Far Cry 3 Classic Edition

Klart

I just found out that some of my PS3 Ubisoft Club challenges I completed years ago now mention  ‘Far Cry 3 Classic Edition’. Quite strange. I hope this doesnt mean we wont get a new Trophy list...

Edited by Klart

One bit of optimism is that if it only includes single player (and, IIRC, that's what I was hearing was going to be the case, i.e. no co-op), then they are going to have to retool the trophy list to make up for the missing mode, ergo coming out with a new trophy list.

Their uplay has always worked independently from the trophy lists, often adding way more "achievements" to the games on top of what you get for the base games platinum (for example, there was quite a few more achievements in the uplay or whatever than there were trophies for AC: Origins), so maybe this is a case of them not wanting stacking achievements either this time around or at all.

2 minutes ago, iamjax said:

One bit of optimism is that if it only includes single player (and, IIRC, that's what I was hearing was going to be the case, i.e. no co-op), then they are going to have to retool the trophy list to make up for the missing mode, ergo coming out with a new trophy list.

Yeah, this is why I'm led to believe that we'll definitely get a new trophy list.

Here are some screenshots I just took on the Ubisoft Club web page. It does indeed say ''Far Cry 3 Classic Edition'' in the description of the badges now but the name of the game is still just ''Far Cry 3'' and the platform is still set to PS3 in the Ubisoft Club.

vwvx9up.pngCVbAFwU.jpgPPLX1yB.png

25 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

Huh, interesting.

How are different versions of the same game handled, like Watch Dogs 1 for PS3 and PS4? Are those listed separately or joined?

I've platinumed both Watch Dogs and AC Black Flag on PS3 and PS4.  On Club Ubi there's only 1 listing per game, but when you click on it and go to the overview page there's a small platform drop-down icon to the right of the game's name.  Clicking that will show you the options for PS3 or PS4.  Each game has a completely separate rewards/challenges list as if it's 2 different games (for instance, Black Flag on PS3 has 3000 possible XP, but on PS4 there's 3950 possible XP).  I'm guessing they did it this way cause they figured it was cleaner than having multiple versions of the same game on someone's profile.

• 2 weeks later...

Of couse there will be a new PS4 trophy list for "Far Cry 3 Classic Edition". The only question are 1. if there is going to be trophies for the mp coop missions which where present on the ps3 version ? and 2. Will there be new trophies? (I think no for both questions)

2 minutes ago, djippps said:

Of couse there will be a new PS4 trophy list for "Far Cry 3 Classic Edition". The only question are 1. if there is going to be trophies for the mp coop missions which where present on the ps3 version ? and 2. Will there be new trophies? (I think no for both questions)

Well, if they take away the online Trophies / content, they will have to change st. on the Trophy list, no? Add a few new ones or make some bronze silver?

@Klart: I do not really understand what you mean. There will be a (new) PS4 trophy list. It will be available today or tomorrow, since the release for the season pass holders is tomorrow. Besides the trophy lists in general tend to be released very near to the official release of the game (ex.: God of War, Detroit Become Human). So you just have to wait. Finally, for this trophy list, they can basically suppress trophies which were present on the PS3 and/or add new ones, everything is possible. I am expecting the 6 coop trophies to  be just suppressed.

@Lucas: you must have the season pass to load the game tomorrow. For such an old game (on PS3), I am not expecting any pre-load. It is not a remaster like Crash Bandicoot or Uncharted, etc. It is just a direct transposition to PS4.

1 hour ago, djippps said:

@Lucas: you must have the season pass to load the game tomorrow. For such an old game (on PS3), I am not expecting any pre-load. It is not a remaster like Crash Bandicoot or Uncharted, etc. It is just a direct transposition to PS4.

I know you have to be a season pass holder to play it tomorrow. I don't see why there wouldn't be a pre-load for it though? I'm pretty sure all PSN pre-orders since 2017 have the pre-load option, the fact that this is ''just a port'' or ''not a remaster or full game'' has nothing to do with that. Seems like we won't have that option with this game, though, as it hasn't even been added to the PlayStation Store yet.

Edited by Lucas

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know you have to be a season pass holder to play it tomorrow. I don't see why there wouldn't be a pre-load for it though? I'm pretty sure all PSN pre-orders since 2017 have the pre-load option, the fact that is ''just a port'' or ''not a remaster/full game'' has nothing to do with that. Seems like we won't have that option with this game, though, as it hasn't even been added to the PlayStation Store yet.

Yep, I do not care at all about pre-loads since my home connexion is just a total crap lol, and especially for a game released in November 2012.? In addition, a lot of stuff, games, dlc, etc. are added weekly on Tuesdays.

Edited by djippps

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Does anyone know if we'll be able to pre-load this? Can't seem to find it on the PlayStation Store yet.

I seen on the Ubisoft forums yesterday that there will be no preload for it. One of the members of Ubisoft mentioned it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I seen on the Ubisoft forums yesterday that there will be no preload for it. One of the members of Ubisoft mentioned it.

Alright, that's unfortunate but that's what I figured. Thanks for the info though :P.

I am still surprised the list hasn't showed up yet.

The achievement list is up on exophase for FC3 Classic. Just took out the co op and didn't add any new ones. So I am assuming some of the trophy values will be different.

https://www.exophase.com/game/far-cry-3-classic-edition-xbox/achievements/

Edited by snakebit10