Rozalia1

Hong Kong Version

8 posts in this topic

I'm wondering, is the game in English? It says English/Korean Version so... seems like it. Wondering as I might take the plunge to get Slingshot done. For those who have done this sort of thing... how easy is it in terms of payment. I've read of some people paying cards for cash to put in their account when doing this... cannot you not simply use a card to add money? 

Oh and there seems to be no stack so it won't add a new list... that right yeah? Wouldn't want to add a second list for Xcom, too long and all that.

Edit: Oh and this seems like it'd be obvious but I'll ask anyway. I assume the save data I'll have won't be compatible with the Hong Kong version yes?

Edited by Rozalia1

No one has an answer on the save compatibility thing? It'd be lovely if I can do 4 playthroughs and then download the DLC and do the 5th playthrough with it. I am aware the standard answer here is not working, however I've had game save files (at least on the PS3) function even when you roll back the updates (reverting it back to unpatched). 

Oh, my copy is the EU version, as in the EU region, as it might confuse due to the subtitle of this game also being EU. 

Ok, so i can confirm that Hong Kong dlc is fully compatible with your main game saves. No tricks necessary, just download it and play as usual. And it's in English too.

As for the purchase itself, well that's a bit tricky: not only you'll have to create Hong Kong psn account on your ps3, you will also have to purchase Hong Kong psn card in order to add funds on it. 

Use web search for that, offgamers worked for me.

On 05/07/2018 at 6:49 AM, dimonemt said:

Ok, so i can confirm that Hong Kong dlc is fully compatible with your main game saves. No tricks necessary, just download it and play as usual. And it's in English too.

As for the purchase itself, well that's a bit tricky: not only you'll have to create Hong Kong psn account on your ps3, you will also have to purchase Hong Kong psn card in order to add funds on it. 

Use web search for that, offgamers worked for me.

Thanks a lot for this. This means I can save a playthrough by making the 5th one a Hong Kong playthrough. Nice. Ups my motivation to get it done.

The DLC from the Hong Kong store won't work with your European version (region 2) of the game, it's only compatible with the North American version (region 2). So you'd have to buy that version in order to play the DLC.

See this post from the other thread for details:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/39869-slingshot-dlc-withdrawn-from-psn/?do=findComment&comment=1060280

As for buying the DLC from the HK store. You will have to buy a HK PSN card from any online store that sells them like playasia:

https://www.play-asia.com/search/Psn+hkd

As foreign credit cards or PayPal accounts are not accepted.

10 minutes ago, Mohd_AAAA said:

The DLC from the Hong Kong store won't work with your European version (region 2) of the game, it's only compatible with the North American version (region 2). So you'd have to buy that version in order to play the DLC.

See this post from the other thread for details:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/39869-slingshot-dlc-withdrawn-from-psn/?do=findComment&comment=1060280

As for buying the DLC from the HK store. You will have to buy a HK PSN card from any online store that sells them like playasia:

https://www.play-asia.com/search/Psn+hkd

As foreign credit cards or PayPal accounts are not accepted.

Yes I am aware of that already but thanks anyway. As long as the saves work then it is saving me time. I'll just buy the HK version and the HK DLC at some point.

I bought a physical copy of NA region (BLUS 30943F) and bough the dlc from Hong Kong PS Store.It works ( I started the game when came free with ps plus (Europe) )