Howling Tries Trophy Hunting

Howling-Lady

Last summer, I got my first plat, Horizon: Zero Dawn. I really loved the game and went for the plat after seeing how easy it was. After that, I started looking for more. Added several plats since last year but I'm looking for more, that and improving my profile. I previously gamed a lot on PS2 as a kid, but didn't get a PS3 until 2515 with the PS4 had already out. Got myself a PS4 in early 2017 so my collection of games is rather small, though I've been expanding it with various sales since then. I made the mistake of getting some games on PS3 that I never finished and have a few games with 2-5 trophies that I've hidden as I have no interest in ever playing them again.

Since joining this site, I've been steadily improving my completion percentage, used to sit around 40% I think when I joined, now it's at 55.87%. I've also accumulated 12 Platinums. I'd like to improve on both so I'm going to use this as a journal of sorts to document my growth as a trophy hunter.

Platinums #1-10

Spoiler

1. Lfad333.png 

Horizon: Zero Dawn (Obtained June 11, 2017) (100% 24 May 2018)

I really enjoyed playing HZD, though it took me a while to get into it. I heard from some people online that it had an easy Platinum and thought why not go for it. It was a nice moment for me and started an urge to keep hunting for Platinums. The DLC for this game was also enjoyable from the new skills, to the enemies, and the story itself. 

2. Ld80014.png

Life is Strange (Obtained June 15, 2017)

Quick and easy, took about 1 day. I was eager for more plats after the first.

3. L2b805f.png

The Wolf Among Us (PS3) (Obtained October 8, 2017)

Another easy plat, though it took me a while to get into it and thus finish it.

4. Lc0ac55.png

Nubla (Obtained December 23, 2017)

First game I sought out deliberately because it was an easy plat. Took me an hour or so but it was enjoyable.

5. L1c7a3f.png

Tales From the Borderlands (PS4) (Obtained December 25, 2017)

I originally got this because it was on PS+ and played it on and off for a few months. 

6. L6170fc.png 

Dishonored 2 (Obtained December 30, 2017)

One I'm rather proud of as I put in effort to achieve and I genuinely loved this game. It was the first in the series for me and very fun.

7. Lb32b8c.png

Mass Effect: Andromeda (Obtained January 25, 2018)

My second proudest achievement, took effort and time, especially since my first run of this game was quick and didn't knock out a lot of trophies.

8. Lddc1d7.png 

Teslagrad (Obtained February 26, 2018)

Another game I sought out because of its easy trophy list. Protective Father was the bane of my existence for about 1 week as I struggled to get it.

9. Le71ec5.png

Undertale (PS4) (Obtained April 8th, 2018)

A quick and easy game, very enjoyable. I played it for the story and the Platinum too.

10. Lf72fab.png

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS4) (Obtained May 5, 2018)

The Platinum I'm most proud of achieving. As soon as I saw that I was close to a milestone, I knew it had to be Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts holds a special place for me. It was the first game series I fell in love with and that love remained through the years. Replaying it on PS4 was mostly a joy, aside from some trouble farming for synthesis materials. 

#11-20

Spoiler

11.L5f8e5b.png

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (Obtained May 10, 2018)

First purchased not long after I platted Dishonored 2, I played it briefly before shelving it. Returned months later to finish it. Still didn't enjoy much, but it was pretty easy to plat.

12. L54f498.png

Hellbalde: Senua's Sacrifice (Obtained May 13, 2018)

A really interesting game with an easy trophy list. Got it done in one sitting.

13. spacer.pngspacer.pngL51c25e.png

Unravel (Obtained June 1, 2018

A nice little game, not too difficult except for the Not So Fragile trophy. That took a lot of attempts on some levels, but overall a fun game.

14. L3aa1a5.png

Claire (Obtained June 5, 2018) 

I regret this one, game wasn't fun and it glitched out a few times, didn't ruin any trophies but forced several reloads and wasted time. Took longer than it should have and I did not enjoy it at all.

15. La0009b.png

God of War (PS3) (Obtained June 13,2018) 

I got this on sale a long time ago and just never really got around to playing it much. Picked it up again for Camp WannalottaPlat and finally finished it. Pretty short game, good combat, but man the camera was annoying.

16. L827e0a.png

Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Obtained June 20, 2018) 

A quite and easy plat, BtS was enjoyable, specially episode 2's play section, but I didn't like ep 3 and the ending in general. Having played the first game, it was hard not to compare them. Despite my issues with the first one's ending, I think overall it was a better game than this. Still, a worthy addition to the series.

17. L57216c.png

Bloodborne (Obtained June 21, 2018) (100% October 30, 2018)

An amazing game that lived up to the hype. I enjoyed almost everyone moment of this game, except for the chalice dungeons which quickly grew boring. Still I really enjoyed it, specially when I went back and completed the dlc. I have gone back to it since finishing the dlc and started a new character too. It's a really fun game once you get a hang of the combat system and if you can handle dying multiple times in the same spot. 

18. L0024ed.png

Rime (Obtained August 3, 2018)

Not much to say, it's a beautiful and easy game that was free on PS+.

19. L0e6070.png

Old Man's (Obtained August 7, 2018)

A really quick and relaxing game that was really cheap. Took me only 2hrs but it was enjoyable.

20. Lf6f721.png

Dragon Age: Inquisition (Obtained September 12, 2018)

A long time in the making, I planned for this to be my 20th plat and it was a bit of a struggle. I didn't enjoy the game as much as I had hoped, partially because I waited so long to play it and was thoroughly spoiled and aware of it's failings. I did end up enjoying a good chunk of the game and the Nightmare playthrough was actually pretty easy. I'm glad I stuck through it and made it a milestone. It's place as #20 is more about my love for the series than this game itself, but it did take me around 100hrs to plat and I haven't even finished all the dlc trophies.

#21-30 (In Progress)

Spoiler

21. Ldb977c.png

Energy Cycle NA (Obtained September 12, 2018)

After so much time invested into DAI, I just wanted a quick easy game. This more than fit the bill, specially with an exploit that allowed me to plat in less than 1hr.

22.L19f229.png

Slyde (Obtained September 12, 2018)

I'm embarrassed about this one, but it's a plat and very cheap.

23.L1398d7.png

Marve's Spider-Man (Obtained September 23, 2018)

I wasn't planning on getting this game but several friends of my were playing it and I gave it a shot. It was amazing. I loved the combat of the game and the way the story developed. It's easy trophy list was a nice bonus for a game I ended up really loving. I have to go back and purchase the dlc to get the 100% but that won't be a chore.

24.L4544d2.png

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (Obtained October 20, 2018)

Another game my friends' enthusiasm got me into and I loved. My first foray into the AC series and a very enjoyable one, though I understand it's quite different from the rest of the series. The story's mid and final thirds were a bit messy and not very good, but overall a really enjoyable game that I sunk around 100hrs into. I purchased the edition with the dlc so I will be coming back to this as the dlc is released. 

25. L4c5cb3.png

Energy Cycle EU (Obtained October 25, 2018)

A palate cleanser of sorts and me trying out how stacking games through multiple regions worked.

26. L72794f.png (Obtained December 11, 2018)

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (Obtained December 11, 2018)

I love the KH series but this game is a low point for me. The story is ruined by rehashing the events of KH1 in each world and the combat was annoying. Playing as Riku and not being able to edit the decks also mad it very difficult in certain worlds. 

27.Lca7015.png

Burly Men at Sea (Obtained January 12, 2019)

Short and easy game, but very repetitive and boring. I had a rare glitch during the middle of the game, but it wasn't a too bad to fix.

100% Games

Spoiler

1. Ld78344.png KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS(PS3) (Obtained May 6, 2018)

2. Le0eca5.png KINGDOM HEARTS RE:CODED(PS3) (Obtained May 9, 2018)

3.L0ac77d.png Abzu (Obtained June 2, 2018) 

PS4 Games (Active)

Spoiler

PS4 games I'm in the process of playing at the moment. Some are more active than others. Currently Re:CoM is the game I'm working on getting trophies for. Overwatch is my go-to mp game and I'm not usually trophy hunting in it, mostly play competitive with some friends. This also includes the rest of the Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 collection that I plan on playing.

•  
  • L39546f.png Overwatch: Origins Edition | 65/76 Trophies
  •  
  • L72794f.png Kingdom Hearts II |0/51 Trophies
  • L72794f.png Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep |0/46 Trophies
  • Ld0c57d.png The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt|0/79 Trophies

PS3 Games (Active)

Spoiler

PS3 I'm working on. I don't usually play on PS3, but these are games I plan on trying to earn trophies for. Don't expect plats except for 1 or 2, but I'd like to raise these trophy grades. Ranked from most to least likely to play.

• La8ddd9.png Mass Effect 2 |48/59 Trophies
  • Lc52dd6.png Dragon Age 2 |49/66 Trophies
  • Lc8c338.png Dragon Age: Origins |44/77 Trophies
  • L80ff90.png Skyrim |20/76 Trophies
  • Lb6dda2.png Fallout 3 |20/73 Trophies
  • L0e3522.png Mass Effect |24/47 Trophies
  • L1953a9.png Kingdom Hearts Final Mix |25/56 Trophies

Inactive Games

Spoiler

PS3 and PS4 that I own, but are not actively playing, in the case of the PS3 games, its unlikely I'll go back to finish them.

• L8f6609.png Final Fantasy XII |29/41 Trophies
  • L5e9b45.png Final Fantasy X |1/34 Trophies
  • Lc6ad0c.png Final Fantasy X-2 |0/35 Trophies
  • Le31f85.png Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |23/68
  • Lc5ecb9.png Fifa 17 |37/45 Trophies
  • L43a6d2.png Black Ops 3 | 14/99 Trophies
  • L29a349.png SSX |10/37 Trophies
  • Lcab1aa.png CoD: Modern Warfare 3 |25/77 Trophies
  • L15fd6b.png Fifa 14  |19/44 Trophies
  • La66d39.png Fifa 16 |23/45 Trophies
  • L29e03d.png Final Fantasy XIII |15/36 Trophies

Unplayed Games

Spoiler

Games I own but have yet to start. Listed in no particular order. 

• Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  • Trine Enchanted Edition
  • Trine 2
  • Trine 3: Artifacts of Power
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Infamous: First Light
  • The Wolf Among Us(PS4)
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Energy Cycle
  • Energy Invasion
  • Energy Cycle (EU)
  • Slyde
  • Knack
  • 36 Fragments of Midnight
  • Midnight Delux
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Grand Kingdom
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
  • Journey
  • Grow Up
  • Grow Home
  • Old Man's Journey
  • Twin Robots
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
  • Hue
  • Dishonored Definitive Edition

That's about it. At the moment I'm working on KH Re:CoM on PS4 and hoping to plat it. I want to keep my completion percentage at over 55% so no starting a new game for a while. I dislike the card system of Re:CoM so I might try playing a short game while working on it, but I'm probably won't start a new game until I've raised a low rank to at least B. If you have any suggestions for easy games to 100% or plat, let me know and I'll see about getting them.

Update:

Back to trying to keep a decent log of my trophy hunting adventures. Got my completion to over 70% as of November 2018 and will hopefully keep it that way.

Edited by Howling-Lady
Updating
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Howling-Lady said:

That's about it. At the moment I'm working on KH Re:CoM on PS4 and hoping to plat it. I want to keep my completion percentage at over 55% so no starting a new game for a while. I dislike the card system of Re:CoM so I might try playing a short game while working on it, but I'm probably won't start a new game until I've raised a low rank to at least B. If you have any suggestions for easy games to 100% or plat, let me know and I'll see about getting them.

Your small list of platinums look quite good! I'm trying to start less games to improve my percentage,

you can give yourself a rule like ''finish 2 games and then start / buy a new one''.

For the things you own i suggest just kicking out the easiest platinums first like :

• Life is Strange : Before The Storm
  • Rime
  • Infamous serie (2 playthroughs needed for both games but doesn't take long)
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Energy cycle/balance
  • 36 Fragments Of Midnight (takes 1.5 hour max)
  • Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (don't pay attention to this game, it's a walking simulator)

And why don't you want to finish Modern Warfare 3 on the ps3? It's such a great game!

4 hours ago, Wuthg21 said:

Your small list of platinums look quite good! I'm trying to start less games to improve my percentage,

you can give yourself a rule like ''finish 2 games and then start / buy a new one''.

For the things you own i suggest just kicking out the easiest platinums first like :

• Life is Strange : Before The Storm
  • Rime
  • Infamous serie (2 playthroughs needed for both games but doesn't take long)
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Energy cycle/balance
  • 36 Fragments Of Midnight (takes 1.5 hour max)
  • Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (don't pay attention to this game, it's a walking simulator)

And why don't you want to finish Modern Warfare 3 on the ps3? It's such a great game!

Yeah I was thinking something like getting 2 games to A rank before starting a new one. I’m currently working on then Kingdom Hearts games as I really enjoy them, minus the card system in CoM. I do think as I get closer to the end of CoM, that I’ll start one of the easy games just to have a change of pace.

As for MW3, I just didnt care for the special ops mode much and don’t feel the desire to work on those trophies. I might go back and finish the campaign mode trophies but for now I have other games in PS3 that I want to work on first, Fallout 3 and Skyrim both have a lot of unearned trophies I can work on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First update, I added another platinum, and another 100% game, both for the Camp Wannalottaplat event.

L51c25e.png

40-platinum.png #13 Unravel (Obtained June 1, 2018)

Really enjoyable game and rather easy. Only the Not So Fragile trophy game me trouble. 

L0ac77d.png

Abzu 100% (Obtained June 2, 2018)

A beautiful exploration game. Short but I enjoyed it and found the small bits of story interesting.

Edited by Howling-Lady

Much like yourself, I too have a small list of platinums. But I dare say that I've become addicted to hunting them lol.

I used to be an an Xbox gamer (The shame) before moving to PlayStation.

My first plat was Slyde. It took like 20 something seconds or something. 

Since then I've built a few difficult games into my collection.

At The moment, I'm currently going for 2 plats.

One is Mortal Kombat X and the other is Grand theft auto San Andreas.

I prefer playing difficult games with a high reward so that I feel like I've accomplished something. Like Overwatch. A great game with some pretty difficult trophies. Thankfully I found a boosting session and was able to grind out the difficult ones.

• Like 1

Plat #14

L3aa1a5.png

Not a fun game and I had some bad luck with it glitching out a few times forcing me to close the game, including one time that cost me a decent chunk of progress. All around not enjoyable, only saving grace is that it wasn't too long and I got it on PS+ so no money wasted.

2 hours ago, Howling-Lady said:

Plat #14

L3aa1a5.png

Not a fun game and I had some bad luck with it glitching out a few times forcing me to close the game, including one time that cost me a decent chunk of progress. All around not enjoyable, only saving grace is that it wasn't too long and I got it on PS+ so no money wasted.

Yeah, I'm still unsure how I felt about that game. It was...odd.

It kinda fell into Dead Synchronicity territory for me, which belongs to games too dark and depressing to be enjoyable. I don't know if I ran into any glitches on my playthrough, but the whole game FEELS like a glitch, so it's hard to tell.

12 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, I'm still unsure how I felt about that game. It was...odd.

It kinda fell into Dead Synchronicity territory for me, which belongs to games too dark and depressing to be enjoyable. I don't know if I ran into any glitches on my playthrough, but the whole game FEELS like a glitch, so it's hard to tell.

The screen glitching in certain parts was annoying but from what other's have said, I think I just had some really bad luck with glitches. Had several glitches after loading saves where Claire would be transparent and unable to interact with anything, first time I thought it was part of the game. As for the story, honestly I started smashing x through any dialogue pretty early on. I wouldn't have bothered platting this if the first trophy wasn't so easy to get. I wasn't expecting a trophy so soon and it certainly taught me to pay either play games on alts first or pay more attention to the early trophies.

La0009b.png

# 15 God of War (PS3)

First game I've cleared of my PS3 backlog this year, not counting the Kingdom Hearts movies. Once I actually got to playing it it was good, short but mostly enjoyable. The camera was a massive pain in some parts and the Challenge of the Gods took me quite a while but worth it for the Dairy Bastard costume that made a speedrun easy.

Edited by Howling-Lady

L827e0a.png

#16 Life is Strange: Before the Storm

A short enjoyable game as part of Camp WannalottaPlat. Like the original the trophies are easy and missing the collectible is no issue with its game great collector mode that’s make suden of the game’s frequent checkpoints. 

#17 Bloodborne

L57216c.png

A truly spectacular game, well worth the hype. My first attempt at the soulsborne series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Difficult but so rewarding once you find your style. Some of those chalices bosses, specially the last few, were real pains and took many attempts, but I did all the chalices dungeons alone and most of the story bosses. I only had help on Amelia and the Shadows, everything else I did alone. I still have dlc to complete, but I'm not sure when I'll get to that. This also gave me the urge to try Dark Souls, but I have enough games on my backlog without adding more.

• 4 months later...

Been months since I've posted on here. Life got busy and I ended July with barely any trophies. Got back into things in August, picking up 2 easy plats. 

#18 Rime

L0024ed.png

Fun little game from PS+ a few months back. I took a large break in the middle of playing it but finished it off in August. It's pretty sure but interesting and easy.

#19 Old Man's Journey

L0e6070.png

A relaxing 2hr game. I didn't expect much from this game and was pleasantly surprised by how relaxing i found it. I'm glad I played it.

#20 Dragon Age: Inquisition

Lf6f721.png

A long time in the making, this took me over year to plat. I'd previously been a big fan of this series but with my late start into PS4 games, by the time I played I already new everything that happened and it was a rather long slog through the game, particularly as I did a second playthrough for the Nightmare difficulty trophy and a few others I missed the first time around. I still have dlc trophies left but I'm not sure when I'll get back into those.

21. Ldb977c.png

Energy Cycle NA (Obtained September 12, 2018)

After so much time invested into DAI, I just wanted a quick easy game. This more than fit the bill, specially with an exploit that allowed me to plat in less than 1hr.

22.L19f229.png

Slyde (Obtained September 12, 2018)

I'm embarrassed about this one, but it's a plat and very cheap.

23.L1398d7.png

Marve's Spider-Man (Obtained September 23, 2018)

I wasn't planning on getting this game but several friends of my were playing it and I gave it a shot. It was amazing. I loved the combat of the game and the way the story developed. It's easy trophy list was a nice bonus for a game I ended up really loving. I have to go back and purchase the dlc to get the 100% but that won't be a chore.

24.L4544d2.png

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (Obtained October 20, 2018)

Another game my friends' enthusiasm got me into and I loved. My first foray into the AC series and a very enjoyable one, though I understand it's quite different from the rest of the series. The story's mid and final thirds were a bit messy and not very good, but overall a really enjoyable game that I sunk around 100hrs into. I purchased the edition with the dlc so I will be coming back to this as the dlc is released. 

25. L4c5cb3.png

Energy Cycle EU (Obtained October 25, 2018)

A palate cleanser of sorts and me trying out how stacking games through multiple regions worked.

• 4 weeks later...

#26 Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS4) Obtained December 11, 2018)

1897538-box_khrcom.png

Despite my love for this series, this game ranks low for me. The card combat took some getting used to and I especially hated not being able to edit my deck as Riku. The long grind to level up and acquire all the enemy cards was also a pain. Glad to be done with this. I know I'll never get the PS3 one done.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a nice little list! I've been meaning to get back into Dragon Age Inquisition but I've been dreading the nightmare playthrough, since I was never all that good at the combat, even on a normal playthrough... how hard did you find it?

I'm working on Spider-Man as well and it really is a fantastic game - though usually whenever I get to an MJ or Miles sneaking mission I end up deciding it's time to take a break for the day. I regret not getting the digital deluxe when it was on sale but I was pressed for money - guess I'll wait for the next DLC sale... 

@Darling Baphomet Thanks. For DAI nightmare, I played a S&S warrior with the Champion specialization so it was easy to survive, also either 2 mages for barrier spam or 2 brought Cassandra along for survival.  One that I'd recommand is keeping track of what magic your mages are using, on Nightmare a lot of enemies and bosses have immunity to various elements and it's a pain to struggle through a fight with your mage not doing any damage. You don't have to swap your mages, just having staffs with different elements helped. Also, tactical camera, it's bit of a pain to get used to, but you need it to keep your mages and archers in good positions. 

Spider-Man was great, though I also didn't get the Deluxe version and haven't gotten the DLC yet. I've got a lot of games I'm trying to work through so I won't come back for a while, I'm not very good at combat on the highest difficulty anyway.

• Like 1