Tennis World Tour Trophy Thoughts, Lazy Icons.....

Kishnabe

Can someone please tell me a good play to dispatch your archetypes ? Like I have 30 in Attack but i am getting destroyed by players like Caroline and all the top 10 players , please i need help. 

Before I had 12 in attack, 11 in defense and the rest on serve and volley, i was still getting destroyed, their stamina bar never goes down ... theres nothing i can do and every tournament i lose takes me farther from number one the maximum ive been was number 10 and thanks to caroline i cant get past that because THE GAME CREATORS MADE HER OVERPOWERED (I know tennis in real life and shes not that good sorry one slam after all those years and because Halep was injured when she had 4-2 but whatever ...) 

.... how the fuck a character you created with maximum stats is still not able to compete with those npc ???? and my energy bar is full. fix your fucking game its extremely annoying at this stage.

(Sorry for bad english writting) I think the problem is that when in carrer mode, whenever you play against the top 3 player the ia dificulty is set on legend, it happends to me on carrer mode, currently playing with a male character and i simply just cant beat federer, I only manage to beat him 2 of 10 encounters..., now I have 11 attack, 12 sever, 7 defense, buyt i think the most important thing is the ability cards you can carry to the match, for example while playing on hard surface (where i manage to beat federer on my game) I use 3 power cards on level 3 and 2 more for agility, my strategy was, on my serve, try to serve as fast and power as i can  and go to the net and win the point there, also always try to place the ball as fas as you can from the net and while playing on return y was using a lot top sipn balls and also drop shots, somehow I manage to win yesterday 3-0 3-1 on the "US open" final, hope this tip can help you on womens carrer... good luck mate!

another thing, does anybody know how many coachs there are, I got 17 and now trophy yet... and the build you academy trophy I think I dont got it 

First of all I made the horrible mistake of putting it on realistic, so the matches are far longer and there doesn't appear to be any way to change that except for making a new character which sucks. So take that into consideration.

So far the highest seed i've beaten was 3, Got absolutely destroyed by the top seed. Didn't matter how well i placed my shots some of the CPU's returns were ridiculous.

I'd also be interested to know if anyone else has issues with their player just sprinting randomly away from the ball whilst trying to hit it, I'm pretty sure it's my error and not the game just wanted to make sure.

On the bright side no online trophies... Just a lot of time sink ones. At least it's a better list than AO Tennis

2 hours ago, Ruukan said:

I'd also be interested to know if anyone else has issues with their player just sprinting randomly away from the ball whilst trying to hit it, I'm pretty sure it's my error and not the game just wanted to make sure.

This is just one of a few errors me and my brother are experiencing. It's rather infuriating when you lose an important point as your dude just runs off the court... I don't understand how a tennis game can have so many glitches! The worst is when the ball comes straight to you, and your character decides he just doesn't want to hit it, and lets the ball roll pass him or through his legs... ?

Look guys, for anyone who have trouble for this one because they can't beat no players on the Top 10, follow this HUGE tip . Also by the way, put ALL YOUR POINTS INTO DEFENSE, ALL YOUR ARCHETYPES. Forget about serve and volley and definitely not power it wont work. As soon as you have your 30 points, follow this and you will get to number 1 in no time. I take 0 credit, thanks to HIM and only HIM if he ever makes a guide ill delete it. i know for some peoples its going to be obvious but I was always stuck in the quarter or semi finals when I had like 12 in attack, 11 in defense and 7 in serve and volley ...

I'll give you a big hint with my playstyle. If I'm serving I'll do a normal A serve and then drop shot cross court. When I'm returning usually I hit crosscourt with a topspin shot, then I'll do a drop shot and if they return I'll usually do a top spin shot down the line. Works 90% of the time. Works better with 30 points into defensive as your control and spin is better.

***Update**
Following all those tips will trememdously help with the 98% of the opponents, but here is some others for the Legend AI's in the game. If you don't know who the Legend AI are, they are the one you meet on the final of every 4 and 5 stars tournaments.

1) Don't try to go for too long rally versus them, if you hit 3-4 shots, then its time to go for the counter. I usually drop shot as it makes them come closer to the net.

2) You will see the Legend AI will hit cross court shots to the perfection no matter where they are. It's because they are trying to make you come deeper into the box to finish you with a shot down the line. Again, after 3-4 cross court shots max, drop shot them. 

3) When they get closer from the net, don't try to hit passing shot. If you try one time and they return it, I would go for a lob, then I would center myself again to prepare for the return. 

4) When your first serve don't work, don't charge the next one. Or if you do, just charge it, but don't aim.

5) When Legend AI is about to lose a set, they tend to serve wide (From my experience), so try to get a bit far and really to the left or to the right depends on which side you're getting served at. when you return it, return it with a cross court shot as hitting it down the line will get you almost instantly punished. 

---- Also, I'm playing on the ladies tour as there is only 5-6 players as opposed to men where they are more than 10-15 I believe. believe it does make the game easier as the generated opponents are less stronger than actual players.

---- I will keep updating this guide with everything I can while I'm going through the game.

Ive also come to realise that the opponent will never make mistake or extremely rarely, and that when the Legend AI is facing a break pointk, the game will give them extra boost regardless of the cards. I'm pretty sure some of you guys already experienced that .

Another thing, for anyone who knows tennis, you know that the number one seed and number two can't meet each others BEFORE the final. What this fake ass disgracefull piece of .. did to make it harder, it's that you meet the Legend AI on the final regardless of your rank. Why would you ask ? Because then you will be at your lowest stamina, and since the AI never loses stamina during the tournament, when they get to you, they are always fresh up. In other words, if you have a tournament and the number 1-2-3-4 players make it to the semi final, then normally, the number should face nuber 3, and 2 faces number 4. But this game did everything it could to break the concept of tennis for the sole purpose of making it hard. 

They lied about the brand, on their website they said that you would have all the popular brand but its only the clothes that the real players are wearing ,you won't be able to have those rackets, at least in the female tour. 

I could go on and on, but once I'm done with this game, Ill be done with them no matter comes after. 

Edited by SteveCheraLouis

I play with 12 attack 11 serve and 7 on defense, I hace won all the big tournaments already in one season, I usually destroy all the players except Federer who is a little hard, but I always beat him 3-1 4-2 or something like that, I play on professional but in carrer mode theres no dificulty settings only the duration of the matches, you should use better cards according to your playstyles and you will win

***Update 2***
So Ive been practicing myself versus Legend AI and ive found a tactic that could help some peoples out there winning a set faster. 

-When you getting served, as soon as the AI serve, you charge a cross court drop shot. If your drop shot is perfect, there will be 2 options. (Option 1) they are going to run but won't have a lot of time so they going to hit a poor shot, now you have to hit a top spin on the line because if you try to hit a cross court top spin, theyre going to volley it instantanely. (Option 2) (the nice one) they won't be able to reach it in time, or simply give us right away. So far, they give up at least 70% of the time, but then again, I'm on the female tour. 

*** After having facing Legend AI 5 times using the same tactic over and over again I confirm, when they serve, you drop and then when they get too close to the net you either hit a passing shot, or lob them!

When it's on your serving game, you hit a top spin serve, and then drop! Should work beautifully !! 

I'm sorry if this guide seems all over the place, once I find a perfect way to counter those fake Legend AI, I will change it completely for it to be more friendly for the eyes.

20 hours ago, Charly_Py said:

I play with 12 attack 11 serve and 7 on defense, I hace won all the big tournaments already in one season, I usually destroy all the players except Federer who is a little hard, but I always beat him 3-1 4-2 or something like that, I play on professional but in carrer mode theres no dificulty settings only the duration of the matches, you should use better cards according to your playstyles and you will win

No disrespect to you, but the cards are going to change little to nothing in this game, I know for a fact. Now let me say this : I had the same exact archetypes as you, and it simply didn't worked for me. What I was aiming to do was to find a way to ensure that all my fellow tennis fans and also trophy chasers would be able to get the number one ranking in the fastest way. Now the solution I gave I believe will really help them, but if you are able to do it easily, then kudos to you :) I was really trying to give a reliable way for those who couldn't achieve victory versus Legends AI . 

On 1/6/2018 at 10:57 AM, SteveCheraLouis said:

No disrespect to you, but the cards are going to change little to nothing in this game, I know for a fact. Now let me say this : I had the same exact archetypes as you, and it simply didn't worked for me. What I was aiming to do was to find a way to ensure that all my fellow tennis fans and also trophy chasers would be able to get the number one ranking in the fastest way. Now the solution I gave I believe will really help them, but if you are able to do it easily, then kudos to you :) I was really trying to give a reliable way for those who couldn't achieve victory versus Legends AI . 

Great mate! I aim you to continue helping everybody! Me included lf course...! Are you googn to make a trophy guide for this game? It would be great to have one, did you manage to obtain all the coaches in carrer mode? No matter how much I play O cant get them all

7 hours ago, Charly_Py said:

Great mate! I aim you to continue helping everybody! Me included lf course...! Are you googn to make a trophy guide for this game? It would be great to have one, did you manage to obtain all the coaches in carrer mode? No matter how much I play O cant get them all

There is 19 coaches I belive ... I'm at 18 currently and nothing popped  but someone once told me 19 ... and 9 Agents !! 

WATCH OUT ALL MY FRIENDS THIS GAME HAS AN UNOBTAINABLE, ALL THAT GLITTERS HASENT UNLOCKED FOR ME AND ONE OF MY FRIEND, FURTHERMORE, EVERY TOURNAMENT GIVES A PIECE OF CLOTHING, I DONT HAVE ANY CLOTHING ANYMORE, PLUS, WHEN I CAN NEGOCIATE FOR SPECIAL CLOTHING, IT JUST SKIPS THE MONTH INSTEAD OF GIVING ME SOMETHING, SHOULD BE FLAGGED IMMEDIATELY

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up! Too bad the game has so many to improve yet... hope all the trophies will be ok with the next patch, also, I can confirm the event for opening the academy cost 100.000! Ot popped for mw on season 22 after wining australiam open, I still need ine coach to have them all

On 04/06/2018 at 8:03 AM, Charly_Py said:

Thanks for the heads up! Too bad the game has so many to improve yet... hope all the trophies will be ok with the next patch, also, I can confirm the event for opening the academy cost 100.000! Ot popped for mw on season 22 after wining australiam open, I still need ine coach to have them all

me too i only need one more coach but really hey do you care about your ranking ? or do you just skip months after months ? Before im scared that if i fall under top 10, nothing will ever appear for me anymore, i might do a copy of my save or something to test it out because the game is very repetitive and playing ecvery slams takes like 30 minutes a slam (im watching tv at the same time) but yeah .... its very boring, i wann be done with it, tommorow there is another update coming out also 

I think ranking does matter, cause if you just keep resting and resting every month, you will lose all your points and ranking and also events stop appearing, I have 18 coaches and Im on season 21 right now, I only play grand slams and the finals every season, hope tomorrows patch will fix all trophies

On 6/6/2018 at 6:13 PM, Charly_Py said:

I think ranking does matter, cause if you just keep resting and resting every month, you will lose all your points and ranking and also events stop appearing, I have 18 coaches and Im on season 21 right now, I only play grand slams and the finals every season, hope tomorrows patch will fix all trophies

Did it fixed it for you my friend ????

5 hours ago, SteveCheraLouis said:

Not at all ... Damn, I hope they going to fix it, becayuse there is a new version coming in 2019 ... The Rolland Garros Edition with new stuffs

Do you think this new version will have a separate new trophy list??

On 10/06/2018 at 4:19 AM, Charly_Py said:

Do you think this new version will have a separate new trophy list??

I don't know but inside of myself I wish yes. They said re-release so my guess is yes this will be a different list because 

1) There will be the Rolland Garros Court, to put a trophy related to that will be a nice incentive 

2) I'm pretty sure in 1 year they have the time to add and tweak a lot of stuffs, so a new list will definitely be welcomed otherwise I dont think it will sell among us, but Ill still buy the new copy for my collection lol