PS Vita physical games being discontinued in US and Europe

locutus442

Sony stopped making first party Vita titles quite some time ago. Who cares if they stop distributing their own titles physically? There’s a ton of them out there.

The thread title jumped the shark and is a little click-baitey since it’s only Sony saying they’re stopping and every other publisher (you know, the rest of the people who have been keeping the Vita alive), will still ship physical titles like they have in the past.

• Like 3

Most of mine are digital.  I wish Sony had given the Vita at least the same respect they did the PSP.

The memory card prices needed to be lower.  Either that, or regular SD/MicroSD cards should've been used.

I just hope that they don't plan on pulling Vita support from PSN any time soon.

• Like 3

If this means it's going to be more difficult in finding a physical copy of a Vita game in various internet stores or even some retail gaming stores, then my support in Sony is going to drop.

I don't like the fact that everything Sony is doing now is exclusively and strictly for the Playstation 4 Pro and Slim. I fully understand that they are the current consoles out there on the market and they have to appeal to a general audience, this current generation of kids and soon-to-be adults who are relatively new to gaming.

But don't completely drop support for the Playstation 3 and Vita. Should Sony decide to cut online gameplay and digital only games for both of these consoles, then I'm practically done.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

Vita 2, dammit. Do it, you cowards! It's the only way now. You don't put all the eggs in one basket.

My thoughts exactly. +1000 this post if I could.

5 minutes ago, chellesan said:

I would say try to buy everything in physical now, because it will be rare in a few years and prices on eBay will rice because there are no copy's anymore 

Yep that's exactly what I was thinking of the instant I read the article. Such crap.

Most of the titles I have on Vita are digital anyway. Physical helps in saving space, you essentially just need to download the updates.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm sorry, but what the FUCK!? This is such bullshit. I'm legitimately pissed off at this news... It seems like Sony are trying their hardest to kill off the Vita. They recently announced that they would stop giving out Vita games on PS+, and now this!? If they want to stop supporting Vita, then fine, but stopping other other publishers from releasing physical games on the platform is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I supported their niche platform when hardly anyone else would, even Sony themselves. I bought so many physical games for the system simply because I love Vita and collecting physical games, but now I can't even do that. I feel like I've just been stabbed in the back... Fuck. You. Sony.

Sad, but very true.

Looks like I better buy the Vita version of Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 before it's too late.

Stopping other publishers from releasing physical games is a load of bullshit. First party titles? Understandable. But stopping a struggling, fledgling indie game company from releasing their game on Sony's handheld to get some exposure is fucking pathetic. 

It's either the Playstation 4 Pro and Slim, or nothing. That's Sony's way of doing business now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm sorry, but what the FUCK!? This is such bullshit. I'm legitimately pissed off at this news... It seems like Sony are trying their hardest to kill off the Vita. They recently announced that they would stop giving out Vita games on PS+, and now this!? If they want to stop supporting Vita, then fine, but stopping other other publishers from releasing physical games on the platform is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I supported their niche platform when hardly anyone else would, even Sony themselves. I bought so many physical games for the system simply because I love Vita and collecting physical games, but now I can't even do that. I feel like I've just been stabbed in the back... Fuck. You. Sony.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I too am one of the many who supports the VITA's life span, but not like this... Sony, why? :spank:

Miku_crying_injured.jpg

• Like 3

So, I guess right now would the best time to start getting those physical games before their availability starts dwindling and the prices go up, right?

I was leaning more towards getting the PS4 first but this pretty much confirms that I'll need to get a Vita faster now.

• Like 2

Been rumors that Sony want in the mobile market as well which I am not overly happy about.

The funny part is that they are going to continue digital production on titles, meaning Sony knows the Vita is still providing money but they want to try and limit the cost of creating a Vita game.

• Like 2

I still haven't forgiven Sony and Lik Sang, Sony is like activision and interested in the $ more then anything else. Their business model today is no different then it was from the past and tbh I wanted them to burn in hell when the ps1 was released. So why support them now? Diversity of games is the only reason.

Ps Vita and Vita Tv will always be with me on my travels regardless of the future with Sony.

• Like 1