Top 5 PlayStation Exclusives (Any Gen) You've Played

Another Top 5 thread.  Let's make it a broad one - what are your 5 favourite PS exclusives ever?  

Rules: 

Exclusive = just PS4 / PS3 / PS2 / PS1, or a game thats on PS and PC but NO other consoles (i.e. NieR: Automata).   Lots of PS only console games also see a PC release, so it would be a bit more limiting if I wasn't to include that caveat. 

Not Exclusive = Multi-platform, or if it is a timed exclusive (i.e. Crash Bandicoot).

As a preface, my Top 5 is heavy PS4/PS3 focused.   Reasons for this; I have spent the vast majority of my time with Xbox systems since 2006 due to friends, a decent completionist profile and a love for the system despite its shortcomings.  I acknolwedge current exclusivity issues, and am not an "alligiant" gamer (i.e. I own and enjoy all the 3 of the current gen consoles), which is why I mainly play the PS4 for exclusives.  The same scenario was present for the previous gen; I did the majority of my gaming on PS4, and played the PS3 for exclusives I didn't want to miss out on. 

Another note is that I liked but didn't love Horizon Zero Dawn, I don't massively enjoy JRPG's and haven't got around to playing the Uncharted series yet.

My Top 5 (Reverse Order)

5) Journey

4) God of War

3) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

2) The Last of Us

1) NieR: Automata. 

Edited by phantomfear9494
  • Like 1

1. The Last of Us

2. Uncharted 2

3. Heavy Rain

4. Metal Gear Solid 2

5. Uncharted 1

im sure others would get in there such as Horizon Zero dawn, Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne but haven’t got round to playing these yet.

wipeout was close to the top 5 A’s was Gran turismo 

1. Persona 4 Golden

2. The Last of Us

3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

4. Persona 5

5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Pretty boring top 5 with only 3 different franchises, I know :P, but I just love these games more any other exclusives really. Uncharted 4, Persona 3 FES, LittleBigPlanet and inFamous are honorable mentions but not top 5 material. I haven't played NieR, any of the MGS games, any of the Team Ico games or any of the Quantic Dream games yet, though, so maybe one of those would be in my top 5 when I play them :lol:. This is my top 5 so far, though.

There are many PS exclusives that I like, but, for me, Naughty Dog is unbeatable:

1) The Last of Us

2) Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception 

3) Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

4) Uncharted: The Lost Legacy 

5) Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy 

Edited by Carol
  • Like 2

1. Final Fantasy VII -> Easily my favorite and my most memorable of the Final Fantasy series.  The number of times I've played it and memories I have from it are just unmatched.  Even if the naysayers range anywhere from 'fair points' to 'blind hatred'.

2. Uncharted 2 -> The first game I really played on the PS3 (I got into that gen of console a bit late)... and damn, what a way to start!  Probably tied with Uncharted 4 as far as my favorite in the series goes, but if you held a gun to my head I'd give UC2 an edge for getting there first.

3. LittleBigPlanet 2 -> LittleBigPlanet 1 was too subdued, LittleBigPlanet 3 tried too hard (and wasn't developed by the same folks).  LittleBigPlanet 2 hit that sweet spot right in the middle.  Not just a great platformer with a cute story, but one of the most creative experiences gaming has to offer.

4. Journey -> Came into this one well after its release, but my first playthrough of it was too perfect.  I found a random friend and we played through the majority of the game together.  In the last level, I feared I lost them... I was genuinely disappointed since we were having fun and I wanted to see it to the end.  As I approached what was obviously the end of the game, I chose to wait hoping that by some stretch we were still connected together.  Suddenly they came flying onto the scene, and we beeped and jumped in joy that we found eachother again and finished the game together.  I have to imagine that kind of connection to a stranger as you experience everything for the first time, was exactly the environment/emotion that the developers were trying to create.  Truly appreciative that I got to experience it.

5. Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls -> I'm going to give both these Quantic Dream games one spot since I can't decide between the two.  I've somewhat grown out of the interactive drama genre since (we'll see with Detroit)... but like UC2, hit just the right notes at just the right time.  Love those games.

Honorable Mention:

The Last of Us -> Was super excited about the game, but it came at a depressive point in my life... so I never got it when it first came out.  A friend got it for me as a Christmas gift at one point, and while the opening moments blew me away I struggled to get through it.  Again, I blame where I was at that point in my life more than the game (though it definitely dragged at times), but I took breaks from it for months before I finally finished it.  Great game, bad timing.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Some of my favorite exclusives from all time are now multiplatformer, although those titles were exclusives so they must be in this list.

Random Order:

. Crash Team Racing

. The Last of Us

. God of War II

. Driver 2

. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

HM: Spyro 3, Ratchet and Clank 3, Sly: Thieves in Time, Klonoa 2, Kula World, Nier Automata.

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

Another awesome thread :)

Absolutely in no order. Can't really compare them. 

1. Horizon Zero Dawn - heard about how beautiful the game was and how everyone seemed to enjoy it yet I wasn't really buying the hype that much. Boyyyy I was wrong. Really really beautiful visuals and I'm not joking to say that I spent many hours just going to areas or positioning Aloy for a perfect shot. That plus the incredible story filled with twists. A really well-made game. 

2. TEKKEN 5 - I would've put all TEKKENs here if I had to ( besides 7 since it's non-exclusive) but I think that the series reached its peak at 5. Such a wonderful game and it was packed with content and had a killer soundtrack. 

3. Uncharted 2 - I remember taking a risk and buying the entire series on the ps3 before playing the first. The first felt meh to me and I had to push through near the end to finish it. I was worried the second might be also kind of bad but luckily I was wrong. In fact, it was really really good. Very action packed with more nuanced characters. 

4. InFAMOUS 2 - As much as I also loved infamous 1 which set the stage for 2's story, I had to go with 2. This is because overall, in terms of gameplay mechanics, it was much more fun to experience and playing as evil/ good Cole was a blast. Would buy a remaster of this in a heartbeat

5. Jet Li's Rise to honour - an underrated gem that isn't really talked about from the ps2 era. While a linear game, it was very action packed with a decent story, and a surprisingly well made combat. If you love Jackie Chan/ Bruce Lee movies, do yourself a favour and play this!

Edited by PooPooBlast

In no particular order:

• Crash Team Racing (PS1)
  • Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
  • Ni no Kuni: The wrath of the white witch (PS3)
  • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)
  • Until Dawn (PS4)

Honorable Mentions:

• Ape Escape 3 (PS2)
  • Tokyo Jungle (PS3)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (VITA)

Note: Never played Persona nor God of War so I can't really comment on those titles.

Edited by bpmotard
Croc is not an exclusive, so I removed it from the list

First spot goes to Bloodborne/Demon’s Souls. I don’t think they should both have their own spot, i just feel like one should have played at least one of them.

Second spot would be Shadow of the Colossus, don’t think this is a pick i really have to justify.

Third spot is Final Fantasy 7. While i’m not too sure if its reputation as one of the best games ever made is truly deserved i think it’s a very interesting game to revisit from a modern perspective.

Fourth spot is Yakuza 0 as a stand-in for the entire Yakuza franchise. People should at least give the franchise a shot so going for the best game in the series makes sense to me.

Finally i’ve got to give it to the original Metal Gear Solid, hugely innovative and influential game that hasn’t suffered from its age as much as a lot of its contemporaries.

Feel like my list ended up a little on the generic side as i tried to remove any personal bias.