Explosives Expert trophy on ps3/vita

Kolm

I was having trouble with this one on ps3/vita while I got it without problems on ps4.
First time I had formula's equipped, 2nd time I didn't and shot the barrel twice, but still no trophy.

I was also playing on ps3 because it has more enemies.

That's where the internet stopped giving suggestions...

Somewhere I read someone that also got it on ps4 without problems, but couldn't get it on ps3 cause it glitched.

That's when I thought: Maybe it's in the savefile that is tossed around between all systems because it syncs to the server.

So the steps I took:

1. Take ps3 offline (I pulled the cable to be sure)
  2. Delete all savefiles from CounterSpy
  3. Played the game again and never used formula's
  4. On day 4 I had a nice opportunity: 6 guys in a small hallway, 2 standing next to a red box and 3 walking from and to it. Just had to wait a long time so that 2 enemies synced up the walking towards the box.
  5. Shot the box twice, 5 kill streak
  6. Got it! :dance:
Edited by Kolm
  • Like 2

Yeah. My recommendation (I was playing on Vita) is to make sure not to equip formulas when going for the trophy. Get the Treaty Violator and search for your opportunity. If you can get into the Soviet base for the final mission, oftentimes several rooms will have at least 5 enemies. Watch for the patterns to see when they line up and shoot the treaty violator accordingly, taking care to note of any enemies dressed in black, due to them requiring two explosions to kill

Problem for me was that it didn't work out with the Treaty Violator either. I got it once with 2 blobs about a meter from each other, no trophy...

I was playing on normal day 4-5, so no black enemies there.

I searched the whole internet and tried everything that was told to no avail. The 5x streak showed, but the trophy didn't pop.

Until I tried it on a clean save that wasn't affected by PS4 gameplay. That's when I got it first try. I was still keeping the other things in mind, just to be sure...

So maybe this trick will work for others in the same situation.

I was glad it finally popped today when I tried this. Wasted a whole afternoon on it yesterday to be disappointed over and over again.

OK, I got that trophy yesterday on PS3 system. I had equipped formulas for aiming (for sure). My progress was synced (from PS4) so I could buy that sticky plasma gun (the name I forgot now). I got tropy during 4th or 3rd day (got 6 or 7 plans) in NORMAL mode.

Couple (at least 2) times I had STREAK x5 when I tried to do that trophy after my PS4 progress SYNCED (it was 21th day at NORMAL, had all PLANS), but It didn't POP. I think it's why STREAK counts also when BLOW gets/touches more armoured soldiers and they DON'T DIE instantly during explosion, so I think it's not a bug.

Edited by bratMario

• 4 years later...

Can confirm that I did this today on the Ps4 and the trophy *did not pop.* I had two formulas equipped.

I restarted the mission without the formulas, killed five guards with one explosive and it popped. 

Edited by CptToffer