DLC trophies' rarity is now based on who owns the DLC

Sly Ripper

I don't really mind this, but I still prefer the old system. People say that it shows how easy some trophies are, but there is many DLCs what have very difficult DLC trophies or they take some time to get. If every trophy from 1 DLC is hard or takes very much time to get, it will obviously be common trophy in the new system, because there aren't many people who could even get one of them. There are also COD games where so many people have the DLC, but are not interested in trophies so they are now common (even the hard trophies from Black ops zombies).

Edited by Ihminen60
  • Like 2

Not really keen on this because of a few reasons those being:

1. The single trophy required to show you own said DLC which will most likely make certain trophies 100% despite the fact they mightn't be that easy which may seem misleading.
  2. I am not 100% sure on this but isn't it true some games don't seperate their DLC from the main list? (mainly older titles)

Other than those complaints I don't see it as a bad idea it is good but I just can't see it working all that well personally but in saying that I know it wouldn't be perfect no matter what was done in regards to this.

• Like 1

I was one of the people that requested this change and I'm glad to see it finally implemented. Of course there will be some people that purchase download content and never earn even one trophy from it, but the numbers will still be much more accurate this way. Also, it especially did not make sense to count content against you that you do not own while games that are on your trophy list but are at 0% are not counted against you as well.

Edited by GameOverComesAll

Maybe I've missed something, but will this affect the rarest trophies on your PSN Profile or will it just display the correct rarity when you click on the trophy itself? The reason I ask is because I'm still showing a DLC trophy as one of my rarest trophies, yet when I click on it, it isn't rare at all. I've read all the posts but haven't found an answer, or I've just completely missed it.

Thanks and keep up the good work Sly, it's a great addition.

Parker

• Like 1

Nice feature, I like it.

Now, how about this idea. Can you adjust game completion based on the same data? Just say I do not have any black ops DLC trophies, (which I don't) but I do have the platinum and it says 74%, which is fine.... but on my game completion it would be nice if those 20 possible DLC trophies were not included because I will never spend $100 on it.

I understand what you were going for here Sly, but the major problem is the statistics are inaccurate.  To count the baseline as any DLC trophy earned is a bit skewed.  Some DLC's are a major pain in the ass and even with significant attempts, you may never earn a single trophy in them (see: Payday, OF: Red River, UC2, etc).  In addition, some people avoid the DLC specifically because it is a pain in the ass and the associated rarity no longer takes that into account. 

If there was some way to actually see the true buy rate for these DLC's from Sony, I'd be more in favor, but the way this is currently built, I cannot support it. 

• Like 3

I don't like this lol, all my below 1% dlc trophies are no longer in my rare trophies list, They are still rare trophies though, you just need the dlc to get it, I much preferred the old way.

Can this be filtered, to show rare with DLC, rares without DLC?

• Like 1

I see this from two point of views.

1. The old way. Where DLC trophies were counted for everyone, even though maybe half of them never even had purchased the DLC. Which made most DLC trophies ultra rare. Which, in most cases, is wrong and misleading.

2. The new way. Where DLC trophies are counted for those who have at least one trophy from the DLC pack. Which is wrong because there COULD be people who have purchased the DLC but not earned a single trophy from it and thus not counted into the statistics.

As you see, both way on doing this IS WRONG! NEITHER WAY WILL GIVE A TRUE/CORRECT NUMBER!

HOWEVER! The second (new) way is LESS WRONG. So I gladly support this.

Yes this is true, but I think that some of the trophies just don't get the credit they used to have before the new way for example UC2, UC3, black ops, MAG, skyrim...

1. The old way. Where DLC trophies were counted for everyone, even though maybe half of them never even had purchased the DLC. Which made most DLC trophies ultra rare. Which, in most cases, is wrong and misleading.

2. The new way. Where DLC trophies are counted for those who have at least one trophy from the DLC pack. Which is wrong because there COULD be people who have purchased the DLC but not earned a single trophy from it and thus not counted into the statistics.

As you see, both way on doing this IS WRONG! NEITHER WAY WILL GIVE A TRUE/CORRECT NUMBER!

I agree, great work Sly!

Not really keen on this because of a few reasons those being:

1. The single trophy required to show you own said DLC which will most likely make certain trophies 100% despite the fact they mightn't be that easy which may seem misleading.
  2. I am not 100% sure on this but isn't it true some games don't seperate their DLC from the main list? (mainly older titles)

Other than those complaints I don't see it as a bad idea it is good but I just can't see it working all that well personally but in saying that I know it wouldn't be perfect no matter what was done in regards to this.

I actually expected most DLC packs to end up having a 100% trophy but in most cases that hasn't happened.

I think there needs to be a filter option for something like this. Although I think that this decision alone is going to kill the sale of many dlcs which is kinda funny. There are a ton of dlc's I regret buying now because ultra rare trophies played a major factor in whether I wanted the dlc. I'm not 100% opposed to the idea but I think the % is mega skewed for stuff like Operation Flashpoint Red River dlc. One of the trophies has gone from like a 0.70% completion all the way up to a 24% completion and that trophy was a bitch, the 24% is misleading. Do people really think that the 300 hour Uncharted 3 dlc being list as uncommon or just rare is really accurate? You'll never get an accurate rating on dlc trophies anymore because the majority of people who buy dlc are trying to get 100% or at the very least playing through it. People are going to look at Dishonored's 14% dlc trophy and think it's not overly difficult when in reality it's like an 8-9/10 and should be sub 1%. The only reason it isn't is because the only people who bothered to get the trophy are either huge fans of the game and are very good or are completionists who want that 100% and won't stop until they get it, even if that means many, many hours of frustration. 

A lot of stuff from ps+ and psn games are also going to be pretty skewed. A lot of people just play those games because they were given for free and they had no intention of finishing them whereas people who go out and buy dlc almost always have the intention to at least play through the game, most of the time to 100% it. 

In all honesty I think one of the most requested features was to put the manual reporting back onto the site so that mega hackers like warfigher can be removed. I can try to tiptoe around it and I know saying that comes at the risk of turning the thread in a hacking discussion but it's clear that warfigher is a massive hacker (as well as others who removed pre server crash) and they just haven't be re-removed for some odd reason. 

Anyway, I ultimately don't agree with the decision unless there's a filter option but I can understand why you decided to put it in there. It's a somewhat more accurate representation but now not only did people lose a lot of ultra rares but they gained a ton of common trophies. I guess you've saved me a lot on money that I would've spent on dlc. 

If most people who own the DLC are trying to get 100%, shouldn't that mean those trophies aren't rare?

Yeah, we're pretty much screwed by Sony.

This is a very bad move for completionists. 

I don't really see why the old way was a big deal ? 

The new way is 100% inacurate because people could have purchased the dlc and not earned a single trophy on it. 

Basically all the DLC trophies will appears very common because the majority of people who bought the DLC are completionist who already got the platinum trophy for this game, so why they would not try to earn all the trophies for the dlc that they bought ?

• Like 1