not boring. But can't wait for the full reveal tomorrow, have been hopeing for a sequel for years!

21 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

You must not like post apocalyptic games? Because I'm playing through it again currently and it still holds up to today's standards gameplay and graphics wise and the game is certainly not boring. But can't wait for the full reveal tomorrow, have been hopeing for a sequel for years!

lol i didn't say that. I've played plenty of postalyptic games that i really enjoyed but i guess it's just an acquired taste.

It was an ok game...I've played much worse...it wasn't Borderlands good, but still better than many. 

I actually got 100% on Rage 1 and I am wondering wtf. 😯 How does Rage even get considered for a sequel, let alone get green lit?!?

Everything done in the first Rage was done better in other games. It also has one of the most underwhelming, piss-easy endings ever . . .

I still have an unplayed copy of the first game. I am wondering if I should play it here in the near future. 

It might be nostalgia talking, but I've long considered Rage to have some of the greatest gunplay in FPS gaming. There's just something about the core mechanics that made every encounter ridiculously satisfying. Plenty of options as well, from the usual guns to the spinning blade thing and (I think) exploding RC cars. 

If they can nail it again for the sequel, I'll be happy. Hell, I'll even put up with notorious pop-in.

Interested to see where they go with it. After that ending in Rage...I'm guessing time skip or being thrown right into the mix of something. (Wonder if there's a possibility that it will even be a pre-sequel. :giggle:)

Definitely ranks lower than other games coming out, but I'm glad, and very surprised, that a sequel is coming.

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

I actually got 100% on Rage 1 and I am wondering wtf. 1f62f.png How does Rage even get considered for a sequel, let alone get green lit?!?

Everything done in the first Rage was done better in other games. It also has one of the most underwhelming, piss-easy endings ever . . .

It got mostly good reviews and must have sold well enough. Haven't played a whole lot of it myself, admittedly, but I liked what I saw, so I'm more motivated to complete it now and get aboard with this. Still, if the ending is as bad as you say I'll temper my expectations.

Edited by MeteorHawk

Neat trailer. I'm curious to see some gameplay.

Still haven't played the first one though...

Hopefully there's a remaster for PS4 incoming(?) ^_^

I'm really interested in this one. I never played the original, but I always wanted to. It looked like a good game, even if it didn't really do anything to stand out from the crowd. The sequel seems to be taking itself less seriously so we'll see how that turns out. I'm hoping they throw in a PS4 remaster of the original to those who pre-order it like they did with Dishonored 2. I'd definitely be on-board from day one then. Either way, I look forward to seeing some gameplay.

This is pretty awesome. Though I havent completed Rage 1, now ill def go back and finish it. It was a neat fun game. Just one of those games I backligged over other priorities. Def. It all the way thru now.

Here is the debut gameplay trailer.

Really liked the first game despite being abit short and controls being a bit wonky in some parts. 

I'm worried because Id software teamed up with avalanche studios for this and I found Mad Max to be one of the most boring open world games I have played in a long time. Didnt play Just Cause 3 but heard it wasnt great and released with lots of bugs, glitches and framedrops. 

Still probably going to play it but will more then likely wait for a sale.

Wow, this game looks MUCH better than the first one. I might actually give it a chance.

From the perspective of someone who never played the first: 

Wow, they look like they are really trying to mimic the Borderlands formula. Looks like they mashed a little bit of the Sunset Overdrive tones in as well. Looks like it could be good, but definitely not a single original idea is present.

was interested till i heard the words avalanche studios thier forums are full of angry ppl mad at the bugs they refuse to acknowledge or ever fix never buying thier trash piles again

As I expected, the gameplay looks amazing.

They revitalized Doom. Of course it wasn't going to suck.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:52 PM, snakebit10 said:

I still have an unplayed copy of the first game. I am wondering if I should play it here in the near future. 

Yeah, I would.  I played the first one on PC & liked it.

What, Avalanche is making this?  Given that they've done Just Cause & Mad Max, it may turn out OK.