[Video] Earning Trophies From different regions on Vita without CFW

MychaelB

1 minute ago, MychaelB said:

Basically, you're still earning the plat just syncing it to the account that you want. Like a form of game sharing but not as easy as PS4 lol

Not really like gamesharing, that's essentially "trophy sharing", wouldn't you technically be able to clone any trophy list from any account?

Say for example, player A gets 3-4 region exclusive platinum on his main account, then player B follows your method to sync the trophies in his account, wouldn't both end up with the same trophies with the same timestamps? (also, you could even go as far as players A gets 50 platinum in his account that player B doesn't has, then player B follows your method and gets the same 50 platinum instantly on his account, but with the original timestamps).

I may be missing something and that may not be possible, but if it's, I'm not going to say more...

• Like 1

No that's not correct Han, it syncs to one account not clone. So both players don't get them.

If it's that big of a deal, delete the thread I had just made a video on it. I'm sorry if it was upsetting anyone.

16 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Did this really need a separate thread? Anyway, here's the thread that this video is based on, with text instructions and a whole boatload of discussion:

I appreciate this separate thread to talk only about this video itself, rather than going 282 replies in to find a video and sifting through all the garbage in there.

4 minutes ago, MychaelB said:

If it's that big of a deal, delete the thread I had just made a video on it. I'm sorry if it was upsetting anyone.

You are fine. 

• Like 3

Thank you mate if you get stuck at all or anything let me know. I too hated sifting through the comments on that thread especially since it was mainly whinge after whinge. 

I know some people prefer video over text, I just apologise for the quality but I did what I could with what I Have.

Don't have the same stuff I did since moving to Australia.

41 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Not really like gamesharing, that's essentially "trophy sharing", wouldn't you technically be able to clone any trophy list from any account?

Say for example, player A gets 3-4 region exclusive platinum on his main account, then player B follows your method to sync the trophies in his account, wouldn't both end up with the same trophies with the same timestamps? (also, you could even go as far as players A gets 50 platinum in his account that player B doesn't has, then player B follows your method and gets the same 50 platinum instantly on his account, but with the original timestamps).

I may be missing something and that may not be possible, but if it's, I'm not going to say more...

In case you didn’t catch the reply. Once trophies are synced to an account once, they’re done. No syncing twice. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Any chance of getting the banhammer with this?

In the thread Sly said this isn’t flaggable/bannable by itself, but use at your own risk. Trophies may sync in weird orders if you sync more than one at a time and if they sync in an impossible order, you’ll be flagged as normal. 

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

In case you didn’t catch the reply. Once trophies are synced to an account once, they’re done. No syncing twice. 

Ok thanks for explaining that! Then I don't have or see any problem with it trophy wise..

I actually didn't even knew of the other thread until they linked this to it, so I had no clue if it had such a limitation.

Still, Sony is hit or miss with their banning, so I personally wouldn't risk it and I would feel uncomfortable giving my login info into a 3rd party site/app, like the vid says that we need to do. But then, this thing to some extent isn't for someone like me, since at max, I could use it to play JPN only or Asia only digital games, but I rarely do that because of the language barrier.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

42 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok thanks for explaining that! Then I don't have or see any problem with it trophy wise..

I actually didn't even knew of the other thread until they linked this to it, so I had no clue if it had such a limitation.

Still, Sony is hit or miss with their banning, so I personally wouldn't risk it and I would feel uncomfortable giving my login info into a 3rd party site/app, like the vid says that we need to do. But then, this thing to some extent isn't for someone like me, since at max, I could use it to play JPN only or Asia only digital games, but I rarely do that because of the language barrier.

Theres no chance Sony is banning for this particular circumstance. 

Also, there are no 3rd party sites/apps. Most people aren’t aware there is a Mail app on the Vita, but it’s definitely Sony’s. And all you’re getting from anywhere is the instructions for sending a calendar invite, which you could put in yourself instead, and that’s what allows the account switch. 

I would say the target user group is fairly limited since I’m willing to wager most people don’t break the terms of service that says you’ll only have and use a PSN account related to the country of your primary residence.

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

Yes. It's easy to detect and proof that you have used unauthorised software on your console. If somebody reports you to Sony then you would risk being banned for it.

What unauthorized software?! Please stop trying to scare people with lies. 

5 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

signup.ics

Please Google an ics file is. It’s a calendar invite that has a Day, time and invitees for a meeting. The Email app actually recognizes them when they’re coded correctly, the one your asking the Vita to open has specific stuff that Vita doesn’t read correctly and that’s what allows you to switch account. 

Its not “software”, it’s not an “app”, it’s literally text with a file extension, no different than a .txt or a .html file. 

• Like 1

Ya I agree with that, It's one thing to bring up that it may cause inaccurate time stamps etc. No need to use scare tactics. Nothing is being hidden, it's completely open. 

I still have yet to experience inaccurate time stamps. Hoping that doesn't happen though, I wasn't sure if it was best to sync after each trophy or sync after getting the plat. 
I did notice I think you can only do the sync after each trophy if it's a game that can be opened and then ran in the background. Games like Inksplosion are too demanding for some reason and any other app opening while it's opened causes a force close sadly.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Please Google an ics file is. It’s a calendar invite that has a Day, time and invitees for a meeting. The Email app actually recognizes them when they’re coded correctly, the one your asking the Vita to open has specific stuff that Vita doesn’t read correctly and that’s what allows you to switch account. 

Its not “software”, it’s not an “app”, it’s literally text with a file extension, no different than a .txt or a .html file. 

It doesn't matter how insignificant it is or what you compare it to, it's still software produced by a third party without authorisation from Sony. If Sony is made aware of somebody using this, then obviously they're at risk because it's easy to spot and they have been known to ban people for running unauthorised software on their consoles in the past.

It's not scaring people, it's a warning. If you want to ignore it then by all means go ahead, but I doubt "It was basically just a txt file" is going to be enough to convince Sony to unban someone if it happens.

• Like 1

You're not running software though lol, the software itself is the Email app. 
No sense in arguing about it though so people can interpret it how they feel. Best to research anything before jumping into it anyways.

1 minute ago, Shadiochao said:

It doesn't matter how insignificant it is or what you compare it to, it's still software produced by a third party without authorisation from Sony. If Sony is made aware of somebody using this, then obviously they're at risk because it's easy to spot and they have been known to ban people for running unauthorised software on their consoles in the past.

It's not scaring people, it's a warning. If you want to ignore it then by all means go ahead, but I doubt "It was basically just a txt file" is going to be enough to convince Sony to unban someone if it happens.

No, it’s not even close to what you’re describing. It’s not software and it can be done on the Vita itself, the site is just speeding up the process. Just because you don’t understand it, doesn’t mean you get to make up lies.

You're literally saying if someone reports you to Sony for using the Email app, Sony will ban them. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MychaelB said:

You're not running software though lol, the software itself is the Email app. 
No sense in arguing about it though so people can interpret it how they feel. Best to research anything before jumping into it anyways.

So your saying, you play what platinum you go for on region accounts before transferring it to your main account?

Exactly, the way I've done it is I play the game and earn the platinum on the account that has the region I am after. Then when I have obtained the plat I use the email trick and sign in to my Main account, and sync them on that account. In a sense it's almost like playing on a blank account.