..i hate this game

Fubuki

Just now, LunchCannon54 said:

Then just ignore him. He wants validation so why give it to him? 

Well it's not the first time I argued with him. He REALLY loves last of us. He argued with me because I thought Lou was overrated.

8 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

Well I guess the floodgates are open now. Bet I'll come back in a few hours and the forum page will be full of topics like "I don't like Final Fantasy VII", "The Last of Us Sucks", "Uncharted is so overrated" and "Why do people like Dark Souls"

Well, I think there's only one option then..

85859eb975f3f645ab2df159b81dcee5.gif

On topic, I think a lot of people (myself included) got tired of the same formula after the umpteenth time. I couldn't be bothered with even playing through Revelations. So yeah, playing it now, I'd imagine the games feel pretty dated. 

23 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

I lol'd :yay:1f602.png

as @The Titan said you sure get angry for something so stupid. No the controls are utter shit and yes I did figure out how to walk/run with him as I managed to drag myself through it and platted the game

This isn't about walking/running, this is about climbing. The controls are shit, you're using them wrong. Ezio will not jump if you aren't holding the jump button. And there is no reason to hold the jump button when climbing unless you intend to jump backwards to another ledge/platform. I'm sick of seeing this complaint, because it isn't the games fault whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Well do you like the other uncharted games?

I enjoyed Fight for Fortune and Golden Abyss a lot, GA felt like it struck a great balance between the various gameplay elements that Uncharted has. The plot was as bland as ever though. 1 was decent, I liked the pacing of it and how it felt like one big continuous journey through an uncharted island. There weren't any time skips, and it was interesting when you looped back around to older areas later in the game. The vault chapter was really good as well. 3 had some of the more interesting puzzles in the franchise - which isn't saying much, admittedly - but the gunplay took a huge step back unfortunately. I like what I've played of 4 so far, Drake has an actual reason to put himself in danger this time and the more grounded nature really helps, getting to see his everyday life with Elena, his recklessness boil over into playing with toy guns in the attic, etc. Makes Drake seem more human than the ruthless killing machine he is in other games. It's still absurd how high his kill count gets without him even showing the slightest hint of regret or guilt, though.

As a whole, I think Uncharted is very overrated, but 2 is the only outright terrible one.

Probably you have not advance far enough into the story, so you find it dull and the gameplay repetitive. You can use a large variety of weapons mid story. I get it that you don't like the graphics, it is a 2009 game after all. But the reason many people (me included) consider ACII the best game of the series, is that it offers a great character development though a 10 year story. From a young man seeking revenge for the death of his family to a master assassin that has committed himself to the creed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

. It's still absurd how high his kill count gets without him even showing the slightest hint of regret or guilt, though.

I agree. How the fuck does Nathan kill more people than amount of deaths in 911 and not show regret? It's fucking stupid. 

Just now, TheGwynbleidd said:

Probably you have not advance far enough into the story, so you find it dull and the gameplay repetitive. You can use a large variety of weapons mid story. I get it that you don't like the graphics, it is a 2009 game after all. But the reason many people (me included) consider ACII the best game of the series, is that it offers a great character development though a 10 year story. From a young man seeking revenge for the death of his family to a master assassin that has committed himself to the creed.

I played until sequence 9. I bought a few weapons even new armor. Still hated it. 

i cant believe how this game receive such accusations..you dont know controls and you blame the game.. you dont like history and never look around you to find if it is italian architecture or Renaissance or italian way of life, you blame the game, you dont know how to analyze story, dont look at ezio's suffering and suddenly newfound tasks and cant see how he evolved, cant understand the intertwining story took place in 3 different timeline  but blame the game...

so @madbuk and @Cthulhu there is no need to try explaining things to these guys any more.. 

ac2 is one of the best games in video gaming history and along with brotherhood( because of a great mp addition) is the best game in the series.. 

Edited by Darpiom
  • Like 1

The controls are a bit outdated now (don’t know if they were changed for the PS4) but man I just love nearly everything about this game. Just not the glitch-fest that was the feathers collectibles.

I agree that this should’ve been a status update but I don’t have an issue with your opinion. Everyone tends to have a specific AC game they like or dislike above the others (or just dislikes them all).

yet another thread that reminds me of trying to find hotels on the net...highly rated by many but then you get the odd "moldy shower...musty smell...rude staff...bed bugs" reviews and you're like "f**k, do I risk taking my family there?"...in the end, it all comes down to personal experience...fortunately, I've already stayed at the hotel this thread is about and, for its time, didn't find it that bad...

as I can safely say for all games, some pros, some cons...some I find good, others I don't find good...we should add a user star rating to all titles here on psnp for added fun...wait, there's already easily accessible web sites for that?...cool, cool...but maybe we could link them to metacritic or something like that?...

i like user reviews and rely on them heavily with my business so think it would be nice to have them displayed rather than just "I want to troll this game vs this game is epic, bro" would've-made-a-better-status-update type threads randomly popping up for a select number of games...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

I can understand not liking the game. It took me a while to get used to the controls at first but I learned fairly quickly. I didn't mind Ezio and I really enjoyed the story. I am a bit biased since it was my first Assassins Creed game but the only thing I really hated about the game was those feathers.

When I see a thread like this, the first thought that comes to mind is that clearly this person is doing it more for the attention.  Some people crave it, and disliking popular things under the guise of "being so disappointed because their expectations were high" is a very defend-able position, regardless of how dishonest that may be at times since hype isn't really a tangible quality for games to be judged on, because we live in a world where opinions are coveted and can't be wrong.

Then I realize this is no different than the people who make posts with glowing opinions about games.  Both tend to come from a place of ignorance and self-importance, probably lacking in detail backing their opinions... though if I had to choose between the two... I'd rather live in a world where people bonded over nice and positive things, than to find camaraderie in crapping on everything that moves just to get a rise out of people, maybe a cheap laugh, and the opportunity to say "well you must care about what I think because you replied".  Seems like the gaming community would be a better place.

For the record, while I'm here anyways, AC2 is probably the only Assassin's Creed I enjoyed but I still never finished it.  The series as a whole is pretty 'meh' to me.  Probably partially my fault for my burning, irrational disdain for open world games... but these AC games in particular can get a bit repetitive.

• Like 1

I started with AC and enjoyed it, thought the new twist on the concept of Templars was interesting.  I equally enjoyed present day and ancestor memories.  Then I played 2 and was blown away, it was so different, but everything was good.  So often sequels that change everything screw up the whole series.  AC2 was great, and I was really into it, but the thing that did it for me, that cemented this game as my favorite in the series with no exception was the ending.  Once you see it, you can't go back and experience it again, it's like the ending of Sixth Sense, it only gets you that one time (assuming you didn't see it coming).  In about 99% of movies and tv shows I see it coming a mile away... I did NOT see this ending coming in AC2.  I had to get on youtube afterward just to watch it again cause I was speechless.  I originally started the series on 360, so when I went back years later and got to replay (and plat) AC2 on PS3, I was stoked.  It still held up, it was great, but it wasn't the same as that first time, you just can't experience that awe a second time.  I wish I could erase my memory of this game just to experience it again for the first time.  But even on a second going, knowing exactly what to expect, I still greatly enjoyed the game.  Honestly, you're entitled to your opinion, but I just can't see what's not to like with this game.  Controls, really?  I remember the controls and free-running aspects to be much better in the earlier installments.  I didn't randomly get stuck in mid-jump 3 inches off the group or keep jumping up to the hold above a window when I obviously wanted to jump through the window.  I don't remember any of those things being issues in AC2.  And I've never met anyone who's played the AC series and didn't enjoy it.  We can talk about yearly releases and regurgitated plot-lines all day long, but in the end these games are fun, and AC2 stands out as the brightest star of the lot.  If nothing else finish the main story and watch that ending (assuming you don't already know what's up), and assuming you paid attention to the whole story along the way, there's no way you wouldn't instantly understand why so many people hold this game in such high regard.

• Like 1

you expressed all the things extremely well @Matto_lsi ??

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

maybe we could link them to metacritic or something like that?...

a little bit off topic but recently famous aggregate scoring institutions like metacritic are acting weird too, god of war received 94!!!! i havent played the game yet but i ve read many professional and fan based reviews, watched countless gameplay portions and saw that the game is a typical rpg open world, but they gave that score to a god of war game that cant be a god of war.. they did the same with 2013's tomb raider with 87 but gave resident evil 6 saying its not resident evil but an action game 74 ?? 

as to assassins creed, in 2009 when these review sites are more trustable ac2 has received 91 which is still the highest in the series.. 

Edited by Darpiom

8 hours ago, The Titan said:

You cared enough to reply.

Aren't you the same guy who got mad at me when I said Last Of Us is overrated? LMAO c'mon dude. Why are you so defensive about video games? 

There is clearly a pattern here. Let me guess, Skyrim is the most overrated RPG ever, Tomb Raider sucks, and Final Fantasy XV is the worst FF.

Having a different opinion to the majority is fine, but making posts like this does nothing but make you look like a contrary troll, especially when your only reasons are really vague and dubious at best, flatout wrong at worst.

5 hours ago, madbuk said:

Uncharted 2, which is a horrendously bad game and by far the worst Uncharted.

Well this is just flatout wrong, borderline lying. What the hell is with you and your obsession with trashtalking critically acclaimed games, specifically games that are universally considered to be among the best ever made? 

8 minutes ago, Orange Heart said:

There is clearly a pattern here. Let me guess, Skyrim is the most overrated RPG ever, Tomb Raider sucks, and Final Fantasy XV is the worst FF.

Having a different opinion to the majority is fine, but making posts like this does nothing but make you look like a contrary troll, especially when your only reasons are really vague and dubious at best, flatout wrong at worst.

Well this is just flatout wrong, borderline lying. What the hell is with you and your obsession with trashtalking critically acclaimed games, specifically games that are universally considered to be among the best ever made? 

I mean, it's not much further from that post in this very thread where I expanded my thoughts on the matter. And these aren't even all the issues with that game. Obsession with trashtalking critically acclaimed games? Funny you'd say that in a thread where I'm defending Assassin's Creed II.

5 hours ago, madbuk said:

There are so many problems I have with Uncharted 2 I could be sat here ranting for ages. So let's just restrict it to single player and ignore the bullshit in MP that ND decided to pull to make everyone move onto Uncharted 3.

The plot is about as generic as it gets, a search for a magical mcguffin while the characters get no development in the process. Drake has no reason to be slaughtering hundreds of men, or to be putting himself - and, more importantly, his friends - in mortal danger for some mythical object that may not even be real. The game's opening is also pretty shitty as when you replay it later, there's more dialogue. Where was that the first time?

As for the gameplay, yikes. It has the worst balance between puzzles, exploration and shooting in the entire franchise. It's just shooty bang bangs and explosions from start to finish with one or two pitifully easy puzzles in the entire game. The platforming is as dull as ever with every climbable ledge being unnaturally painted yellow or white. It feels so shallow due to how easy everything is, why even have climbing or puzzles in the first place if you arent going to make them challenging?

The shooting was bad and RNG based too. Firing when your reticle is over the opponent isn't a guaranteed hit like it was in Uncharted 1, which is pretty bullshit, and enemy staggering is also RNG based (though the staggering is even worse in 3, admittedly).

2 hours ago, Darpiom said:

a little bit off topic but recently famous aggregate scoring institutions like metacritic are acting weird too, god of war received 94!!!! they did the same with 2013's tomb raider with 87 but gave resident evil 6 saying its not resident evil but an action game 74 1f62f.png1f62f.png 

as to assassins creed, in 2009 when these review sites are more trustable ac2 has received 91 which is still the highest in the series.. 

hmmm...so I had a look at god of war (2018) on metacritic and it currently has a score of 9.2 with 5620 user ratings...of people who actually commented, 1553 positive, 64 mixed, and 68 negative...not sure how this is so far off metacritic's 94 but perhaps in your opinion 0.2 makes their score non-trustworthy...

again, back to my hotels or any other product on the internet that I buy based partly on user reviews, I would assume that I would be getting a quality product and that the chance of liking it would be high...there's always a possibility that I wouldn't like it and be in the minority...this is partly why I like reviews...gives me a chance to compare my experience with others and share them if I like...sometimes I go with the masses, other times I'll go for a product with less popularity by a brand I like or know to be canadian...

further thought has led me to believe that it would be cool if psnp applied/linked a rating system to all games...i just might suggest it in a separate thread...gives every game equal potential and might cut down a bit on these extreme opinion threads that tend to lead to personal disagreements...the only catch would be to have the trophy list on one's profile...

Edited by ProfBambam55

30 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

hmmm...so I had a look at god of war (2018) on metacritic and it currently has a score of 9.2 with 5620 user ratings...of people who actually commented, 1553 positive, 64 mixed, and 68 negative...not sure how this is so far off metacritic's 94 but perhaps in your opinion 0.2 makes their score non-trustworthy...

i meant metascore and i dont compare it to user's score to measure their rating as they are professionals.. i just want to say that the sites as metacritic, etc. that have a power to shaping the industry with their critics must look into the games in many ways like in past.. if god of war taking 94 with this gameplay than in a few years we can't find any game that is not open world rpg.. on the other hand the game looks great and maybe deserves 94 but its name shouldnt be god of war then.. 

i totally agree with you about the importance of reviews whether amateur or professional.. 

its better not to talk about this topic in this thread any more as it is quite off-topic, maybe when you start a thread about your offer which seems good

Edited by Darpiom

23 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

further thought has led me to believe that it would be cool if psnp applied/linked a rating system to all games...i just might suggest it in a separate thread...gives every game equal potential and might cut down a bit on these extreme opinion threads that tend to lead to personal disagreements...the only catch would be to have the trophy list on one's profile...

While I don't agree with this whole notion, I did have the thought of starting a thread with a "Quantify your Ratings" concept. Give concrete characteristics that justify how someone rates games they way they do. I'd be curious if people really think out assigning value to specifics or they just look at a game and say "It's a 7" because it was "okay."

The problem with ratings is that they're far to emotional and don't actually convey any actual data. It's a quantifier of nothingness. On top of that, everyone's nothingness will be different.