..i hate this game

Fubuki

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Remember peeps:

Every time you respond to a troll, a random trophy becomes unobtainable!

Remember: When someone dislikes a game you like, they are automatically a troll! 

Were you born yesterday? I already stated why i hated it.

3 hours ago, dzstrpc said:

I don't want to post in threads like this because I don't want to feed the trolls.

But I have to, to say that I don't want to. Catch-22

There are no trolls here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Titan said:

Sooooo my friends love Assassin's Creed and told me to start playing it. I was never in to it but I heard AC2 was an easy platinum and it was the best in the series. I bought it for 15 bucks at best buy and I was immediately turned off after 4 hours of playing it. That was in 2016. Now it's 2018 and my opinion hasn't changed. Horrible controls, dull graphics, flat plot, repetitive gameplay and boring open world. The game is so boring that I couldn't even finish the game. Terrible game in my opinion. I don't see how anyone enjoyed this game. For 2009, it's okay but when I look at Uncharted 2 which has way better gameplay, story, graphics etc. It's no wonder I never got into this series. If anyone wants to prove me wrong and call me a moron go ahead. But this game is not my cup of tea.

I don't want to prove you wrong, or call you moron for a game, you like what you like. I do have some unpopular taste in gaming (Revelations is my favorite AC, Homecoming is my favorite SH etc.), but i also don't hate games/think they suck unless they deserve it cause they're broken like Ride To Hell. Your points are so generic and make no sense to me...Repetitive gameplay? And you tell me about Uncharted, which is the definition of repetitiveness? Shoot 50 guys, a little cutscene, shoot 50 more, a little climbing, 50 more and so on! Controls and graphics? It's almost 10 years old game, what do you expect. Plot? AC II is part of the Ezio  trilogy, so the story and character progression of Ezio runs through all 3 games. Finally boring open world? Again tell me what more do you find in other open world games?

• Like 2

I love threads like these. Everyone and their mother always has their opinions and will fight you online for it. Personally I don't really mind how you view this game, you're entitled to hate on it as much as you want and I certainly won't get my panties up in a bunch because you don't substantiate why you hate this game very well. Don't mind some people either, they argue over the most boring, futile stuff. I'm pretty sure there were probably also people pointing out the subjective nature of liking or disliking a game as if they are the Immanuel Kant of their generation.

This should have been a status update, though.

4 minutes ago, KamakuraHero said:

I don't want to prove you wrong, or call you moron for a game, you like what you like. I do have some unpopular taste in gaming (Revelations is my favorite AC, Homecoming is my favorite SH etc.), but i also don't hate games/think they suck unless they deserve it cause they're broken like Ride To Hell. Your points are so generic and make no sense to me...Repetitive gameplay? And you tell me about Uncharted, which is the definition of repetitiveness? Shoot 50 guys, a little cutscene, shoot 50 more, a little climbing, 50 more and so on! Controls and graphics? It's almost 10 years old game, what do you expect. Plot? AC II is part of the Ezio  trilogy, so the story and character progression of Ezio runs through all 3 games. Finally boring open world? Again tell me what more do you find in other open world games?

I haven't played the others but that's irrelevant because I'm only talking about AC2. A game that has shitty graphics in 2009 is bad. Uncharted 2 from 2009 had way more color and really great visuals. Uncharted isn't really repetitive. Finding treasures was always fun and not boring. The controls in climbing in Uncharted 2 are much better than AC2. Ac2 feels clunky. I don't see how Uncharted is repetitive. Each level doesn't feel the same. Some requires strategy and stealth. Others are more fun gun blazing. Plus way more weapons in that game.

3 minutes ago, Starlove- said:

This should have been a status update, though.

Nah I want to see how others feel about this game. Feedback is great other than trolls

1 minute ago, The Titan said:

I haven't played the others but that's irrelevant because I'm only talking about AC2. A game that has shitty graphics in 2009 is bad. Uncharted 2 from 2009 had way more color and really great visuals. Uncharted isn't really repetitive. Finding treasures was always fun and not boring. The controls in climbing in Uncharted 2 are much better than AC2. Ac2 feels clunky. I don't see how Uncharted is repetitive. Each level doesn't feel the same. Some requires strategy and stealth. Others are more fun gun blazing. Plus way more weapons in that game.

No, that's not irrelevant, it's like a book or a movie you'll understand the whole story and characters when you finish it not just by one chapter. I just told you why Uncharted 1-3 are repetitive, all you do is shoot at mindless waves of enemies, a little break for some climbing and here we go again. Finally you compare a stealthy open world game set in 15th century to a modern era run and gun game? Really?? Stealth was first introduced in Uncharted 4 after the team has  done TLOU, 1-3 had no stealth, just linear run-cover-shoot action. "Way more weapons"???? Are you kidding me, let me see...Hidden blades, throwing knives, swords, daggers, long heavy weapons, poison darts, berserk darts...

• Like 2

I locked this thread briefly because we're getting reports about it, and even though I think it might go nowhere but south I'll keep it open and see what happens. As always try to keep things as articulate as possible in here and try not to fling crap at each other :P 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I locked this thread briefly because we're getting reports about it, and even though I think it might go nowhere but south I'll keep it open and see what happens. As always try to keep things as articulate as possible in here and try not to fling crap at each other :P 

No one is insulting each other so I don't see why locking this thread would be a good idea.the reports are probably from rolltide.

17 minutes ago, KamakuraHero said:

No, that's not irrelevant, it's like a book or a movie you'll understand the whole story and characters when you finish it not just by one chapter. I just told you why Uncharted 1-3 are repetitive, all you do is shoot at mindless waves of enemies, a little break for some climbing and here we go again. Finally you compare a stealthy open world game set in 15th century to a modern era run and gun game? Really?? Stealth was first introduced in Uncharted 4 after the team has  done TLOU, 1-3 had no stealth, just linear run-cover-shoot action. "Way more weapons"???? Are you kidding me, let me see...Hidden blades, throwing knives, swords, daggers, long heavy weapons, poison darts, berserk darts...

I paid 15 bucks for one game. so I expect the story I paid for 15 bucks. That's like saying I bought Harry Potter 1 and hated it and someone told me "hey you have to buy the other 7 movies to like the plot". So yah it is irrelevant. I didn't pay for the other 2 Ezio games so they're plots don't matter to me. Stealth has always been in the Uncharted games. Yes it was optional but it was still part of the game. LOU had more stealth in it but that doesn't mean Uncharted had none. AC2 had weapons but Uncharted also had good ass weapons. Fucking love Ak47 and take down enemies or using a rocket launcher to blow up a truck.

2 minutes ago, The Titan said:

No one is insulting each other so I don't see why locking this thread would be a good idea.the reports are probably from rolltide.

I paid 15 bucks for one game. so I expect the story I paid for 15 bucks. That's like saying I bought Harry Potter 1 and hated it and someone told me "hey you have to buy the other 7 movies to like the plot". So yah it is irrelevant. I didn't pay for the other 2 Ezio games so they're plots don't matter to me. Stealth has always been in the Uncharted games. Yes it was optional but it was still part of the game. LOU had more stealth in it but that doesn't mean Uncharted had none. AC2 had weapons but Uncharted also had good ass weapons. Fucking love Ak47 and take down enemies or using a rocket launcher to blow up a truck.

Ok, you have your opinion and i have mine. I presented you some points and you just compared 2 different games. One last thing though..please tell me where in the first 3 Uncharted games are the stealth sections?

1 minute ago, KamakuraHero said:

Ok, you have your opinion and i have mine. I presented you some points and you just compared 2 different games. One last thing though..please tell me where in the first 3 Uncharted games are the stealth sections?

It's been 2 years since I played Uncharted 1-3. I remember playing Uncharted 3 and there was a section in the airport. There was a ton of enemies and I was playing crushing. So gun blazing wasn't a good idea. So I did stealth. Wasn't easy but it was damn satisfying.

1 hour ago, The Titan said:

Remember: When someone dislikes a game you like, they are automatically a troll! 

Were you born yesterday? I already stated why i hated it.

Silly. That's not what makes a troll. But you already knew that when you started this thread. ;)

A guy can't come to a public game forum to talk about games? What? Does it have to be a college thesis? Can't it just be a popcorn conversation? Different opinions should be welcome and not reprimended, if you don't like this type of thread, no1 is forcing u to post, just walk away. No need to censor the OP either.

Regarding the topic I played AC 2 after playing Brotherhood so I didn't like it much either. But for the ppl who played AC then AC2, it was a great improvement so I understand why it is so popular.

• Like 3

I can understand where OP is coming from. Several years back I as super into the games just from the concept alone. I played every game from 1 to 4 without a second thought but now I don't want anything to do with them. Got real tired of the formula and any story bits that take place in the present bored me to death.  My favorite one is 4 only because of the pirating stuff. Nothing to do with the assassin stuff. AC games have a lot of flair but imo there are so many other stealth game series that are more enjoyable. I must say though I enjoyed the hell out of the multiplayer of these games. 

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

While I don't agree with this whole notion, I did have the thought of starting a thread with a "Quantify your Ratings" concept. Give concrete characteristics that justify how someone rates games they way they do. I'd be curious if people really think out assigning value to specifics or they just look at a game and say "It's a 7" because it was "okay."

The problem with ratings is that they're far to emotional and don't actually convey any actual data. It's a quantifier of nothingness. On top of that, everyone's nothingness will be different.

that's what I like about reviews...everyone focuses on something different based on their personal experience, evolution, and history...some people simply play a game and rate it great while others get bored early and rate it terrible based on a feeling...both sides may also focus on minute details or get hung up on one particular characteristic...some will delve into a series or dev's history while others couldn't care less...some create alt accounts to add praise, some to criticise...some praise or criticise just for the sake of doing so...some play it on day one while others review years down the road...some write essays, other might post something as simple as a meme to voice their opinion...and so on...in the end, whatever the motivation or score, it all tends to even out...so the nothingness becomes the everythingness...love it...

4 hours ago, Starlove- said:

I love threads like these.

I've started some few opinion threads myself, and I think they are fun to contribute to and people looking to maybe purchase the game might get an idea what the game is like.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BG_painter said:

A guy can't come to a public game forum to talk about games? What? Does it have to be a college thesis? Can't it just be a popcorn conversation? Different opinions should be welcome and not reprimended, if you don't like this type of thread, no1 is forcing u to post, just walk away. No need to censor the OP either.

Apparently not. You can't have an opinion without someone telling you that you are wrong and that you're a troll who wants attention........It's almost....as if.....different people have different opinions? gasp who would have thought?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Titan said:

Apparently not. You can't have an opinion without someone telling you that you are wrong and that you're a troll who wants attention........It's almost....as if.....different people have different opinions? gasp who would have thought?  

Congratulaions, you've managed to get more than 90 posts on your baiting topic so I hope you accomplished what you aimed for. You've also managed to post more than 15 times in your own thread, so essentially you've wasted an entire day monitoring your own mess. Meanwhile, you could've taken that time and actually done something constructive with your time and bettered yourself by reading a book, helping others, playing a video game, adopting a rescue puppy, etc. etc.

What's great about this site is there are people out there with similar likes as yourself. Go and find them and connect with them. There's plenty of games and genres I have no interest in but I'm not going to waste my time, and their time, telling them my opinion. At the end of the day, they're still going to like what they like, and I'm going to like what I like. It's great there's a variety in gaming, it makes the industry better as a whole, and provides more financial security.

Next time you get bored, refrain from making a game-baiting thread and actually do something that's positive for yourself, or someone else. I'm sure you've gotten a rush at times with various comments today but when this gets locked, you'll have an empty feeling inside and it will have been for nothing. Instead, take that yearning for stirring people up and aim it to better yourself, your community, the world. You'll feel better when your head hits the pillow. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Congratulaions, you've managed to get more than 90 posts on your baiting topic so I hope you accomplished what you aimed for. You've also managed to post more than 15 times in your own thread, so essentially you've wasted an entire day monitoring your own mess. Meanwhile, you could've taken that time and actually done something constructive with your time and bettered yourself by reading a book, helping others, playing a video game, adopting a rescue puppy, etc. etc.

What's great about this site is there are people out there with similar likes as yourself. Go and find them and connect with them. There's plenty of games and genres I have no interest in but I'm not going to waste my time, and their time, telling them my opinion. At the end of the day, they're still going to like what they like, and I'm going to like what I like. It's great there's a variety in gaming, it makes the industry better as a whole, and provides more financial security.

Next time you get bored, refrain from making a game-baiting thread and actually do something that's positive for yourself, or someone else. I'm sure you've gotten a rush at times with various comments today but when this gets locked, you'll have an empty feeling inside and it will have been for nothing. Instead, take that yearning for stirring people up and aim it to better yourself, your community, the world. You'll feel better when your head hits the pillow. 

like as if that was my intentions lmao. Also I made most of my posts when I was in school so saying I could done something else is completely irrelevant. Also you clearly got "baited" since you're still here. Hate me as much as you want yet at the end of the day YOU are wasting your time on me. 

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

The entire franchise has been complete shit from day 1 imo. If you don’t like it...then sue me xoxoxo

I thought I'd look at your profile and see what crap you'd been playing instead, but then realised you've got some damn fine games on there. ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

I thought I'd look at your profile and see what crap you'd been playing instead, but then realised you've got some damn fine games on there. 1f44d.png

Nice. Thanks haha. I saw you quoted me, and was prepared to be on the defensive...y’know. For having an mind of my own ‘n all that. But wrong I was.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 18/05/2018 at 1:21 AM, The Titan said:

Terrible game, in my opinion. I don't see how anyone enjoyed this game.

Different strokes for different folks, but then saying "I don't see how anyone enjoyed this game" after acknowledging that you not liking it is your own opinion and not a fact is extremely hypocritical. That's the biggest problem with these kinds of threads (anywhere, not just in here): instead of actually providing criticism as to why the game in question is bad, they just flame whoever likes it.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 6:33 AM, BRKs_Eagle said:

Different strokes for different folks, but then saying "I don't see how anyone enjoyed this game" after acknowledging that you not liking it is your own opinion and not a fact is extremely hypocritical. That's the biggest problem with these kinds of threads (anywhere, not just in here): instead of actually providing criticism as to why the game in question is bad, they just flame whoever likes it.

I completely forgot about this thread. Move on lol

I can understand the case that the movement as well as other gameply aspects don't hold up well today but at the time it was a huge step up from AC1. Not many AC games since this one have come close to the level of story telling. I know what it's like to go against popular opinion believe me I wasn't a fan of Last Of Us. If you don't like the game then Ultimately that is your opinion but to me this is one of the high points of the AC franchise.