"Character Mastery" trophy

Hello, so I've done all the trophies but this one is missing (PsVita). And unfortunately I can't do it, the combo are so hard. I hope you can give me advices or tips for me to reach this tophy. 

Update: Ratchet was the easiest for me 

Edited by dead-zone5

You just have to complete the 10th combo. I forget who I did it with on PS3 but it was easier than when I did it on Vita [at that time I did every combo since I thought I had to and struggled].

Just try different characters until you find one you can do?

17 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

You just have to complete the 10th combo. I forget who I did it with on PS3 but it was easier than when I did it on Vita [at that time I did every combo since I thought I had to and struggled].

Just try different characters until you find one you can do?

I can do just the last one and the trophy will pop ?

18 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

You only need to do one Combo, press start and select chapter/combo.

I think I have to complete all of the combo of one character

18 hours ago, acookieman said:

Don't you only have to complete each of a character's list of attacks? I don't remember any of the character tutorials involving hard combos.

Yes in tutorial I have to choose the combo and complete all combo of one characte, but i tried with so many and it's becoming really hard

Do you own the digital or physical copy of the game?

You know how you can play PS3 games (both physical and digital) without installing patches, right? People have said that you can't do that on digital vita downloads but only on physical copies of vita games but they are all wrong. It's completely possible!

Basically what you'll want to do is go on the PlayStation store and start downloading the game as normal, then go to the home screen and tap on the notifications icon at the top-right of the screen and there should be two items downloading. The first item that will download before the other item is the game patches and the size for that download should be 713 megabytes (also the icon beside this download's progress bar should just display as a default dotted arrow pointing downwards / download symbol). Cancel that download and then the other downloading item (the 1622 megabyte full game download, no patches) should start downloading. This is a good sign.

Then what you will want to after the game has installed is start the game without the patches and then select Nathan Drake from the combo practice character selection menu. Then select the 10th/last combo chapter from the pause menu.

I have used this Vita patch-avoiding method before with the PlayStation Vita edition of Minecraft during the time when the "Passing The Time" (play for 100 in-game days) achievement was bugged.

20 hours ago, dead-zone5 said:

Hello, so I've done all the trophies but this one is missing (PsVita). And unfortunately I can't do it, the combo are so hard. I hope you can give me advices or tips for me to reach this tophy. 

I don’t know if they fixed it, but I got both PS3 and PSVita trophies by completing only the tenth combo mission of One character. I guess it was with Ratchet. It’s not that simple, but you don’t need to play all 10 ;)

1 hour ago, dead-zone5 said:

Yes in tutorial I have to choose the combo and complete all combo of one characte, but i tried with so many and it's becoming really hard

Yes you can just complete the tenth combo. I did it on PS3 not that long ago that way. 

2 hours ago, dead-zone5 said:

I did it yesterday, You only have to do the final Combo challenge for the trophy to pop. You can select charcter of preference then Start - > Select challenge and pick 10. Do the last one and you'll get it.

Without installing/Uninstalling patches, Raiden is the easiest one to do it with. Down Triangle, Down Square, Up Triangle, Air square, Air square, Air square, Air Triangle with semi slow input speed you'll get it.

4 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

Do you own the digital or physical copy of the game?

You know how you can play PS3 games (both physical and digital) without installing patches, right? People have said that you can't do that on digital vita downloads but only on physical copies of vita games but they are all wrong. It's completely possible!

Basically what you'll want to do is go on the PlayStation store and start downloading the game as normal, then go to the home screen and tap on the notifications icon at the top-right of the screen and there should be two items downloading. The first item that will download before the other item is the game patches and the size for that download should be 713 megabytes (also the icon beside this download's progress bar should just display as a default dotted arrow pointing downwards / download symbol). Cancel that download and then the other downloading item (the 1622 megabyte full game download, no patches) should start downloading. This is a good sign.

Then what you will want to after the game has installed is start the game without the patches and then select Nathan Drake from the combo practice character selection menu. Then select the 10th/last combo chapter from the pause menu.

I have used this Vita patch-avoiding method before with the PlayStation Vita edition of Minecraft during the time when the "Passing The Time" (play for 100 in-game days) achievement was bugged.

ok thanks, I'll try what the others said then if it doesn't work I'll do that

3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I don’t know if they fixed it, but I got both PS3 and PSVita trophies by completing only the tenth combo mission of One character. I guess it was with Ratchet. It’s not that simple, but you don’t need to play all 10 ;)

Thank you so much, if it's only the last one it should be easier

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Yes you can just complete the tenth combo. I did it on PS3 not that long ago that way. 

Thanks, I'll try

2 hours ago, NightRusticDawn said:

I did it yesterday, You only have to do the final Combo challenge for the trophy to pop. You can select charcter of preference then Start - > Select challenge and pick 10. Do the last one and you'll get it.

Without installing/Uninstalling patches, Raiden is the easiest one to do it with. Down Triangle, Down Square, Up Triangle, Air square, Air square, Air square, Air Triangle with semi slow input speed you'll get it.

Mmm that's great, I'll try with Raiden, but what's the semi slow input speed?

• 1 year later...