Currently Glitched Trophies

ZR1Zoomer

Erik's Journal 3 is currently unobtainable. I get no prompt to pick it up in his cabin. This is why the all collectibles and read all texts trophies are at 0%. Also open all doors trophy seems to be glitched. I know I got them all. This trophy is also at 0%. Hopefully a patch is in the works. I messaged the game facebook page. More info will be posted as I find out.

34 minutes ago, ZR1Zoomer said:

Erik's Journal 3 is currently unobtainable. I get no prompt to pick it up in his cabin. This is why the all collectibles and read all texts trophies are at 0%. Also open all doors trophy seems to be glitched. I know I got them all. This trophy is also at 0%. Hopefully a patch is in the works. I messaged the game facebook page. More info will be posted as I find out.

Thats good to know ... I will wait and see if they patch it up :)

14 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

I kind of thought the all door trophies was glitched it felt like I've gotten them all, but couldn't tell if I was just missing one or two somewhere off in another path or something.

I heard back from the teams facebook page. Both trophies are indeed glitched. The team responsible is working on a fix. If the door trophy becomes too much of a hassle they may just remove it all together. So now we just sit and wait for the patch. 

On 5/20/2018 at 1:53 PM, Bigkill321 said:

Any more word on these trophies. I'm interested in the game and was going to pick it up today but not if it has glitched trophies 

No word yet. At least 2 of the trophies remain glitched. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 11:44 AM, ZR1Zoomer said:

Nothing yet. Whoever controls the FaceBook group is pretty much blaming whoever is in charge of patching it or blaming Sony because apparently it takes time for some patches to be approved.

Patches do need to be approved by Sony but the process is streamlined so it shouldn't take more than a week. So the time to fix a patch is mostly on the shoulders of the developer to fix, troubleshoot for more bugs caused by the patch and then submit to Sony for release. Right now it sounds like the devs aren't even bothering with a patch. Don't go off anything said on Facebook, the devs aren't the ones posting stuff. Earlier it was stated they may remove the door trophy altogether but that messes with Sony as Sony hosts the trophy lists as well. 

Really though my guess is the devs don't care to patch, they want to just remove the broken trophies and Sony is saying they need to at least attempt to patch before they go through drastic measures. It still takes a patch from the devs to remove all code that deals with the trophies. When you boot up a game for the first time the trophy list is unlocked on the sony server side and allows the games list to appear in your trophy list. The devs would need to alter the trophy list, remove the coding that allows the trophy to unlock so it doesn't lock the game by thinking a trophy has been unlocked but it doesn't know what trophy.

Either way its all up to the devs. 

This is the message I got from the Through the Woods FaceBook page. 

We've said several times several places that a patch is in the works. However, our publisher and a third party porting company are fully responsible for it. We hope that it will be ready soon, but right now we don't know much more than you guys unfortunately.

So basically the people they hired to get the job done aren't doing their job. How can you hire someone to do a job then not know why they are falling short on what they were paid to do? That's like being a manager for a company and not knowing what your employees are doing or not holding them accountable for their screw ups. Someone needs to get on the phone with their "third party porting company" and get the ball rolling. 

Edited by ZR1Zoomer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally. A patch for trophies has been implemented. Picked up Erik's journal 3 and got both trophies for all journals and all collectibles. Had to run through the game again though to get the trophy for opening all doors. Finally this game is done and I can delete it from my hard drive.